West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

25 million is money from 10 years ago. Our fans keep low balling.

If he were to go so soon, start TALKING, at 40 and let them fight each other up the way (no limits)

Don’t believe the story though.

Surely tae fûck £25m is buttons for a 22 year old who was best onfield player in the EL final and voted in team of the tournament?

He's a fûcking monster and could do well in any league in Europe.

To one of the big leagues £25m is a steal.

The good thing is he performed in one of the highest profile games in world football so there could be a bidding war if WIlson plays it right.

So we are losing Goldson Bassey and Balogun. That leaves us with the inexperienced King and the always injured Helander and Souttar?

That will be fun come the qualifiers.

It is mate, i love the big man but if a club come in with £20m we don’t knock it back, it would fund our transfer activity and allow the board to bank Patterson money, the Gerrard money, the europa money and so on
Has to be the way now, Money over sentiment

Patterson went for somewhere in the £12m-£16m range while very unproven and still our backup.

In one season Bassey went from a back up LB to arguably our most consistently solid defender and played his heart out in a european final at only 22 years old.

Shocked at the amount of people saying £20m-£25m is acceptable, he's not a huge gamble. We should be starting at £40m with a view of taking a deal worth around £30m-£35m.

Its fun to speculate but really if people are serious about thinking £20m+ bids then they are in for a serious shock.

Whether it be West Ham, Fulham or whoever comes in, the fee will be a huge profit on what we paid but well south of those numbers.

Im not saying hes not worth that on an open market but the reality is players based in Scotland are cheaper to buy than if the exact same player was playing just as well in say England or Germany.

Its just the reality of it.

Factor in any potential buyer will know Rangers are going to be willing to sell and they are not likely to start chucking huge amounts of money at us. Id imagine there will be a low, unacceptable opener to get the ball rolling and itll be negotiated upwards to what Rangers feel is acceptable.

Its not going to get close to £20m+

We will easily get £20m for him. Easily.

I think we’ve got some good mileage out this current Rangers side. A lot of fans don’t seem prepared to admit we are now at the end of the cycle and tomorrow is it for a lot out our side and we won’t be seeing them play for us again
Players who are outstanding in a major European final are worth at least 30mil
To a potential buyer.

I usually hate to get carried away but Bassey has a lot of factors that will mean this could be our record sale.

Will count as a English squad member
22 years of age
Left footed
Can play cb or lb
2 years left on his deal.

I would hope were looking at minimum 15m up front, another 5-7.5m in add ons and a healthy sell on.

The boy is gonna be a star.

Its fun to speculate but really if people are serious about thinking £20m+ bids then they are in for a serious shock.

Whether it be West Ham, Fulham or whoever comes in, the fee will be a huge profit on what we paid but well south of those numbers.

Im not saying hes not worth that on an open market but the reality is players based in Scotland are cheaper to buy than if the exact same player was playing just as well in say England or Germany.

Factor in any potential buyer will know Rangers are going to be willing to sell and they are not likely to start chucking huge amounts of money at us. Id imagine there will be a low, unacceptable opener to get the ball rolling and itll be negotiated upwards to what Rangers feel is acceptable.

The reality of it is the last player we sold, went for 16 million, a player with far less on the table in terms of what he offers as a player than Bassey TBH.

The notion we won't sell Bassey for close to 20 million is just a bit daft TBH

Last edited:
So we are losing Goldson Bassey and Balogun. That leaves us with the inexperienced King and the always injured Helander and Souttar?

That will be fun come the qualifiers.

I wouldn’t assume Balogun is going. Didn’t he say last week he’d gladly stay if made an offer to ?

Whatever fee we want, West Ham will be able to afford it if they really want him.

So we might as well ask for £30M and see if they bite.

Hate to lose him, but selling him and one from Aribo or Kamara could fund 5 or 6 first team calibre signings for us.

I don't think £30m is unrealistic at all. He's got all the attributes and just played his best game in a European final. An EPL team could sign him for £30m and find he's worth twice that after 6 months of solid football in that league.

Getting their interest in early, don't blame them.
More will follow.
Real big boy move coming for the lad and as much as I'd be disappointed to see him go, it would be huge money for us going forward.

He’s worth what somebody is willing to pay for him , a bidding war between WH , Villa , Leicester would be the ideal scenario for us if we want to cash in on him

Fairly confident Bassey will be one of our lowest paid first team members.

The figures which will be getting branded about in terms of wages will be too tempting to him I reckon.

If we are saying he's a 20m player he needs to be paid like a 20m player.

