The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to him Watford wanted him in the summer and the sheep wanted stupid money for him.

Said many times I don't get the fuss round Ferguson the squad as it stands he doesn't even make the bench and whilst we will have a turnover of players I would rather we gave opportunities to McCann and Cole Mackinnon instead. We need to start bringing through our own players and this current crop we have look good enough to make the breakthrough.
I wasn’t convinced them I seen info on his underlying stats and he’s in the top range for our league and that’s whilst playing in the worst team in the league.

Waste of money enough better options within our youth players Lowry & McCann. I cant see him in front of any of our current midfielders. Other positions need covered before midfield. Again only the Rangers connections making a case for signing him.
Lowry is a different type of midfielder and would play in a different position to Ferguson.

McCann looks promising, but we've seen limited glimpses of him in dead rubber fixtures. Very brave to go into this season expecting Charlie McCann to be playing 15-20 games next season.

Good shot stopper

Quite a lot of spilling the ball to opponents attacker in there, but I'm probably being picky. Certainly lots of potential. Not a lot not to like.
First rule of keeper school, don't parry ball back in front of goal. Apart from that, looks pretty solid and quick.

I wouldn't be dead against Lewis Ferguson tbh.
If the club feel we could make him a better player, then fine. Jacko never set the heather on fire at the Sheep Pen. Albeit he was captain. He's moved on levels from his mutton days to now, where, when fit he's a first name on the team sheet, both for Gerrard and GVB.

On loan I wouldn't we have 2 very good youngsters in mccann and lowry . Why sign another young player to develop for another club. If it was permenant I would 100% sign him
Lowry isn't even in the topic of conversation, he's a totally different player. Gilmour doesn't halt his development whatsoever.

Its like saying you'd play Jack over Aribo in attacking sense.

McCann isn't close to Gilmour's level either. We need players who improve us & win us the league. There will be plenty time for him to get a game but Gilmour improves the first 11.

none of us have enough evidence to judge McLaughlin. Commanding? He collects every ball that comes into his box in Scotland. You can have quiet leadership qualities. Shagger shouted at everyone but his back 4 are constantly shutting their pants that he doesn’t come for every ball, creating panic. Leadership is giving assurance to the back 4 that you have the box completely under control, which McLaughlin has shown. The only area of his game that hasn’t been tested fully is his shot stopping.
McLaughlin was a very good shot stopper at hearts. That is what won him his move south and his international call up.

Needing that explained is even worse……
Go on then…

What I’ve said for out is:

Goalkeeper who’s due to retire.
Centre Back who’s headed down south
Centre Back who isn’t good enough
Centre Back who is injury prone
Centre Back who isn’t good enough
Left Back who’s given us his best and can be improved upon now
CAM who has a year left and we should cash in on if he’s wanting to head down south
CM who’s a club legend but now 37
RW/ST who isn’t good enough
ST who isn’t good enough

Then asked for replacements to come in.

Wild right enough!

Lowry is a different type of midfielder and would play in a different position to Ferguson.

McCann looks promising, but we've seen limited glimpses of him in dead rubber fixtures. Very brave to go into this season expecting Charlie McCann to be playing 15-20 games next season.
More foolish than brave I'd say.

We’re being linked with 16 year old Zak Lovelace from Millwall. No idea who he is or if he’s decent, but worth signing for the name alone.
RANGERS are weighing up a move for Millwall starlet Zak Lovelace, reports suggest.

The 16-year-old striker has been offered a professional contract by the London club but it's claimed Millwall are fearing he will opt to move cross-border but little under £200,000 in compensation.
Lovelace, the second youngest player to ever play for Millwall, made five Championship appearances for the Lions this term and English teams have reportedly been quoted £1m if they want to acquire his services.

But Scottish clubs can swerve that fee due to the cross-border rules.

According to the Scottish Daily Express, Rangers are ready to ramp up their interest in the teenage striker.

Millwall boss Gary Rowett said last month he was worried there was a growing "inevitability" about losing the hot prospect.

He said: "The club have made it clear that we would love Zak to be part of what we do next year and on a full-time basis. That’s our aim.

"There is an inevitability, unfortunately, that some of your better young players get poached by other clubs. To a certain degree those fees are a little bit out of your hands.

