The atmosphere.

My thoughts exactly - and then instead of waiting to applaud the players at the medal presentation they disappeared like snow off a dyke. Can only conclude that the tickets went to the wrong people.

I was just sitting here thinking exactly that.

I bet a large section don’t see us play again until we get to a quarter final, they are not there for the badge or the team.

aye blame the fans who paid thousands through the season

ffs have a word way yourself

we were served up utter tripe

There was nervous tension in the stadium throughout the match, they ran out of water and juice and everyone was gubbed, I had 2 beers the full day as the heat was just too much, my boy was parched, ended up having to drink tap water from the toilets

We were so quiet tonight. Perhaps a mixture of nerves, drink and standing in the sun for 6 hours before getting to the game.
This in spades. No water or anything to drink for 4 hours. Everyone was completely fucked after what we’ve been through to get there. The scum Spanish turned the water off at 11pm. Our only source of hydration. Shithole stadium not fit for purpose. Before anyone mentions Frankfurt fans , yes they were amazing but not sure if their support hit the drink as hard as us over the last few days. That’s an argument for another day.

There were a few factors at play, but I agree that the fans were disappointingly quiet. I suspect that many were too nervous and wrapped up in the game and this is where the continental mindless, orchestrated chanting has an advantage, they kept it going regardless of what was happening on the park.

Many of our fans were also probably utterly done in from excesses of travel, alcohol and sunshine over the past 48hrs. It doesn't make the atmosphere less disappointing, but it's understandable.
I really don't understand it.
I can't make excuses for them. Not the sun, not the drink, not the nerves.

The occasion should have been more than enough.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.

So glad you posted that. I posted before the game that the lucky few had to represent the rest of us to the worldwide audience. Like Manchester in 2008 and Barcelona in 1972 they were pathetic. Just to clarify, I was in Barcelona in 1972 and in Picadilly Gardens in 2008. Both games were absolutely pathetic in terms of fan support.

For me the big issue is who gets the tickets.

Half the folk that made it into the stadium tonight would need google maps to find Ibrox. Seen a guy I work with on telly and he has never been inside Ibrox for as long as I’ve known him. Another guy I know posted on insta from the stadium. A c.unt who’s last game he went to was Manchester 2008.

Folk who can pull out a grand or 2 for a one off match ticket today safe in the knowledge that they won't be paying for another ticket in years were sadly in the majority by the looks of that.

Shame on UEFA for giving auch a pitiful allocation and allowing that to happen.

Our end sounded like a morgue

Biggest game in our history and we turn in that performance in the stands

Convinced that a lot of those people in the ground were simply people with money to burn on tickets but haven’t been near Ibrox in the run of the mill games.

Not singling any one person out but I know of someone who was there who hasn’t been anywhere near Ibrox all season apart from 3 of the Europa games at home. Pathetic

I dont think some of our support were the real support. Some glory hunters with money. Lots of it. That sucked it for us.

However, those Germans with that white tarpaulin over the second ring sponsor boards. I think they nicked them as a keep sake. Or to mess with the Sponsors. They will, or should be fined heavily for that. But won’t. Their support was better, overall. I don’t know if our support also drank too much day time and ran out of steam in that heat.

Anyways, let’s head home and go again!
The amount of people I know with tickets tonight who never go to games was mental.

Similar to Manchester the Rangers fans were poor. We officially had 9,500. We realistically had over 20,000. When the balance is made up of people with the biggest pockets you have no chance.

Folk were too drunk and sun stroked. I found the atmosphere flat much like the performance. Think it goes to show there was a large number of ‘big game’ fans in the ground.
Big game fans in the ground I hardly think they where going to outnumber everyone else.

It's been much maligned on heart and hand in the last few weeks but the European style atmosphere pissed all over our fans tonight despite the Germans being out numbered. Incredible from those who were lucky enough to get tickets.

we went for a 3 day bender and were gassed before the match even started.

The Germans typically prepared to give their backing from the off.

It is what it is. I wasn’t there so in no position to criticise anyone
Yip, the match is the end of the party for a lot of Rangers fans who’ve probably been on it for 3 days.

Add in the heat and it’s no wonder it was a bit hit and miss.

Having said that I thought the Frankfurt fans were pretty quiet in extra time.

Only heard us after the goal for a few minutes. Pretty embarrassing considering how outnumbered the Germans were.

Im more annoyed at the fact hardly any of them stayed behind to applaud the team getting their medals. The Frankfurt fans were respectful and clapped our players.
It’s easy to clap the opposition when you have won .

Fans tonight were an absolute disgrace, don’t know if it was nerves or the fact most of the people with tickets couldn’t spell Ibrox or a combination of both but we needed the fans tonight and the majority let the boys down.

Not saying it would have made a difference but it was very bery noticeable how quiet our end was compared to theirs, too many prawn sandwich brigade and too many supporters missed out

I know someone that was in attendance tonight. 1 game (braga at home) he’s been to ALL season.

I watched the game in a bar in Lanzarote, it was 30m into the game before I heard any song from the Rangers support. I thought at first it must have been the microphone positions.

Back