Kenny Shiels ex Killie boss

Kenny Shiels: NI boss says 'women are more emotional than men' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61089471

I wonder how long he will keep his job for after stating the obvious.
I have to agree with him tbh. Women's fitba is a very poor standard. Just look at the low crowds. If it were any good, attendances would be higher than 5 people and a dog. I'm also sick of SKY and the BBC shoving it down our throats, it's just woke virtue signalling nonsense.

So we have fans who want to keep their memory alive by singing about them every game?

No matter what excuses you come up with for grown men signing this shite at Rangers football games, it’s utterly bizarre and embarrassing behaviour.

The scumbag sands is sung about more than davie Cooper at our games. More than Struth, Wallace, henderson, Laudrup or McCoist.

Embarrassing.

So we have fans who want to keep their memory alive by singing about them every game?

No matter what excuses you come up with for grown men signing this shite at Rangers football games, it’s utterly bizarre and embarrassing behaviour.

The scumbag sands is sung about more than davie Cooper at our games. More than Struth, Wallace, henderson, Laudrup or McCoist.

Embarrassing.
You’ve deviated from what you asked . You posted

Ignoramus? You know exactly what I’m referring to.

People who haven’t even been to Belfast or Northern Ireland singing about Bobby sands and the IRA are a total redneck. Idiots.”

I don’t agree with singing the songs at the games either . But the tens of thousands that do sing these songs are far from idiots . Many are from Nothern Ireland who have probably seen friends and family murdered about these reptiles they are singing about.
The tens of thousands who sing these songs from elsewhere do so in solidarity with our friends across the water.
These songs that you find embarrassing make people believe in something bigger, stronger and more culturally aware than you will ever be.

You’ve deviated from what you asked . You posted

Ignoramus? You know exactly what I’m referring to.

People who haven’t even been to Belfast or Northern Ireland singing about Bobby sands and the IRA are a total redneck. Idiots.”

I don’t agree with singing the songs at the games either . But the tens of thousands that do sing these songs are far from idiots . Many are from Nothern Ireland who have probably seen friends and family murdered about these reptiles they are singing about.
The tens of thousands who sing these songs from elsewhere do so in solidarity with our friends across the water.
These songs that you find embarrassing make people believe in something bigger, stronger and more culturally aware than you will ever be.
Why then do they no longer sing them at Northern Ireland international matches?

I’m willing to bet the vast majority singing the songs are Scottish and haven’t seen friends or anyone killed by Bobby Fcking sands or the IRA. And certainly won’t have copulated with the pope.

Simple question , take your time to reply.

Just to reiterate to you I’ll say it again- a grown human being standing at a football match singing “ Fck Bobby sands, he’s deeed” , “ Fck yer pope “ and “ I fought the IRA, they say that I must pay” when they didn’t is an acute embarrassment and a weird , weird obsession some of us can’t shake off.

Why then do they no longer sing them at Northern Ireland international matches?

I’m willing to bet the vast majority singing the songs are Scottish and haven’t seen friends or anyone killed by Bobby Fcking sands or the IRA. And certainly won’t have copulated with the pope.

Simple question , take your time to reply.

Just to reiterate to you I’ll say it again- a grown human being standing at a football match singing “ Fck Bobby sands, he’s deeed” , “ Fck yer pope “ and “ I fought the IRA, they say that I must pay” when they didn’t is an acute embarrassment and a weird , weird obsession some of us can’t shake off.
If you hate these supporters so much then why do you go?
I will say it again , I don’t believe in the songs being sung. But give me the supporters that sing these songs any day of the week over people like yourself.
Who thinks by using as many adjectives as possible to describe our support makes him sound and feel kind of morally superior.
When in actual fact it makes you look a right tit

If you hate these supporters so much then why do you go?
I will say it again , I don’t believe in the songs being sung. But give me the supporters that sing these songs any day of the week over people like yourself.
Who thinks by using as many adjectives as possible to describe our support makes him sound and feel kind of morally superior.
When in actual fact it makes you look a right tit
Who said I hate them? Making stuff up now I see. Can’t you do better?

I’ll just end it here. Singing those songs is idiotic at best. Most seem to have realised it even the good people who attend Windsor park who have binned it all. I see you failed epically to answer me on that. No surprise.

What a stupid and ill informed thing to say. Anyone I know are well versed in Irish politics and his logic is because you were born in Stobhill or Glasgow royal you know nothing.
What an ignoramus.
I was born in stobhill and am a member of the OO .

He said the majority of them don’t have a clue. That’s true. He didn’t say all. The vast majority of people singing about the Pope and Bobby sands and fighting the IRA were probably born in stobhill or Glasgow royal.

Either way Ulster bears or anyone else shouldn’t be indulging in songs or chants they wouldn’t now sing at Windsor park. It’s a perpetual embarrassment to our club and more damaging than anything we do on the park.
Way to derail the thread with your hand-wringing pish.

