How much has your life changed since the 2008 final?

Parma99

14 years since our last European final. In that time I’ve married, had two kids, changed job twice, done a fair bit of travelling, moved house, and turned 40. Feel like a different person from the relative youngster who watched the Zenit game. Can’t wait to watch this one with my daughters - who were only a twinkle in my eye in 2008! How has your life changed since then?

I started going with my Mrs the year we went to Manchester......not sure if that's a sign this is time to swap wife's :shh:

Pretty similar to op really had hair now don't have to pretend to adult and be professional when reality is id rather just be at footie

14 years since our last European final. In that time I’ve married, had two kids, changed job twice, done a fair bit of travelling, moved house, and turned 40. Feel like a different person from the relative youngster who watched the Zenit game. Can’t wait to watch this one with my daughters - who were only a twinkle in my eye in 2008! How has your life changed since then?
Very similar. Married, 2 wee girls and another kid on the way. Same job, different house. Going to watch it with my daughters and family. Can’t wait.

Massively.

My Ma and Da now sadly in care, and was in tears thinking about my Da, who won't have a scooby about the Bears journey in Europe this season.

I've had cancer 4 times but still here to hopefully witness the greatest day in my life.

We are the People.

Married
3 kids
Spent a year in Canada
Moved house
Moved house again
Added a few lbs
Lost a few lbs
Added them again.
Turned 40.

Married now for the second time and really happy.
My mum died, my daughter got married, my son lives with his partner. Stepdaughters are good to me. Moved house. Got two grandchildren. Joined the golf club.

Still love the Rangers!

Moved country, had two kids, joined the army got medically discharged and awaiting multiple surgeries.

Had both parents then, Sadly don’t now. Hope they’re both in that dressing room on Wednesday letting them ( The players ) know what’s required.

Stayed in Glasgow then, In Ayrshire now.

Had hair then. Now going bald :))

Changed job, moved to Glasgow, met my girlfriend, now been a season ticket holder for years and this time travelling over. Always regretted not going down to Manchester even if it did turn a bit sour. Not making that mistake again, especially after what the club has gone through in the 14 years between the games.

Hopefully won't have as many changes between now and the next final but here's hoping we only have another 14 years to wait.

Like most a lot has changed. Started a business married, two kids and three houses

Married
2 kids
Bought a flat now a house
Gave up season ticket after my son was born due to not being able to afford it anymore.

Retired,although still doing lollipop man,got grand-daughter(8) and grandson(6) he is attending Rangers Academy at Holm Park.
Got my season ticket with one son at start of "journey" and still attending Ibrox.
Unfortunately sons have fallen out,but memories of time at Manchester with them still good.
Probably watching game on Wed on my own due to f*****g Chinese Virus.

Still married however have been joined by 2 kids with a 10 year age gap. (Youngest became a myGers member on the day he was born - reckon they’re can’t be many life long members if any)
Moved to a lovely new house
Moved job twice
Lost my dad to a car crash - no way would he have made it through COVID.
Lost a lot of weight and put it back on again

Turned 40 & then 50. Same house, same job, same wife & 2 kids.

I now have a grand daughter who i adore, but sadly I've lost my Mum, Dad & older brother - the former 2 who I went to Manchester with along with my younger brother.

Wednesday in particular will be a touch bitter sweet because of this. :(
They'll be with us on Wednesday night, dont worry about that.

Went to Manchester with the Mrs.
Staying in the house with family this year,except my oldest boy who’s going to Seville.
Last time he was 5yrs old staying with his Granny.
How life changes.

Brilliant thread.

was 27 and had become a dad for the first time, bit of a surprise so I really didn’t know the mum past 15 months. worked in an under appreciated and under paid job. Life was a bit tough after cruising through life with everything being easy.

now 41, turns out the girl was alright and now happily married with a second kid in tow. In a job where I work less but get paid a whack more. Looking forward to taking the boy to Seville on Tuesday. Genuinely couldn’t be happier in life And massively grateful for it.

58 now.
Got divorced.
Lost both my Parents, 2 ex in laws and ex wife ( we were still friends).
Gained a daughter in law and 2 Granddaughters.
Worked in 5 different countries until I retired early.
Went through a sea of emotions when the Spivs were in charge of our wonderful club.
Cried with sheer joy when DK and the 3 Bears wrestled control from them, as I did when we stopped 9.75
My body never creaked or cracked in 2008 like the way it does now.

Been to America, Left school, worked 3 or 4 different jobs, 1 college course, got hooked on cocaine, got aff it, met my Mrs, had 2 weans, a dog, 2 cats, moved about 3 or 4 times, settled now and none of that aged me like watching Rangers did between 2012 and 2021.

I was in a horrible relationship back in 2008 my son was 2 years old, I lost my dad in 2009, I split from my partner the same year, brutal times inbetween going through the courts for custody of my son. I finally met my now wife in 2011, married in 2015 we have a wee westie called Rosie and I am currently living my best life. I look back and recognise I took a lot of things for granted, I am now truly grateful and appreciate the life I have with my wife and family.

The day after Manchester was my Higher English exam. I got an A, however the results came out the day of the Kaunas game so that was a bit of a dampener. In the 14 years since I don't think I've had to use any of the skills allegedly taught to me in Higher English.

Just look at what has happened to Rangers in that time.

What a time it has been for all of us bears. More ups and downs than a hoors knickers!

But this time we’re back and right at the very top where we belong. And Wednesday is going to take us even further than we’ve ever been!

What a time to be a bear!

Had just retired from my 'career-type' job aged 49 coz I had broken my back. Managed to upset my whole family in Manchester by losing my daughter and son for a few hours.

Umpteen jobs later, still with the same wumman.

Moved from Bothwell to West End.

3 grandsons and 1 about to appear in the next week or so.

Daughter graduated from Uni, married off and doing well.

Son pro sportsman, married off and doing all right.

Sadly just too old now at 63 to be traipsing across Iberia ticketless.

Just do it 'Gers.

Back