The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtic are about to bang out close to 7 million for a player who doesn't have that many more goals than that and didn't make a European team of the season.

The whole Kent doesn't do enough for a 7 million pound player thing is a bit of a myth TBH
If you're referring to Jota then check again his stats..

He's always done that, his work rate is exceptional, a total team player.

Can only think the people talking him and his contribution down, if they are Rangers fans and actually watch him, are some slices short of the full loaf.
Kent is a brilliant player .. end of. We are lucky to have him, his downside is putting ball in the net,if he could finish he would be playing top end of premiership in England.

It’s composure, isn’t it.
The pressure he’s created for himself here because of his poor record.
I get the feeling it’ll come though.
Just like the striker who has hit a dry patch, it might be one or two then they’ll roll in.
Hope so anyway.
He often tries to hit the ball too hard. If he can work on this over the season and get a couple of early goal to relieve that pressure I'd imagine he will go on to higher levels.

As has been said by many on here, it's the only flaw in his game.

Does that mean we need a certain amount of players over the age of 21 that came through our academy? How many? Who fits that category currently other than McGregor and McCrorie?
We don’t ‘need’ anything per se.

It’s just to have a full quota of A-List players you need to include 4 nation trained players, and 4 club trained players.

(club trained players under 21 you don’t need to register on the A-List, and they don’t count towards the quota.)

We also included Kieran Wright for the group onwards this season in the squad as a club trained player. I suspect we done this after the Alashkert Covid crisis, as a safety net.

Doesn’t make a difference if we include Lowry et al this coming season, we don’t need to as they can still be on the B-List due to their age.

Right now we are looking at

17 non-homegrown

Arfield (NT)
Jack (NT)
Wright (NT)
Souttar (NT)
McCrorie (CT)

Giving us a squad of 22, think we only registered 23 this season at any given time due to McGregor and Kieran Wright. I’d be surprised if we included Wright again this season.

If we don’t have more club trained players, it just means we register a smaller A-List squad.

This isn’t much of an issue now, as we can supplement that with club trained players from the B-List, so if we have good players on that like King, Lowry and McKinnon then filling the HGQ for the A-List isn’t too much of an issue.

Jota has 13 goals and 12 assists m8.. not really comparable tbh..

So he has contributed to 25 goals, Kent has 3 goals and 20 assists, so has contributed to 23 in "stats" alone

Kent had goals or assists against the favorites to win the Europa League, and then in a European last 16, Quarter and Semi, so you are right, it's not even remotely comparable the outlet of one 7 million pound player v the other.

Kent also doesn't get an assist for the massive role he played in our goal v that shower of p*sh in the Semi when he is leaving half their team in the dust to split their defense in bits.

We have time yet no need to panic BUT

How many times have we seen Scottish sides mess around in the lead up to these qualifiers

Both us and them are bloody awful at it

We need to get 2/3 new players of quality into Glasgow settled into their surroundings and FIT ready to fire us to 40m

No pressure Ross make a mess of this and i'm sure it will be your last window!

Kent scored 13 in the 55 season. He has goals in him. I think he's just trying to adapt to a new system under Gio as well after finally getting used to the Gerrard/Beale system.

Ironically, the position he missed the sitter against Frankfurt from in ET is exactly the position he needs to get into more. Get himself in at the back stick constantly and he will score multiple tap ins every season.

Which seems to have really improved in the last few months; he tracks back a lot more these days.
His work rate and tracking back have been there since day 1. A uefa qualifier away, late in the game Kent shadowed a midfielder all the way back to the edge of the 6 yard box, and put the guy off trying to head a great delivery at the back post. I was so impressed at the time, the boy has always had the team ethic, and hopefully the new season brings a new maturity in front of goal.

Paper talk that we are trying to get Cameron Cooper from Partick Thistle. He’s an U18’s striker, so most likely using any money from Rory Wilson to buy him.

Would be amazing business to sell Bassey for £25m+ but I'd rather we kept him for another season and lost 2 of Aribo, Kent or Kamara.

The side badly needs freshened up.
I think Bassey would be wasted at Villa and I'd prefer he stayed,he has potentially CL football with Rangers,he won't get that at Villa as teams round about them will also get stronger. If he goes for 25 I hope there's add ons. Because that is cheap given his potential and adaptability.

Consodine is available on a free.
JS70153323.jpg

Daily Star (don't laugh) reporting Newcastle want Mings for 30m. If true, it would probably accelerate the Bassey to Villa rumours.

• Wow
Reactions: Moz
Could see us maybe arranging something like 18 million, with 7 million extra in performance based bonuses for Bassey, kinda like the Patterson deal. Get Aribo sold too, Kent and Morelos on new deals. Then bring in a raft of young talented players to get our player trading model fully firing on all cylinders for the next few years.
The Bassey money would be crucial to both keeping our team mostly in tact and also bringing in the next crop of players
Aribo was comfortably our best player up to Christmas last year. A period of time that had us in a comfortable lead in the title race. I've no idea why there is this flippancy towards him after a poor second half to the season where he played more football than anyone else in the world. I suspect he will be absolutely flying next year after a break in the summer.

Stewart Robertson flying to London yesterday, Tours at Ibrox cancelled today.

Something is happening.

Maybe.
Robertson looks like a guy who flys to London. Even if he’s nothing to do you get the impression he would put a suit on, fly down, drink a glass of water and fly back up.

Regarding tomorrow the window doesn’t open for another fortnight so I wouldn’t read too much into yours being cancelled. Happens for a plethora of reasons.

I've just remembered standing in Seville last week and being sent a message saying we are attempting to sign that Cedric Kipre that was at Motherwell from Wigan.

In the excitement of being at the second biggest club game in Europe I blocked out this nightmare.

Robertson looks like a guy who flys to London. Even if he’s nothing to do you get the impression he would put a suit on, fly down, drink a glass of water and fly back up.

Regarding tomorrow the window doesn’t open for another fortnight so I wouldn’t read too much into yours being cancelled. Happens for a plethora of reasons.
You can sign and announce players before the window opens. They just cant be registered until the window opens.

Do people really judge Ryan Kent on his assist and goal stats?

Surely using your eyes is enough?

He goes and his replacement won’t be a patch on him.

My only criticism of Kent is his shooting/composure. It’s poor.

vs. Jota. You can’t compare them. Ryan Kent is by far the better, all round player who delivers on the big stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back