Why should those songs be going nowhere? Probably the majority of people attending games are not old enough to even remember the likes of Bobby Sands, fans under the age of 30 won't have any memory of the troubles at all. Songs about the troubles in Ulster had their time but have no place in modern football in Scotland.
The majority of people attending games are not old enough to remember Bobby Sands? What utter shite is that? He died in 81, what age do you think most people that go to games are haha.

The songs won’t be going anywhere because the majority of our fan base is from the Protestant community and a large chunk of it is from NI. Do you see the 12th celebrations going anywhere?

As I have said a couple of times now, you should pipe up with your views at a game sometime, because I am yet to hear anyone with your view point in the grounds.

Bit ironic of Kenny shields to say this when his doctor advised him to stop doing interviews when he was at Morton haha.

Guys a throbber.

I thought it was a really poor comment tbh. The womans game is just getting going and some countries are way behind those that have had established leagues. The standards just way behind in a lot of countries, dont think that its down to hormonal women on this occassion lol

Way to derail the thread with your hand-wringing pish.
“ Hand-wringing” and “ panty wetter” the gauranteed fall back comment of the Bobby Sands loyal. You’ll get nowhere with me mate, heard it all.

Singing his name at our games more than any other figure in history is a perpetual embarrassment. If he were still here he would be loving it that we sing about him. Laughing from hell at us.

The good thing is it’s dying out- aside from a vocal minority nobody wants to be associated with singing about Irish troubles, death squads, Bobby sands or the Pope at football anymore. It’s done, and dying on its arse.

Back on track re shields he is right- most people have not one clue what the songs mean or the horror of what went on.

The majority of people attending games are not old enough to remember Bobby Sands? What utter shite is that? He died in 81, what age do you think most people that go to games are haha.

The songs won’t be going anywhere because the majority of our fan base is from the Protestant community and a large chunk of it is from NI. Do you see the 12th celebrations going anywhere?

As I have said a couple of times now, you should pipe up with your views at a game sometime, because I am yet to hear anyone with your view point in the grounds.
Do the maths. He's been dead for 41 years and the majority of our fans will be 45 and under.

Do the maths. He's been dead for 41 years and the majority of our fans will be 45 and under.
The vast majority of them will be aware who Bobby Sands and the IRA are/were. Any mates I have over there are pretty knowledgeable about the Irish troubles.

Again, and I haven’t had anyone respond to this yet, announce your views to others at the games. Surely the only way to get your point across is to confront the people singing these songs yourself.

Tbf, Dennis, those who attend NI games are much more part of the PUIL community than those who attend Ibrox, yet these songs have gone away from NI games. That does not mean that the identity, allegiance, culture of the fans is not expressed, it is, but the songs have gone away.

They'll only know about it because they hear it being sung at games. I'd get that most people singing about Bobby Sands have no idea who he was our what he stood for. You're suggesting people are knowledgeable about so it's relevant but it's only because people sing it that they know about it in the first place. It's ridiculous. Stop singing about it and the scumbags that should have been left to rot in hell will soon become irrelevant.
Won’t be going anywhere, basically everyone that go to the games and especially the away games seem to enjoy the songs.

Tbf, Dennis, those who attend NI games are much part of the PUIL community than those who attend Ibrox, yet these songs have gone away from NI games. That does not mean that the identity, allegiance, culture of the fans is not expressed, it is, but the songs have gone away.
NI games are completely different, how exactly would NI fans ever lose their identity? The team is a consequence of the conflict

NI games are completely different, how exactly would NI fans ever lose their identity? The team is a consequence of the conflict
Yeh you’d imagine If the songs would be sung anywhere it would be there, and get they’ve binned it for good reason.

And yet it continues at a Scottish clubs games? It’s not open for debate-it’s had its day. Eventually this will sink in with those still persisting with their Pope/sands obsessions.

Tbf, Dennis, those who attend NI games are much more part of the PUIL community than those who attend Ibrox, yet these songs have gone away from NI games. That does not mean that the identity, allegiance, culture of the fans is not expressed, it is, but the songs have gone away.
Exactly.

Yeh you’d imagine If the songs would be sung anywhere it would be there, and get they’ve binned it for good reason.

And yet it continues at a Scottish clubs games? It’s not open for debate-it’s had its day. Eventually this will sink in with those still persisting with their Pope/sands obsessions.
I’ve been on forums for the past 15 or so years and it was argued about when I first started and nothing has changed. I see wee guys at games all the time singing these songs still and our shirts are worn at 12th of July parades in the thousands, so no, it’ll be going nowhere.

It’s only online you come across people with your views.

I’ve been on forums for the past 15 or so years and it was argued about when I first started and nothing has changed. I see wee guys at games all the time singing these songs still and our shirts are worn at 12th of July parades in the thousands, so no, it’ll be going nowhere.

It’s only online you come across people with your views.
It will because it’s a trickle down effect. Nobody would have thought that Windsor park and the travelling NI fans would bin the songs up until just a few years ago. It’s only a matter of time before the ones doing it at our games realise how freakish it is to be sane adult standing at a Glasgow Rangers football match screaming about the Pope and Bobby sands being deeed.

