Aribo - I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here

Joe has been a first pick in a Rangers team who went a full season unbeaten in league and got to last 16 in Europe..

Then part of a team who got to a Euro final and won our first domestic cup in 11 years.

I would rather he stayed and hopefully extended his deal.

If we have another 60 + game season then Lowry could lighten his load a bit.

If he can put a full season in like the start to last season, we'll have a player of the year on our hands. Performed as a make-shift striker that took us to a European final and Scottish Cup win. If he's happy, it's a no-brainer for me.
And in the past has put in faultless performances at left back, nobody else in the squad has his versatility (although I'm looking forward to seeing Bassey getting moved up front and petrifying them as we chase a fifth goal against the mockits).

If only he’d turn up against the scum.

The only thing that lets him down.

Maybe my memory is clouded but has he ever had a decent game against them? Just seems to just go missing all the time.

I‘m sure if he had a good game (which no doubt he has) someone will let me know.

Maybe my memory is clouded but has he ever had a decent game against them? Just seems to just go missing all the time.

I‘m sure if he had a good game (which no doubt he has) someone will let me know.
He had one very good game against Celtic but generally he has not stood out. I think he was played on the right side of midfield the time he stood out

He had one very good game against Celtic but generally he has not stood out. I think he was played on the right side of midfield the time he stood out

Well at least we know he’s capable of it when played in the correct position.

He needs to have at least 3 good games against them next season to start turning this perception people have of him around.

Goldson was in a different situation as well. Goldson was turning 29 a few months into the season. Due to his age, we were never getting decent money for Goldson. £4/5 million tops. At that value an extra year out of Goldson makes sense.

Aribo along with Kent and Morelos are big talents in their mid 20s. They have value in their sale and shouldn't be allowed to walk away on bosmans.

Imagine we took the gamble on letting Aribo, Kent and Morelos see out their contracts. Then we sadly don't win the league, how on earth would you replace those 3 talents with no money coming in. Even winning the league would only just cover losing their fees. I hope to god this gets sorted quickly.

They either have to sign new deals or be sold. Even if it means not getting an optimum fee. We can't afford to lose the millions we'd get for them.

Yep that's potentially £60m worth of assets. We can't allow that situation to develop.

I think Aribo will be one to leave on a free next season.
Provided we get Kent and Alfie on longer deals I’m actually ok with it.

I believe there is a clause in his contact where he can’t be sold for more than £10M (according to 4 Lads on Twitter previously).

He’s worth more to us playing this season than he would be selling and replacing.
If he stays, qualify for the CL and win the title again then he’s helped us to another £80M.

Thankfully you are not our manager
Fantastic patter pal. If you notice my other posts out of all our assets that we could make double figures on - kamara and aribo are the first I'd let go rather than Morelos bassey and Kent. Ur opinion might be different but then that's u

I think Aribo will be one to leave on a free next season.
Provided we get Kent and Alfie on longer deals I’m actually ok with it.

I believe there is a clause in his contact where he can’t be sold for more than £10M (according to 4 Lads on Twitter previously).

He’s worth more to us playing this season than he would be selling and replacing.
If he stays, qualify for the CL and win the title again then he’s helped us to another £80M.
Wait what? He can’t be sold for more than 10million?

If that clause is true then that is absolutely mental

Wait what? He can’t be sold for more than 10million?

If that clause is true then that is absolutely mental
Not really.
Release clauses are fairly standard.
We had to entice him up from down south initially and he’s still on that original contact.

If he was to sign a new one then I’d imagine that figure doubles.

We must be talking to his agent

If we can’t agree an extension we have to try and get him moved on

If he wants to stay that’s fantastic but as with Kent and Morelos it’s the exact same IMO

We need to extend all 3 or sell this summer

Good news that he is settled at Rangers but in the next month or so he must either sign a new contract or face up to moving on. I really like him as a player, he’s strong skilful and versatile, and other than shading off at the end of last season in which he played an enormous number of games (66+ ?) he has been outstanding - a player opponents find impossible to tie down. Get it signed Joe.

He’s been inconsistent and people say we should sell him. What we actually need is to bring in someone that can compete for his place, he has been overplayed by us and his country because we are dependent on him.

Sounds like he might sign a new deal
Lowry will be pushing for a place, as will Hagi. I don't agree he's been inconsistent, had a 4/5 game spell following international duty where he had a bit of a lull but bar that he had a cracking season. We need him to commit tho or we have to cash in

What a turnaround the Club has made and the Team has felt recently. No one wants to leave and I'd put a lot of that down to Gio and the management for the turnaround he has made since coming in.

If he signs and extension, great. If he leaves then wish him all the best. If he sees out his contract and gives us a season of the Aribo we all know then I'd take that.

Either way, in Gio we trust.

Extension or punted. Same goes for Morelos and Kent
Only works if they actually want to go.

They could quite easily run down their contract like Goldson. It worked out well with him but it might not always work that way.

It’s not quite as straight as saying new contract or you are sold. We also might not get suitable bids.

