Aribo - I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here

If he wont sign contract then id be very keen to sell. He would need to be told hes not going to feature over guys like lowry. Try and force him to move. Need to start getting decent money in for these players.

If he does sign a new deal I need Aribo to kick on again. Needs to start having an impact in the old firms and give us some higher numbers.

Because he’s in charge of transfers and if a player of Goldson’s ability/value had walked for free it would have been a very poor result on his watch.

Things are changing. Look at what's happened at Liverpool (and elsewhere) with contracts. Players are gaining increasing power and making the decisions.

Aribo in the first half of the season was going to be player of the year. A dip in form was followed by doing what we needed, and playing up front with no strikers available. Hopefully he gets himself a well earned break and comes back stronger next year.
Pre-afcon he was unplayable. Genuinely was ripping teams to pieces. After that tournament he dipped but came on strong towards the end of the season.

Because he’s in charge of transfers and if a player of Goldson’s ability/value had walked for free it would have been a very poor result on his watch.
Thats one way of looking at it

Another would be Ross and the board put a contract on the table in January and Goldson signed in yesterday, its not a one man show mate and everyone is working within a structure with limits.

Of the 3 players whose contracts are expiring next year (Kent, Morelos, and Aribo) he is the one I would prioritise least, but if we can get him to sign a new deal then great. He was tremendous until AFCON and due to playing so many games has understandably suffered a loss in form following that. The same happened to a lot of players who went to AFCON, Salah for instance.

There is not an absolute necessity for this window to be a complete refresh. If we can keep most of our best players while possibly making one large sale, we can focus on adding proper quality to what we already have.

It’s nice to hear but it’s either sign a new deal or sold.

I don’t think we can afford to take the gamble again like we did with Goldson.

I’m a big aribo fan but if he won’t commit long term we need to get a return on him now.

We need to tie Morelos, Kent, and Aribo down on long term contracts. If not we need to tout for them sale. If Kent stays he needs to work on his finishing, that was one of several reasons we lost the league.

If he can put a full season in like the start to last season, we'll have a player of the year on our hands. Performed as a make-shift striker that took us to a European final and Scottish Cup win. If he's happy, it's a no-brainer for me.
However……unless he signs he walks away for nothing. For me it’s time to cash in unless he extends his contract

Big Joe has become a hugely under-rated player by many of the efeferati due to an indifferent last few months of his season when the lad was out on his feet. It's made it too easy for some to forget how he carried the team for weeks on end during the early months of last season. His ability to stand in as a make shift striker when both Alfie and KR were injured, and to do that in the Semi and Final of a major European tournament, should serve to remind us that he is a rare talent.

I'd be delighted if he signed a new contract, notwithstanding the fact that we do need to freshen the squad up.

Sign or sell.

It simply has to be like this for players in his position.

In our position, we HAVE to ensure we make money from our assets.

We can't simply have everyone staying.

We need to cash in while we can.

Opposite to most on here. For me he’s the player we have to keep. His improvement from the season before last to this season was huge. No reason he won’t improve further providing we play him in his best position which is in a front three.
Get him signed

We got away with Goldson signing after his contract, we cant really risk it again.

If he doesnt sign a new contract we do need to make money from him.

Aribo is a great player but that doesnt mean we cant get someone better for us.
Goldson was in a different situation as well. Goldson was turning 29 a few months into the season. Due to his age, we were never getting decent money for Goldson. £4/5 million tops. At that value an extra year out of Goldson makes sense.

Aribo along with Kent and Morelos are big talents in their mid 20s. They have value in their sale and shouldn't be allowed to walk away on bosmans.

Imagine we took the gamble on letting Aribo, Kent and Morelos see out their contracts. Then we sadly don't win the league, how on earth would you replace those 3 talents with no money coming in. Even winning the league would only just cover losing their fees. I hope to god this gets sorted quickly.

They either have to sign new deals or be sold. Even if it means not getting an optimum fee. We can't afford to lose the millions we'd get for them.

I hope he extends his contract. With the progress Lowry has made it can take some of the load off Aribo to keep him fit for the whole season. Also would allow Lowry to acclimatise and not be thrown in at the deep end.

We need to not make the mistakes of previous seasons and cash in on some of our players.
I like Joe but we need to sell while the stock is high and replace a good few

Of course you don't, you had the goldson away with the skips outside and everything.
Thats true but in this case I just don’t think he seems truly happy, of course that’s my opinion.

For instance the way Tav celebrates and posts he seems so proud to be part of the club.

I’ve met Aribo a few times and before an old firm and he wasn’t hyped up, maybe it’s just his laid back attitude but it just seems as if he’s not too fussed. I get it, it may sound ridiculous and I want fan love but that’s how I feel.

Regarding Goldson he defiantly had a skip outside his house, for whatever reason I don’t know, did I get the intentions wrong, maybe I’d did, I won’t deny that. Did he have a change of heart or his wife, I’m not sure, but all I know is he he did skips outside his house and vans. A few posters local to the area can testify to the skips.

Was always gonna say that. Still think he won’t sign and we’ll have to sell, based on nothing except pure opinion.

The only way Rangers commit to Joe playing next season is if he commits to extending his contract. We should be actively looking to sell each of our players who are in the last year of their contract.
100%.

Doesn't matter how much we like them, how good they are.

We need to either get them to extend or we flip and go again

Big Joe has become a hugely under-rated player by many of the efeferati due to an indifferent last few months of his season when the lad was out on his feet. It's 0 it too easy for some to forget how he carried the team for weeks on end during the early months of last season. His ability to stand in as a make shift striker when both Alfie and KR were injured, and to do that in the Semi and Final of a major European tournament, should serve to remind us that he is a rare talent.

I'd be delighted if he signed a new contract, notwithstanding the fact that we do need to freshen the squad up.

Educate me!! What the Dickens does that word mean!!?

Good, hopefully means he will be happy to sign a new deal, I think a new deal with his future sorted for a good 3-4, years would help to reinvigorate Aribo and let him be the brilliant player we all know he can be, when he's on it there's nobody in Scotland who can cope with him.
What would help Aribo more is not playing 12 months a year. It is ridiculous how many international games he plays in addition to club games.

People talking about selling him for ten million must fail to understand that with a year on his contract and a release clause of 10 million quid we wouldn’t get ten for him , the power sits more in the hands of the player and the buyer as it’s a case of either take say 7 million or he goes for free the next year and you get nothing, only reason we would get ten is if a club was absolutely desperate to have him for the next season but that’s not going to be the case if they could get a cheaper option to tide them over for a year then taking him on a free and it would mean bigger signing on bonus and wage etc for himself , being a business you’d have to just take the highest bid you can get or get him tied down to another long term contract ASAP
This release clause a definite?

Back