West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

From Hammer News; reportedly want to sign Hoffenheim left-back David Raum in the summer transfer window. That's according to a report from Germany.

From Hammer News; reportedly want to sign Hoffenheim left-back David Raum in the summer transfer window. That's according to a report from Germany.
Would be an unreal signing for West Ham, but no chance. He’ll be going somewhere better.

Would be an unreal signing for West Ham, but no chance. He’ll be going somewhere better.
West Ham are going to finish 6th or 7th, Where are you reckoning he’s headed? Not sure I see the likes of Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea coming for him at this stage of his career. Albeit it looks like the latter will need a replacement for Rudiger.

West Ham are going to finish 6th or 7th, Where are you reckoning he’s headed? Not sure I see the likes of Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea coming for him at this stage of his career. Albeit it looks like the latter will need a replacement for Rudiger.

He wouldn't look out of place at Old Trafford. He's genuinely better than some, if not all of their current defenders (with exception of Varane)

He wouldn't look out of place at Old Trafford. He's genuinely better than some, if not all of their current defenders (with exception of Varane)
Clearly a ‘bigger’ club than WHU but, right now, there’s still a chance the Hammers finish above them.

Really would rather he sighed an extension, but I honestly don’t think £30mil is out of the question.

KT was £25m
Patterson was £16m

Bassey has now done a lot more than Patterson had when he went to Everton. He has also proved he can play a couple of positions. No doubt in my mind that if Patterson goes for £16m then Bassey should be well north of that.

KT had played more for them when he went to Arsenal than Bassey has for us. He played Champions League as well. So there is an argument to say that he had possibly done more than Bassey has with us at this point in time. However Bassey has played in a European final and we are many years on since that £25m transfer. For those reasons alone I think surpassing £25m and reaching £30m is not out of the question. The other factor is that the income Rangers have generated on this Europa League run, plus the SG and NP money, surely means we are in a much stronger place to negotiate and hold out for a high fee than we have been for a long time.

When you factor in age, his level of performance and his qualification for "home-grown" status. He is our most valuable asset for me. Easily worth £30M, if hes being sold to a Premier League team.

Hes the last person id want to sell as well now. If he makes a similar jump next season, to that one he made this season, he could be an extraordinary player.

When you factor in age, his level of performance and his qualification for "home-grown" status. He is our most valuable asset for me. Easily worth £30M, if hes being sold to a Premier League team.

Hes the last person id want to sell as well now. If he makes a similar jump next season, to that one he made this season, he could be an extraordinary player.

Especially given that we are also likely to lose Goldson, Balogun and Barisic. We do need some defenders to remain.

But every player has his price. I'd not even be contemplating less than Scottish record transfer money. £25,000,001 all paid up front. With a 10% sell on clause.

Adam Webster - £20m (Bristol City)
Ben Gibson - £15m (Middlesbrough)
Matty Cash - £14m (Nottingham Forest)

So we should be looking for at least Adam Webster plus a bit more and I consider myself pretty reserved in my judgement.

Groan....well if we have to let him go already...megabucks or we aren't talking. It is inevitable when one of ours stands out on the Euro stage and its our position in the pecking order...still hate it though when we lose our precious players to the ££££££ sodden EPL.

Will be really disappointed if he goes, going to be a real quality footballer. I just can’t see us getting what others think but I hope I’m wrong.
I can only hope we get another season or so before he moves on.

Bassey is developing so quickly at the moment that it’s impossible to say with certainty how far he’ll go. However, I reckon he’s going to the very top of the game. I would want at least £25m plus a sell on clause for him.

Last edited:
his development under Gio has been immense .

But as others have said - this has to be our model to make us sustainable .

Getting a leicester under 23 player and turning them into a europa league finalist is some feat .

Minimum fee has to be what Celtic will earn in the Champs League £33 million approx

Tierney likely to be going for £50 million in summer
Hickey going to Arsenal for £25 million after 1 season in Serie A

Bassey destroyed Dortmund (Champ League team) defence at Ibrox, settting up the equaliser for Tav
Bullied Leipzig (Champ league team) also

£35 million easily achievable
But not until after the 2 Champ league qualifiers

I'd be devastated to lose the big guy but this is our model.

He's an absolute machine. He'll go onto bigger and better than West Ham if he leaves.

Is there any truth or credible source on this rumour ?
Just asking as someone not on Twitter etc. And get my Rangers into mostly on here .

Fair enough mate ,I was a bit hasty with the reply
Tbh if Bassey goes I think we will get a good fee and decent addons, I might be a tad bias here but for me Bassey has that something special about him. Some player you can see are or will go on to be great players, but not all of them have that special it factor.

Really love him to stay but if an offer of £25m+ was to come in for him it would be hard for us to turn down,It’s all speculation so we can put it on the back burner and concentrate on the game tomorrow.

I don’t see any tweet from that account itself apart from some other account saying mentioning it. Could be nonsense

They may well but if there was a choice between West Ham and Man Utd, we'll it shouldn't really be a choice tbh.

Money wise maybe, I'd take west ham and their real, non tourist, fans any day.
There's a few clubs in this world that, for me, have, with the help of UEFA I might add, totally ruined football, Man U being one!
When will FFP be enforced?

I don’t see any tweet from that account itself apart from some other account saying mentioning it. Could be nonsense
It was never on the WHU guys Twitter, it was on a Patreon thing he collaborated on with the numbskull from The Fourth Official.

See post #22.

Back