Fantastic patter pal. If you notice my other posts out of all our assets that we could make double figures on - kamara and aribo are the first I'd let go rather than Morelos bassey and Kent. Ur opinion might be different but then that's u
Yes football is all about opinions. Kamara I would agree with you if we get the right offer.

He played good against them in 2-1 Katic game, he seems to best against them playing further up on the right so he has more time and space

I know our business model is to try cash in, when a players stock is at its highest. But Aribo is one of the ones I want to keep. Love watching the boy play football.

Might be controversial but I’d happily see Joe sold this summer. Not consistent enough however a great player on his day. If we have a club coming in offering a decent enough figure it’s time to part ways for me.

Contracted unless buyer pays a minimum of £x. Hopefully get more than the minimum if more than one party bidding.
Not sure that’s how it works mate.

If a player has a release clause and say 3 clubs are bidding then surely they all bid the same and the difference is made up on how much they offer the player in salary, signing on fee etc.

If there is a release clause, and I’ve no idea if there is, then we won’t be getting more than that.

Contracted unless buyer pays a minimum of £x. Hopefully get more than the minimum if more than one party bidding.
That’s not really my understanding of it, but I’ve never contacted a football transfer negotiation.
I believe that once you meet the value of the release clause that the club *must* allow the buyer to speak to the player, negating any need got a bidding war, as all bidding parties would speak to the player by meeting the release figure.

I seem to recall Liverpool kicking up a stink when Suarez went to Barca because they met his release clause but for some reason wanted Barca to bid more, just because he was good.
That’s not how I’d run a business.

I think Aribo will be away (said the same about Goldson though).

He has a value at present and there is clearly interest!!

Rangers midfielder, Joe Aribo says he is focused on staying at the club despite rumours linking him with a move away from Ibrox.

Aribo’s contract with the Gers will expire in 2023 and the Nigerian is yet to pen a new deal fuelling speculations he could be set for a move elsewhere.

The versatile midfielder has also been linked with a move to the Premier League, with the likes of Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and West Ham United said to be interested in his services.

The 25-year-old has, however, debunked the reports and stated that he is focused on continuing at the club.

“I don’t know. I never knew about anything to be honest, I just focused on football. I’m happy at Rangers, I’ve been happy since I got here and I’ve loved every single minute of it,” Aribo told Brila FM.

“So I’ve just been focused on here and I just want to stay focused because at the end of the day, I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here,” he said.

Aribo scored nine goals and provided 10 assists in 56 appearances across all competitions for Rangers in the 2021/22 season.
I hope he's true to his word as he is a great player.We have heard this before though only to see the opposite happen.

Might be controversial but I’d happily see Joe sold this summer. Not consistent enough however a great player on his day. If we have a club coming in offering a decent enough figure it’s time to part ways for me.
The issue is our budget as we do need to freshen the squad up. Hopefully the compensation for SG and his back room team, plus the money for NP goes a long way to towards writing down last seasons loss. That should leave us with a major portion of the Europa League income available to invest. Keeping hold of Tav, Goldson, Bassey, Kamara, Lundstram, Aribo, Kent and Alfie gives us a core set of players that have shown they can perform at a high level in Europe. It would swallow a big chunk of our transfer budget to replace any of them with comparable quality. All of those players should be kept unless we get offers too good to refuse. In other words I wouldn't be proactive in looking to move them on.

If we can renew another 2/3 contracts and bring in 2 or 3 new faces that will challenge for regular starts then we will be in a good place. There would still be scope to trim the squad by a few fringe players in order to bring in some additional cash. Could be an exciting window ahead.

These contract extension roller coaster threads are mayhem, but so much better than when we had to chat about stock market announcements.

They really are wild :).

For what it’s worth, I’d love Aribo to stay. He’s a terrific player and I genuinely believe he has the chance to get better still. Strong as an ox, sublime touch and an eye for a goal.

However, if he isn’t signing an extension to his contract then he needs to be sold now. That’s the way of the world.

I think Aribo will be away (said the same about Goldson though).

He has a value at present and there is clearly interest!!
When is Aribo back from nigeria duty?

If he doesn’t sign on the dotted line soon then it sadly would mean we need to accept whatever fee we can get from palace and wish him well

Our big hitters with just a year left Aribo, kent and Alfie must be made aware that’s how it’s going to be.

Love to hear that from Joe, I'm a big fan of his and hope he signs an extension and we get another season or two from him at least!

Not sure that’s how it works mate.

If a player has a release clause and say 3 clubs are bidding then surely they all bid the same and the difference is made up on how much they offer the player in salary, signing on fee etc.

If there is a release clause, and I’ve no idea if there is, then we won’t be getting more than that.
This is so obviously correct it is a little weird it needs explaining :D

If there is a release clause, it is 100% pointless offering the club more to try and outbid other teams because the clause means that no matter how much over it you bid, the selling club will still have to accept offers at the level of the clause. The extra money you could be throwing at the player would have been handed to the selling club for zero advantage at all.

Back