We got 16m for our back up right back who wasn't long out the academy and hardly played a game, they got 25m for biscuit hips, so I don't see why we won't get close to 20m for a left footed player who can play CB and lwb and counts as English who is only 22 and has plenty more development to come and is already a brilliant player, just because it's Scotland we shouldn't be getting shafted we have just made a European final playing in the Scottish League so we need to stop accepting shite offers. Ask yourself this if he was at the tims would they be accepting any less than 25 - 30m for him, not a chance.

Last edited:
The lad is an absolute machine and a superb athlete. He can play in multiple positions and is only 22. He has everything required to play at the very top. We’re not in a position where we have to sell so we should be holding out for huge money. There’s a bit of a limit to what teams will pay for a player plying his trade in Scotland, but £20m+ should be easily attainable given he has just put in a phenomenal performance in. European final and made the team of the season.

Harry Maguire £80m, I rest my case m,Lord
Bassey is getting better and better. If EPL to EPL for English players can go for these amounts then a EL finalist standout at 22yrs old with all the future potential on a par of an England International has to be worth silly money.

Last edited:
Bassey is getting better and better. If EPL to EPL for English players can go for these amounts then a EL finalist standout at 22yrs old with all the future potential of an England International has to be worth silly money.
Absolutely mate, the boy has been immense all season, from playing left back to centre half and the quality of opposition too.

This lad is going to the top and will be a future internationalist.

I said this a few weeks back.
Westham haven't offered Cresswell a new deal and Bassey is the ideal replacement.
He is young, has international and European experience and hasn't looked out of place.
He is every bit a £25 million player.

Ask yourself this if he was at the tims would they be accepting any less than 25 - 30m for him, not a chance.
Youve hit the nail on the head because like it or not they have repeatedly sold players for considerable profits and strong dealing begets strong deals in the market place, as selling low begets low sales.

Rangers, until the NP sale, have been really poor when it comes to making sales and everyone buying players from us knows it. They know they dont have to overpay to get us so sell. They also know we wasted a fortune on bad deals and pay offs over many years. If we make more deals like NP, then we may start seeing players like Bassey go for the money hes worth but I think we're a bit away from that yet.

Bassey himself is likely a step forward in that direction if we get it right.

We should be looking at a ridiculous price.

Left sided premium.
English Premium.
Absolute tank Premium.
Youth premium is huge too. I think it's a great time to sell. He's just got man of the match in a European final. I know it's all very business-like but if the interest is real and we are talking big money, that's the way it is. Buy low sell high.

Given his mum still lives in Beckton (as I recall from the YouTube video that did the rounds on his upbringing), that would probably be more attractive to him. The report of Fulham preparing a £4m bid though has me thinking that the Patterson deal has not had the effect it should have had - as in, don't even ask if you are going to offer something silly.
If they even attempted an offer like that club and fans should destroy them on social media . What a fucking tinpot wee club , hope they go right back down .

25 million is money from 10 years ago. Our fans keep low balling.

If he were to go so soon, start TALKING, at 40 and let them fight each other up the way (no limits)

Don’t believe the story though.
Covid however has tightend the purse strings though

Reactions: DJT

Surely if we can sell a reserve RB for upwards of £12m then Bassey would get bids of over £20m?

I can't believe after playing his socks off and being named in the EL team of the tournament we face losing him for buttons.

Amount of folk going on about why he should be worth this that and the other who dont know he is already an internationalist astound me

Wow. Just googled his name to see what the general online chat about him is abd hadn't realised quite how much attention the lads final performance is getting. Bbc, talksport pundits, ex players...all sorts are absolutely raving about him and his profile is through the roof.

I absolutely love the lad and would gladly keep him of we can tie him down on a longer contract. But I think we might have to reluctantly cash in while the iron is hot, but 20 mil has to be the very least we look for. Lad has absolutely every single quality you could possibly want in a modern day defender and the sky is the limit for him.

Nonsense

There isnt a ceiling in Scotland anymore. Patterson proves that

Youve hit the nail on the head because like it or not they have repeatedly sold players for considerable profits and strong dealing begets strong deals in the market place, as selling low begets low sales.

Rangers, until the NP sale, have been really poor when it comes to making sales and everyone buying players from us knows it. They know they dont have to overpay to get us so sell. They also know we wasted a fortune on bad deals and pay offs over many years. If we make more deals like NP, then we may start seeing players like Bassey go for the money hes worth but I think we're a bit away from that yet.

Bassey himself is likely a step forward in that direction if we get it right.

Aye West Ham will start their negations with "now we know you had to pay Grezda off".

Back