Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

Wasn't there rumours Tav's brother was coming to us earlier in season? Think it was Boro based account on here saying it.

I may be wide of the mark though it rings a bell.

What a depressing list that is.
I'll give the poster the benefit of the doubt and suggest that's the targets of we're rebuilding from on a bigger scale than normal and need squad depth as well as new stars.

A couple did leave me underwhelmed though.

If Burnley are relegated, and given the rumours of their financial issues, I wonder if we might go for Wout Weghorst. Dutch international.
Burnley signed him for 12 million, we are not spending more than 8-10 on any player.

This, if we make big sales os the chance to finally start us on the road to sustainability. We must be taking advantage of Vos's knowledge of the Dutch youth (24 and under) and what he had at Ajax, there will be plenty who would love the jump to us now knowing we could be there way to the premiership and the riches it showers on players.

Burnley signed him for 12 million, we are not spending more than 8-10 on any player.

This, if we make big sales os the chance to finally start us on the road to sustainability. We must be taking advantage of Vos's knowledge of the Dutch youth (24 and under) and what he had at Ajax, there will be plenty who would love the jump to us now knowing we could be there way to the premiership and the riches it showers on players.
Why wouldnt we spend more than that?

Different types of player Twine is a no 10 Afolayan is a winger signing someone like Twine may end up hampering the development of Lowry imo
21 starts as attacking mid, 17 as a winger.

Best of both worlds. He'd be my pick, 'cause if Kent stays the Bolton boy is going to be back up to him.

Always liked clips of the American League ,young fit Athletic players like Scandinavia.A market we should do business in .I know verdict on Sands is mixed.A few posters may know names across the pond.
David ayala is a baller from portland timbers.

We were linked to Dapo Afolayan, by Alan Nixon

For this level he looks really really talented. Speedy, quick feet, can beat men, drives towards goals and nice quality finishes.

I’d love us to kick the window off with him signing.

Ive never seen anyone score from outside the box more.

Exactly whats needed when the bus is parked.

14 goals in the Championship is a good return. Seems like a good option

Me two especially his low transfer fee
Add the midfield player from red star Belgrade ? we were interested last summer
and top class center half
Any players we have played against in Europe league that would make us better that we could get ?
Braga goalkeeper ?
Id take the braga keeper and the red star one.

What a mental question that is!!
Why is it?

We spent £7m on Kent and its only a few million more?

Teams who have the player trading model we aim for trade up and continually buy more expensive players and trading them for higher values.

But yeah its a mental question apparently........

Matteo Cassierra who we were linked with in January got a hat trick for Sochi the other day decent season for him in Russia

Why is it?

We spent £7m on Kent and its only a few million more?

Teams who have the player trading model we aim for trade up and continually buy more expensive players and trading them for higher values.

But yeah its a mental question apparently........

How much did we spend in the last two windows, when winning the league would have guaranteed Champions League football? Our signings were Bosmans and a loanee, with the exception of Bacuna - who we sold the next window. This board have given zero indication they'd match the fee used for Kent, never mind spend even more on one player. I hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting more of the same this summer.

How much did we spend in the last two windows, when winning the league would have guaranteed Champions League football? Our signings were Bosmans and a loanee, with the exception of Bacuna - who we sold the next window. This board have given zero indication they'd match the fee used for Kent, never mind spend even more on one player. I hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting more of the same this summer.
Did we earn as much those season as we have this season from prize money, player trading and compensation for management team??

Did we earn as much those season as we have this season from prize money, player trading and compensation for management team??

We received compensation for Gerrard and sold Patterson in January and the only investment in the team was a backup right back. The reinforcements were a development winger on loan from Man United, and an injury prone Ramsey. The board hoped the big name of Ramsey would pull the wool over our eyes. Anyone expecting this same board to start shelling out record fees this summer is living ij a fantasy land.

Must be time for a Dutch contingent of 2 or 3 reasonably priced good players/prospects or even loans coming in next season. Surely our Dutch management team have had their eyes and ears set on a few possibles already. I haven't a clue whom though! Not exactly expecting De Boer, Numan, GvB, Ricksen (RIP) standard this time around sadly.
Can we bring the De Boers back B-)

Back