"Zak is one of those, a lad who has had a bit of interest. He’ll be getting different advice and all we can do is show how much we want him here and then see what happens.

The Lovelace lad aside, I’d be surprised if we are actually after any of the names mentioned in here so far. I’m hoping the management team are using there contacts and knowledge of the Dutch league to pick out a few top talents that have realistic price tags

Cole McKinnon might be that Lewis Ferguson type that everyone wants.

When you see Gundogan offer so much at City with those goalscoring runs from deep, it's understandable for folk to want us to have that & Ferguson is probably the one player that we know (& could possibly afford) who can make they runs.

Also, I'm not saying they are even in the same planet with regards to ability before anyone starts.

To be fair to him Watford wanted him in the summer and the sheep wanted stupid money for him.

Said many times I don't get the fuss round Ferguson the squad as it stands he doesn't even make the bench and whilst we will have a turnover of players I would rather we gave opportunities to McCann and Cole Mackinnon instead. We need to start bringing through our own players and this current crop we have look good enough to make the breakthrough.
The fuss around Ferguson is only because the family name.

If they permanently buy the 3 of Maeda, Jota and Carter Vickers they'll have spent £18M roughly and have the exact same squad as last year Benfica have put a 30% sell on in the Jota deal aswell
If they spend that then it will mean they have spent over £40m on that squad.
Let that sink in :eek:.
That amount of money to get your arse felt 3 times in Europe.

Anyone heard we are In for Japhet Matondo, 17 year old winger from Cardiff. 130k

No further info came from a wigan fan

I wasn’t convinced them I seen info on his underlying stats and he’s in the top range for our league and that’s whilst playing in the worst team in the league.

Did that include how many times he rolls or falls over when someone breathes on him? :D

I don't see what he brings or the difference he would make to the midfield in all honesty. I know people will say goals but 7 of his 11 league goals have been from penalties which we all know is Tav's role in the team. I just see him as a plodder who likes to put himself about I know there's a fascination with some about having dig in the midfield though.

Midfield at the moment we are only losing Davis and Ramsey it's not a priority for now compared to other areas of the team.

Katic has been told he will be given a chance. McGregor has a new contract if he decides he wants it. We may need to pay off Simpson and no one will take a risk on Hellander. I think Sakala will be given a chance and I wouldn’t be shocked if Itten was given till Christmas too. If we let Kamara and Aribo go I don’t think there is any chance we are selling Barisic, especially if Davis also leaves. I think Gio will want at least 8 or 9 of the first team squad this year to be starters next.
Keeping Katic, Itten & McGregor will harm us making quality signing.

Itten staying means we won't bring another CF in unless Morelos goes.

I doubt we will bring in a quality keeper if McGregor stays.

We need to get rid of squad fillets if we want proper signings. Wages on those 3 are a waste imo

Katic has been told he will be given a chance. McGregor has a new contract if he decides he wants it. We may need to pay off Simpson and no one will take a risk on Hellander. I think Sakala will be given a chance and I wouldn’t be shocked if Itten was given till Christmas too. If we let Kamara and Aribo go I don’t think there is any chance we are selling Barisic, especially if Davis also leaves. I think Gio will want at least 8 or 9 of the first team squad this year to be starters next.
Katic has not been told he'll be given a chance.

I dont think they’ll invest heavily in new players, they’ll sign the loans permanently and remain largely the same side. They front loaded last season to back the new manager.
Still think they will spend 10m or so to replace Rogic & a couple of other players.

They will be selling Ajeti, Barkas, Jullien amongst others which will also pull in some sort of fees.

Did that include how many times he rolls or falls over when someone breathes on him? :D

I don't see what he brings or the difference he would make to the midfield in all honesty. I know people will say goals but 7 of his 11 league goals have been from penalties which we all know is Tav's role in the team. I just see him as a plodder who likes to put himself about I know there's a fascination with some about having dig in the midfield though.

Midfield at the moment we are only losing Davis and Ramsey it's not a priority for now compared to other areas of the team.
Opposition fans of any team accuse players of rolling about. I’m sure other players accuse ours of that. I’ve got no interest in discussing that. Pointless.

My post is not about penalties or dig. I am talking about his underlying stats that were shown a while ago, in terms of chances created from open play. He’s playing for Aberdeen ffs, they are terrible. I would only buy at the right price, which I don’t think will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back