MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sakala is expected to work both channels on his own and Arfield was frustrated because his first touch was horrendous and he had to foul.

Perhaps if he focused on his own game...his attempted shot was feeble as usual. Never seen Arfield hitting a shot with his laces, always weak side footed passbacks.
Yep. Beale showed the way we should play when down to 10 men with two mobile strikers covering both zones. Having one man up front just doesn’t work.

Fair play to Kris Boyd at half time - said both were reds and then called out the Motherwell player not getting carded for the pull back while our player did

Says that the refereeing is inconsistent and you can see why there are complaints about officiating in Scotland

Shields tries to just play Barisic and not the ball there 46th minute

Mugabi, Lamie and Shields just run around committing fouls

You really need to watch them again. Seriously. Balogun's studs connect with their player's leg above the ankle. At no point does their player's studs make contact with Wright.

Laughable to suggest theirs was worse than Balogun.
Two feet off the ground, not in control=red (or should do).

I don't disagree but if you are applying the letter of the law, which he did correctly with Balogun, he has to send the Motherwell player off. It's cheating, again
I’d agree that if he sent the motherwell boy off I wouldn’t have much complaint other than thinking it was a bit harsh, its just that there is Plenty of instances this season of us being officiated to a different standard and I just don’t think this was one of them.

They weren’t similar. Balogans was over the top with studs showing. The Motherwell player took wright.

One was a red. And one was a yellow. Ref called them right
Nailed it mate. The obsession with referees on here is very very tiresome. Yes they're shite, yes they all hate us & yes have cost up points but until VAR arrives and we have a board with a pair of balls then nothing will change. I just wish people would accept it for what it is until such times.

I remember an almost identical tackle in the prem not that long ago, it was high profile and one of the top 6 teams but I can’t remember who it was. Boy caught the top off the ball his foot rolled over it and caught the player shin high and he was sent off. Sky were going on about it and the consensus was that it was definitely a red regardless of intent.

It is a red.

It’s only in Scotland, amongst fans or whatever club it affects negatively, that it’s even debatable.

Back