The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Bassey situation will test the club , it was massive exposure Europa final , then less so Scottish cup , but 2 MOTM performances . Over 40 games 15 Europa his age ,durability , and all his attributes , even his work ethic personal training sessions before training . He has the lot .

Get the ones we want to keep with contract extensions.Anyone not wanting to renew, sell ASAP.

Try and do our business as quickly as possible and don't buy/loan any crocks.Make space in the squad for our 3 youngsters who have been around the first team.

Simples:))

Fantasy booking here but the squad needs a good freshen up so my moves would be -

Sell Borna and sign a new left back

Move on Davis and/or Kamara and sign a new centre mid

Sell Aribo and sign a new right sided forward

Sell Itten and/or Roofe and sign an alternative to the Buffalo

Probably need a new centre half too if Goldson does move on.

Time to take the profits on a few of our assets.

Think Bassey situation will test the club , it was massive exposure Europa final , then less so Scottish cup , but 2 MOTM performances . Over 40 games 15 Europa his age ,durability , and all his attributes , even his work ethic personal training sessions before training . He has the lot .
I had an English Fulham supporter in the car on Saturday night,he was convinced that Fulham had offered 9m for Bassey and Rangers were considering it,I said if they added a zero then we'd talk...guy was up for the game and absolutely loved the Rangers and found his way to Larkhall, him and his mate had a great day.. but 9m ?? Don't think we'd Entertain bids as low as that..hope he stays for years to come.

I had an English Fulham supporter in the car on Saturday night,he was convinced that Fulham had offered 9m for Bassey and Rangers were considering it,I said if they added a zero then we'd talk...guy was up for the game and absolutely loved the Rangers and found his way to Larkhall, him and his mate had a great day.. but 9m ?? Don't think we'd Entertain bids as low as that..hope he stays for years to come.

£9m is not even 50% of what we will get!!

If there is no buy-out in his contract, he will be our biggest ever sale by some distance!!

Grim read that about how many players on low contracts. For me my idea window would be

1)CB
2)RW
3)CAM
4)GK
5)LB

If we go into the season with Borna and Mcglaughlin as starters I am still happy. Other 3 positions should be an absolute priority.

Was widely reported last week on one of those nonsense clickbait sites.

It said they initially offered 3.5. :)

Grim read that about how many players on low contracts. For me my idea window would be

1)CB
2)RW
3)CAM
4)GK
5)LB

If we go into the season with Borna and Mcglaughlin as starters I am still happy. Other 3 positions should be an absolute priority.
In reality if those with contracts ending in 2023 dont extend within the next month they need sold this window.

FFS if true he will be gone in a flash. Just hope if true we are talking top of the Bundesliga/Premiership prices as he is more than capable of competing for left back in almost all major European teams. Top drawer left back and one we will struggle to keep. We've not even seen the best of him yet, I'm sure of it.
We've just witnessed a player of great quality become self aware right in front of our eyes over the last 12 months.

He now knows he has the measure of his opponent, no matter their reputation. How many of our players walking onto that park on Wednesday night in Seville can you say you had complete and utter faith in. That's how much I rate 22 year old Calvin Bassey.

We are privileged to have had him wear our colours and I completely agree , this guy is going right to the top of the game.

Fantasy booking here but the squad needs a good freshen up so my moves would be -

Sell Borna and sign a new left back

Move on Davis and/or Kamara and sign a new centre mid

Sell Aribo and sign a new right sided forward

Sell Itten and/or Roofe and sign an alternative to the Buffalo

Probably need a new centre half too if Goldson does move on.

Time to take the profits on a few of our assets.
Two midfielder s like red star Belgrade player we were interested in last summer and Gustav hamar of Coventry excuse spelling ?

The report I read at the weekend had Fulham offering £3m ha ha ha ha.

Bassey, if he goes, will not move on for anything less than £15m. Potentially considerably more.

The report I read at the weekend had Fulham offering £3m ha ha ha ha.

Bassey, if he goes, will not move on for anything less than £15m. Potentially considerably more.
£3m quid wouldn’t get you his signed shirt from the weekend.

