The atmosphere.

Fans tonight were an absolute disgrace, don’t know if it was nerves or the fact most of the people with tickets couldn’t spell Ibrox or a combination of both but we needed the fans tonight and the majority let the boys down.

Not saying it would have made a difference but it was very bery noticeable how quiet our end was compared to theirs, too many prawn sandwich brigade and too many supporters missed out

So predictable. Our so called supporters were pathetic. No attempt to drive our team forward.

Frankfurt gave their whole allocation to their Ultras. Which caused a ruckus with the rest of their support.

But it seemed to work.

Ours seemed so much more nervier than their support.
That really is the main point.

The UB are integral to the atmosphere at every Rangers game these days.

They should all have been given a section.

Robertson just doesn't get it.

That really is the main point.

The UB are integral to the atmosphere at every Rangers game these days.

They should all have been given a section.

Robertson just doesn't get it.

Correct. The players had no backing but Roberton and Co had a great time.

time to give the fans abuse now after Ramsey?!

fvck me gently!
It's not abuse though, is it?

There is no denying it was as flat as f uck tonight.
It was a European final, man.

We make more noise at Motherwell.

I think most of us think the place was awash with glory hunters.
I know about 8 from my work got tickets. Only one of them is a regular.

Rangers fans tonight were shocking I don't care if anyone calls me whatever
You're whatever!!!

Nah, seriously. I may have had a shit stream with bad audio but for the most part the Rangers fans were (unusually) silent. The occasion got to the players and fans. We need to get beyond the "happy to be here" philosophy if we want to be winning finals. We massively outnumbered them. Tonight should have been a cauldron of hate for the Frankfurt players.

I was watching on TV and saw a few fans yawning when the ball was out of play, WTF is that all about, a european final and you are tired.
The “majority” of fans in their tonight were shocking. The only atmosphere was created by the germans

Folk who can pull out a grand or 2 for a one off match ticket today safe in the knowledge that they won't be paying for another ticket in years were sadly in the majority by the looks of that.

Shame on UEFA for giving auch a pitiful allocation and allowing that to happen.
I knew someone I work with who goes home and away who was prepared to pay £700 for a ticket so I don’t think he is a big game hunter, there’s no denying it our Supporters never showed up tonight Sun and Booze is a lethal cocktail and I’m not knocking anyone cause I would have done the same ffs I did it in Manchester went to the game and don’t remember much about it .

Can criticise the atmosphere but to say things like the wrong people got tickets is a bit out of order , most of the people I know who were at the game are die hard Rangers fans who go everywhere to watch Rangers and have done for decades and we’re all absolutely gutted not to win tonight. Just because there’s some people who got tickets in a ballot or can afford a couple grand to pay a tour doesn’t mean every Rangers fan there was a part timer. Heat, fatigue and dehydration a factor aswell. No chance of a drink of water or anything at the game unless you were prepared to que forever and miss some of the game I was done in by half time had to sit down for a lot of the game.

Calling our fans an absolute disgrace is out of order.

fvck sake, people need to catch a grip.

one just said 1500 quid glory hunters cost us the game!

Total nonsense.

You're missing the point.

If fans make a difference, then fans not giving the team backing, make a difference. I posted before the game about this and as predicted our fans were posted missing.

we went for a 3 day bender and were gassed before the match even started.

The Germans typically prepared to give their backing from the off.

It is what it is. I wasn’t there so in no position to criticise anyone
Just back in Seville central having been to thr match. We were totally outsang from the start. Never witnessed us so quiet abroad. The Germans fulled there end an hour before kick off and it set the tone.

Probably a diffferent make up from the usual away support in Europe. Ticketing priorities need a rethink.
With a European final you are always going to get people in there who have enough money to buy a ticket fir a once in a lifetime experience for them.
It’s impossible to stop but it also meant that that we did not have that electric atmosphere we needed.
To be fair to the players, they were a lot stronger than the Germans at the end and we almost nicked it at the death.
It is a sore one tonight but when we will remember with fondness and pride when the pain recedes.

Don’t think I heard us the whole game. Apart from after we scored. embarrassing considering we had the majority of the crowd

Calling our fans an absolute disgrace is out of order.

fvck sake, people need to catch a grip.

one just said 1500 quid glory hunters cost us the game!

Total nonsense.
Nice of you to edit my post down to the one line, despite me giving a possible cause.

Folk are commenting on a dreadful atmosphere.
25,000 in there for a euro final. I'm actually astonished at how poor it was.

That's not abuse, It's an undeniable fact that is impossible to argue against.

I found it bizarre that we couldn’t hear our fans hardly during the game.
The Germans with a third of the support seemed to out sing out supporters virtually the whole game.
German fans sing more In synch. We are all over the place in terms of timing. We create a great raucous atmosphere at times but singing at the same time is louder.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
Worst I can remember. Those at Manchester said the same. Too many peoples first game and it shows. Bad night all round.

Can criticise the atmosphere but to say things like the wrong people got tickets is a bit out of order , most of the people I know who were at the game are die hard Rangers fans who go everywhere to watch Rangers and have done for decades and we’re all absolutely gutted not to win tonight. Just because there’s some people who got tickets in a ballot or can afford a couple grand to pay a tour doesn’t mean every Rangers fan there was a part timer. Heat, fatigue and dehydration a factor aswell. No chance of a drink of water or anything at the game unless you were prepared to que forever and miss some of the game I was done in by half time had to sit down for a lot of the game.
The Germans managed it most of the game.

Was a strange one. Rangers fans in the City been generating an absolutely phenomenal atmosphere for days but was flat in the ground. As people have mentioned I think the heat and the rest of the days’ festivities contributed but more than anything I think the fans could see quite quickly that the system and shape was all wrong and it caused an anxiety amongst the support.

Nice of you to edit my post down to the one line, despite me giving a possible cause.

Folk are commenting on a dreadful atmosphere.
25,000 in there for a euro final. I'm actually astonished at how poor it was.

That's not abuse, It's an undeniable fact that is impossible to argue against.

It was pointed out after Manchester but as normal no one took a blind bit of notice.

It'll happen again and again and again unitll someone with brains inside Ibrox starts to listen to real fans.

I tried over 20 years ago but without naming names a former legend hadnt a clue what I was talking about.

Most of our fans there have spent more following us than most posting on this thread have in 5 years

If it means that much to you spend more than them and commit to the level they do

You've just described part of the problem, being able to spend the most doesn't make you a better or more passionate supporter, it just means you have more money.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
Burst, partying

Back