Mateusz Zukowski

Could simply be that he is not deemed fit enough for our game and is currently in the gym.

he was on the field on Thursday celebrating.

similar to Scott Wright, probably in the gym for months now packing on muscle.

Bassey physically was ready to start every week for us but still took 12-18 months of hard work and experience to get comfortable showing his best.

It’s going to be a long, difficult road for any player trying to break into that team, especially in place of our best player.

He just needs time.

He's only 20 – might need some time to adjust to what we're doing and how we play? Not uncommon with our signings over the last few years.

Bassey physically was ready to start every week for us but still took 12-18 months of hard work and experience to get comfortable showing his best.

It’s going to be a long, difficult road for any player trying to break into that team, especially in place of our best player.

He just needs time.
100% agree... Was just wondering as Adam Devine is on the bench and not Mateusz

So why was he signed then? The thing is, even if Tavernier was injured he would not be trusted and Balogun or someone else would play instead.

This money could have as well be spent on a (loan) striker for example. There is no reason the lad could not be at least on the bench today.
Hmmm just maybe he’s unsettled or perhaps carrying an injury? Maybe he’s taking his time to adjust, learn style of play, adjust to new country, culture, training, eating habits.

He was brought in in January!

Just because he’s not in the squad doesn’t mean that some kind of disaster has happened.

We will need a back up RB so no let’s not say money would’ve been better spent elsewhere.

Jeebus fûcking wept man.

Why?

The guy has been a massive failure. We had limited money and spent on a right back that's never going to get a game.
So do we just not bother with cover for Tav after Patterson left?

He’s not in the squad. Big deal. Do we just pap Tav out to accommodate? We’ve got enough cover to allow the lad just a wee bit to settle in.

And if he doesn’t work out then we move on.

Thought exactly the same when I saw he hadn't even made the bench. Would've been an ideal opportunity to rest Tav today.

"Dammit Zukowski!" *

* To be said in the voice of a TV New York police captain who's got the commissioner up his ass, bodies piling up in the morgue, the DA looking for answers and the mayor having kittens because it's an election year

I was thinking more Monsters Inc.

28monsters1-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

There’s a feel good buzz at the moment which is why some guys are getting shot down here.

But nobody really expects this lad to ever succeed at Rangers now.

So do we just not bother with cover for Tav after Patterson left?

He’s not in the squad. Big deal. Do we just pap Tav out to accommodate? We’ve got enough cover to allow the lad just a wee bit to settle in.

And if he doesn’t work out then we move on.

Have another youth player who was picked before him. It’s more the failure of Ross WIlson that I’m going on about rather than Zukowski.

Do you go out of your way to post the most outrageous and ridiculous nonsense possible? B-D

You honestly think Ross WIlsons signings have been a success?

How many of his own signings have been value for money and out with Patterson what money has he brought in?

Bassey, Balogun and Lundstram have all been excellent value for money.

Lundstram was arguably Gerard’s signing.

Balogun is constantly injured, along with Roofe & Helander.

Out with Bassey his “good” signings have been constantly injured. Defoe is clearly a Gerrard signing. Didn’t really pluck Davis & McGregor out of thin air either.

The rest? Poor.

What are you on about? Defoe, Davis and McGregor were signed when Mark Allen was DOF you absolute trumpet.

Balogun has had his injury problems but he's still been excellent value for money, which is the point you were disputing.

What’s the need for name calling?

I got it wrong, 3 signings that I thought were his weren’t. Even less successful signings.

Balogun can’t be trusted to last 4 or 5 games in a row, never mind a season. Getting 2 or 3 games then being out injured for 3 or 4 weeks isn’t value for money.

Could simply be that he is not deemed fit enough for our game and is currently in the gym.

he was on the field on Thursday celebrating.

similar to Scott Wright, probably in the gym for months now packing on muscle.
Don't think it's anything to do with lack muscle that's holding Zukowski back. The boy is well built - his legs are like Roberto Carlos!

Mate we are in the Europa League final and 3 of his free transfer signings were instrumental in us winning the semi final....

More to do with the manager and squad. We have been crying out for a striker and he is lucky it hasn’t came back to haunt us recently. We were desperate for a striker in January and never brought one in which was criminal.

Do you really think he has been a success with his signings?

Lundstram was arguably Gerard’s signing.

Balogun is constantly injured, along with Roofe & Helander.

Out with Bassey his “good” signings have been constantly injured. Defoe is clearly a Gerrard signing. Didn’t really pluck Davis & McGregor out of thin air either.

The rest? Poor.
I’d say Aribo, Roofe, Sakala, McLaughlin and Hagi can be added to the successes. Simpson, Itten, Wright, Diallo and Ramsay as his arguable failures. That said Wright started the game that got us a euro final, and Ramsay was a gamble any DOF would have taken. Diallo may well get another year also. Too early to say about the Polish boy or Sands but the latter there definitely is a player there.

Would I trust him if we do have to replace a lot of players? Probably not but I do trust our gaffer.

Back