MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McGregor has been done since about October, I have no idea what Kamara was doing, Balogun with what can only be described as lunacy.

1-0 up, cruising and the players just decide to have a meltdown for no reason.

Honestly, if I were Gio I'd be at my wits end with some of the stupidity, mistakes and erratic nature of our team since January.

Nothing he could do about today. The players have let him down.

Why was Tierney not booked for his celebration,..not sour grapes by the way,.. just wondering what has changed as not long ago Morelos sent off for ‘exchanging’ gestures with the opposition. I believe that we can still win this game but need to get shots off quicker.

It was a red, 100%

So was the challenge on Wright.

Mugabe pulls Sakala no yellow.

Arfield pulls a player, yellow.

It was a red, but to say the ref has done nothing wrong is, well, wrong.

Won't claim him to be cheating but he is massively inconsistent.
This 100% for me balogun is unlucky but excessive

VAR will only work if the guys working it are honest. I reckon they'll be every bit as shite as the guys on the pitch. Infact I'd go as far as to say VAR won't benefit us at all.
Will make them look even more dishonest, at the moment they have no one to answer to

Folk saying the Motherwell lad was only a yellow are just annoyed at Balagun. He was off the ground , high with studs showing it was a worse challenge than Balagun.

Balogun is a red. It was an idiotic challenge to make. He's slightly unfortunate that his foot bounces off the ball and onto the boy but there was just no need for such a challenge in that area.

He's meant to be experienced

Correct. 40 yards from goal and out wide. A needlessly reckless challenge when we were cruising.

Anybody defending that red is blinkered. The ref's done nothing wrong today.
Tierney runs straight to the Rangers support gesturing after goal and no yellow. Morelos was Red carded at Motherwell for less

Arfield booked for holding player back. Minutes earlier Mugabe holds Sakala back in identical ‘challenge’ no booking

Balogan gets foot on ball and rolls over the top. Red card. Well player flies in two footed , out of control, nowhere near ball , scissor action challenge and it’s only a yellow

Apart from that Walsh has had a great game!

We still need pace to counter here but would be inclined to bring on Lundstam for a bit of dig and to recycle attacking play more quickly.

Red or not,but I don't know what the actual %^*& Balogun was thinking making that kind of tackle at that part of the pitch..utter fucking madness!

Folk raging at our red card and are trying to equate the two.

Balogun's was a red all day long. Theirs was a strong yellow card.
200.gif

The difference in McGregor to McLaughlin with distribution is night and day

Unfortunately it looks like it. McGregor seems to be rooted to his goal line now and not commanding his box ( ooh er matron )

Great shot stopper but he should be out there punching heads out and getting in amongst it.

Reactions: hms
It was a red, 100%

So was the challenge on Wright.

Mugabe pulls Sakala no yellow.

Arfield pulls a player, yellow.

It was a red, but to say the ref has done nothing wrong is, well, wrong.

Won't claim him to be cheating but he is massively inconsistent.

The difference between Arfield's and Mugabe's, was that Arfield mouthed off at the Ref.

Sakala is such a big drop off in quality from Roofe. Need to come up with another solution. Think I’d be playing Kent up there against Leipzig and the glitters.

—————Shegga
Tav—Goldson—Bassey—Borna
———Lundstram—Jack
Arfield——Kamara——Aribo
—————-Kent

Is this a repeat? Go ahead, start trying to stroll it, %^*& about then concede a daft goal to a crossed ball.

Same old guff in the league.

Finger out Rangers! Can do this.

For the amount of time diallo was on the park he done nothing to make any difference up to the red card. Waste of money for a loan and Jersey.

Was it a sending off? Well, yes as it was high and no doubt deemed reckless

Was unfortunate though as it was the ball that rolled his foot high

There’s was a definite yellow and a possible red as well tbqh

They also seem to be getting away with yellows that we are getting booked for

I still think this is winnable but we need to take chances when they occur, unfortunately I don’t have any faith in Sakala or Wright to do so.

Fling on Itten and Lundstram take off Wright and Sakala
Wright has every attribute to be a top player apart from technical ability.
Maybe Gerrard thought he could improve this aspect of the lad.
Oh dear.

Not only did Kamara dither on the ball and lose it in his own penalty box, but he was "marking" the man that scored with the header. I'll be quite happy to see Kamara go in the summer. I don't actually know what he does, doesn't create or score, can't tackle or win a header. Good at keeping possession normally, a water carrier they used to call players like him.
It's a pity as he can play well when he wants to
Dunno what's in his head these days

What is Kamara thinking about!

Balogun absolute unforgivable idiocy.

McGregor just a rotten old man.

Kamara thinking he's playing with his mates down the park.

%^*& sake Rangers
Mcgregor is going to cost us sadly today and going forward, If you want to be a keeper, you have to come for crosses !! he doesn't even seem like the same person, he's so far off it, bizarre...

The difference is they have people in the media ex players what have you setting the narrative,we have guys like mccoist that just want to be everybody's pal

The thing about McGregor is that the opposition know they can hit these crosses right into the heart of our box. The ball can be in the air a long time and he will still be rooted to the spot. They don’t need a player like Barisic to curl one in - as any jobber can create danger for us with any type of ball in there.

If that standard was as strictly applied as you are suggesting most teams in Scotland including us(probably not that mob though lol) would struggle to finish any game with 11 men on the park.
I don't disagree but if you are applying the letter of the law, which he did correctly with Balogun, he has to send the Motherwell player off. It's cheating, again

Well I’ve just watched the two incidents and balagon is not a red but the Motherwell one is more a red if this was a one off incident just a bad day for the ref but this is a referee clearly playing games

Folk saying the Motherwell lad was only a yellow are just annoyed at Balagun. He was off the ground , high with studs showing it was a worse challenge than Balagun.

You really need to watch them again. Seriously. Balogun's studs connect with their player's leg above the ankle. At no point does their player's studs make contact with Wright.

Laughable to suggest theirs was worse than Balogun.

Back