It will because it’s a trickle down effect. Nobody would have thought that Windsor park and the travelling NI fans would bin the songs up until just a few years ago. It’s only a matter of time before the ones doing it at our games realise how freakish it is to be sane adult standing at a Glasgow Rangers football match screaming about the Pope and Bobby sands being deeed.
Travelling NI fans have stopped the songs? That’s news to me. I must be imagining the plane and boat journeys I have been on travelling over. I know plenty of guys that don’t sing the songs at NI games but support us and will sing the songs at our games because it is literally engrained into our support.

It won’t disappear because as I mentioned I see plenty of kids singing these songs at games now and the fact the majority of our fanbase are from the PUL community it will continue to be passed through generations. You can sit arguing this on here all you like, it’ll have zero impact. You would need to mention it to people at the games to get properly noticed, but clearly you have no intention of that.

All the best with your rage.

Travelling NI fans have stopped the songs? That’s news to me. I must be imagining the plane and boat journeys I have been on travelling over. I know plenty of guys that don’t sing the songs at NI games but support us and will sing the songs at our games because it is literally engrained into our support.

It won’t disappear because as I mentioned I see plenty of kids singing these songs at games now and the fact the majority of our fanbase are from the PUL community it will continue to be passed through generations. You can sit arguing this on here all you like, it’ll have zero impact. You would need to mention it to people at the games to get properly noticed, but clearly you have no intention of that.

All the best with your rage.
At the games Northern Ireland fans have stopped the songs home and away as they’ve realised how awful and how backward it looks. You introducing plane and bus journeys moves the goalposts completely.

We will be dragged one way or another to that point as well. Either by a UEFA full stadium closure or hopefully before it reaches that point, people becoming more self aware of how neddy, backwards, intolerant and embarrassing it is.

All the best with your straw man attempts at justifying sectarian chanting.

At the games Northern Ireland fans have stopped the songs home and away as they’ve realised how awful and how backward it looks. You introducing plane and bus journeys moves the goalposts completely.

We will be dragged one way or another to that point as well. Either by a UEFA full stadium closure or hopefully before it reaches that point, people becoming more self aware of how neddy, backwards, intolerant and embarrassing it is.

All the best with your straw man attempts at justifying sectarian chanting.
Shouldn’t be sang in Europe, doesn’t matter domestically, there’s no implications of doing it domestically.

I’m not sectarian I just don’t like the IRA, but thanks.

The vast majority of them will be aware who Bobby Sands and the IRA are/were. Any mates I have over there are pretty knowledgeable about the Irish troubles.

Again, and I haven’t had anyone respond to this yet, announce your views to others at the games. Surely the only way to get your point across is to confront the people singing these songs yourself.
Their extremely limited knowledge will stretch to knowing he was in the IRA and that he's dead. They will know absolutely nothing else about him.

And I'll ask you, what the f*ck does Bobby Sands have to do with Rangers? Do these songs encourage the players?

He said the majority of them don’t have a clue. That’s true. He didn’t say all. The vast majority of people singing about the Pope and Bobby sands and fighting the IRA were probably born in stobhill or Glasgow royal.

Either way Ulster bears or anyone else shouldn’t be indulging in songs or chants they wouldn’t now sing at Windsor park. It’s a perpetual embarrassment to our club and more damaging than anything we do on the park.
Precisely. He's talking about people like me, born and brought up in Germany, singing under the shower about rifles, pistols and joining the YCV. I mean, what the hell would I know :D

Their extremely limited knowledge will stretch to knowing he was in the IRA and that he's dead. They will know absolutely nothing else about him.

And I'll ask you, what the f*ck does Bobby Sands have to do with Rangers? Do these songs encourage the players?
Jimmy Sands probably thinks our fans hate him already :))

So the players who have worked closely with him over years have no issues with his words or actions?

But people on an online message board who don't know him or the team are outraged for them.

Imagine your existence was being offended on other people's behalf.

A great many commentators with their pants pulled down now that the team has publicly backed him.

Reactions: DJT
So the players who have worked closely with him over years have no issues with his words or actions?

But people on an online message board who don't know him or the team are outraged for them.

Imagine your existence was being offended on other people's behalf.

You don't have to imagine. Just go on Twitter for a day.

Meanwhile the devices they use to pontificate from are dripping in human suffering so they can be affordable to the masses. Hypocrisy at its peak imo.

Well played Marrissa and the rest of the team. A metaphorical ‘f*** up’ to the media and various parasites looking for blood. Shiels won’t have planned this - but things like this galvanise teams and make them stronger than ever - which we will need in the euros !!

Well played Marrissa and the rest of the team. A metaphorical ‘f*** up’ to the media and various parasites looking for blood. Shiels won’t have planned this - but things like this galvanise teams and make them stronger than ever - which we will need in the euros !!
Was an incredibly stupid thing to say regardless.

Why was it stupid? He is 100% correct. His only fault was apologising.
Really misogynistic, but he knew that himself that’s why he ended the interview saying he shouldn’t have said it and why he apologised. At least his players still back him, that’s all that’ll matter anyway.

Back