Sakala must be raging

If I was him I’d be raging. Ramsey has done nothing in his spell with us to deserve being brought on for that role in such an important occasion. Sakala may not have the best of games at times but he tries every game and he’s constantly available to play. He also does take penalties for his country as well I believe. It was a poor gamble from Gio that didn’t work out.

It's remarkable we got to a European final with likes of Sakala featuring a lot as he is really is a pretty awful football player.

Couldn't hold the ball up, first touch is a joke and no composure.

Always thought it bit odd we got to Manchester with Darcheville playing as main striker mostly who was pretty poor but he was miles better than Sakala.

He had no complaints being subbed off yesterday, his cameo was very poor.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing when it comes to penalty kicks. I felt confident having converted our first 3 with Ramsey and Roofe on the last penalties

The top players in the world miss big penalties under pressure. A few of EF’s penalties were a fraction from being saved or hitting the post, it is fine margins

My biggest regret is we did not Get Roofe on earlier and have a go at them.

Brought on to try and win the game and brought off for an unfit JUVENTUS player how must he be feeling feel so sorry for him
He was useless when he was on the field anyway.
One of the first players I want shown the door, if he is what we have to rely on from wide or up front we are in real trouble. All the pace in the world, no brain power to use it well, his work rate is actually pretty poor as well.

He was useless when he was on the field anyway.
One of the first players I want shown the door, if he is what we have to rely on from wide or up front we are in real trouble. All the pace in the world, no brain power to use it well, his work rate is actually pretty poor as well.
Funny I don't remember you saying that when he banged in the equaliser at parkhead

He has every right to be raging. He takes pens, so it made no sense to take him off and leave Kent on who could hardly walk.

Every sub apart from Davis were wrong, the Sands sub was shocking and a signal we were not even trying to win the game in the 90 mins.
Sands came on in extra time ….

Penalty taker or not, we've all watched Sakala this season. His finishing is erratic and that's being kind.

The idea that him being a nailed on scorer in the shoot out is ludicrous.
He couldn’t even make a 5 yard pass never mind slot home a penalty
Watched the ball go under his feet when it was passed to him in the box
Roofe should’ve been on instead of him

Would rather have had Fashion hit that No 4 pen than Ramsey. Ramsey walked up and just didnt look confident, I turned round at the Cartuja beamback, boys moaning at me to turn around but I knew he was missing it. Fashions steps up you just know he's smashing it.

Thats just bollocks, you didn't watch the only penalty we missed :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we had too many players who were poor. jack has been poor for the last few months. Barisic returned to three steps forward and pass it back to Goldson Bassey or McGregor. Tav passed it more to Frankfurt players than Rangers players. Goldson was forced to play 40 yard passes into the crowd. Kent flatters to deceive. The one stand-out was Bassey. We really will be lucky to hold onto him

I’ve said it all season long. 1 goal doesn’t erase a season of mediocrity.
My stance has been and is, he’s not a footballer. He’d be a great sprinter, but he doesn’t have a footballing brain, McCoist will tell you the exact same thing

It's legit incredible how people think a goal against them alone offers players a complete pass for so many other turgid performances.

Kontermansyndrome TBH, I can't get my head around how bad Sakala has been in Europe in particular this season, it is like giving the other team an extra man

He seemingly takes Zambia's. He might get over getting the hook but I bet he won't forget. Don't know if Gio is a good man manager. He might need to be.

If it impacts the way he goes about his work in the summer (which I wouldn't expect it to) then he can go. We should hopefully be making signings that knocks him down the pecking order anyway.

Back