The amount of shite written already and it’s not even June yet :D

He has 12 goals and 7 assists in 2,182 minutes this season - basically a goal every two games, or a goal/assist every 114 minutes. It's pretty good.

His and Kent stats are why I don't always look at stats alone TBH

12 goals, 3 in one game, a couple against Anna and Stirling - had absolutely no impact in Europe, at all.

He has in reality only scored about a handful of f*ck that actually matters massively to us goals this season and rarely dragged us out the sh*t.

I just hope we get business done early for players coming in and out and not left needing players right on the deadline. CL qualifying isn't that far away so get it done Rangers.

I think Kent will be moved on this summer as he'll be into the final 12 months of his contract.

Kamara and Aribo will have interest but I can't see us selling both in the same window. Aribo seems more likely with Kamara on the longer term contract. Aribo also going into his final two years, so would need to be moved on this summer to maximise the fee.

Helander and Roofe likely to be moved on due to fitness issues, if we can get suitable fees. I have no doubt over the ability of either but their availability is poor.

Itten, Katic and Simpson to be moved on.

I reckon Morelos will extend. He seems settled and if we can qualify for the CL, I'd be even more confident of him extending.

Goldson away. Balogun probably away. Balogun seems happy to stay but I read on here (take from that what you will) that he wants a two year extension whereas we are only offering one? Not sure if anyone else read this or not.

McGregor looks like he has retired unless he makes an Undertaker-esque comeback after retirement. McCrorie maybe bumped up to number 2 but I think another GK being signed as number 1 or to compete with McLaughlin seems more realistic. I'd be content going into next season with him as number 1.

I think Davis will move on or retire. I think he's worth another year, especially with the size of the rebuild required this summer but I don't think he'll be happy not playing regularly at this stage of his career.

Ofoborh rumoured to be available for pre-season but is pretty much an unknown quantity at the minute. A loan seems like a good idea if so.

Ideally we need two players for each position which leaves us something like this.

McLaughlin + 1

Tav + Zukowski/Devine
Souttar + King
Bassey + 1
Barisic + 1

Jack + 1
Lundstram + Sands
1 + Arfield

Hagi + Lowry
Wright + Sakala
Morelos + 1

1 x GK
1 x CB
1 x LB
2 x CM
1 x RW/LW
1 x CF

I think an extra winger/wide forward with pace should be brought in as well, ideally a left footer as Wright and Sakala are both predominantly right footed.

I'm also undecided on whether I'd want Barisic to stay or to be moved on. He was poor around the turn of the year but his form picked up after that Parkhead horror show. He's very much a confidence player and when he's confident, he's tremendous. Obviously Bassey can play LB as well and is the first pick in that position for me just now, so if Barisic is moved on, I think another CB on top of what I've listed above is needed.

We have a big rebuild in the summer in terms of bringing players in, but also a huge summer in terms of outgoings. Questions have been asked of Ross Wilson regarding his ability to generate funds by way of player sales. I was disappointed that we never strengthened in January, particularly with the Gerrard and Patterson (some business by Wilson tbf) money. I'm hopeful that we've kept that aside for the summer as January is notoriously poor for recruitment and fees are inflated.

Thank %^*& that Skov Olsen and Veerman have recently joined new clubs so we don't need to read about them! Now we only need to see Ferguson do the same so we can finally stop seeing his name in here!

Looking forward to seeing this thread fill up in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
His and Kent stats are why I don't always look at stats alone TBH

12 goals, 3 in one game, a couple against Anna and Stirling - had absolutely no impact in Europe, at all.

He has in reality only scored about a handful of f*ck that actually matters massively to us goals this season and rarely dragged us out the sh*t.
With all due respect, those goals still need to be scored. He's pretty much the perfect impact player - low cost, doesn't demand opportunities, a pretty good finisher and has pace that can beat nearly any defender in Europe.

He's a very limited player, but what he does well makes him valuable to us, because pace and finishing are things we don't have a lot of in this side.

He has 12 goals and 7 assists in 2,182 minutes this season - basically a goal every two games, or a goal/assist every 114 minutes. It's pretty good.

It's good but he's generally coming on against tired legs when games are done.
Don't dislike him, decent option off the bench but not a starter for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back