Aribo - I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here

Bonnyloyal

Rangers midfielder, Joe Aribo says he is focused on staying at the club despite rumours linking him with a move away from Ibrox.

Aribo’s contract with the Gers will expire in 2023 and the Nigerian is yet to pen a new deal fuelling speculations he could be set for a move elsewhere.

The versatile midfielder has also been linked with a move to the Premier League, with the likes of Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and West Ham United said to be interested in his services.

The 25-year-old has, however, debunked the reports and stated that he is focused on continuing at the club.

“I don’t know. I never knew about anything to be honest, I just focused on football. I’m happy at Rangers, I’ve been happy since I got here and I’ve loved every single minute of it,” Aribo told Brila FM.

“So I’ve just been focused on here and I just want to stay focused because at the end of the day, I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here,” he said.

Aribo scored nine goals and provided 10 assists in 56 appearances across all competitions for Rangers in the 2021/22 season.

Good, hopefully means he will be happy to sign a new deal, I think a new deal with his future sorted for a good 3-4, years would help to reinvigorate Aribo and let him be the brilliant player we all know he can be, when he's on it there's nobody in Scotland who can cope with him.

Last edited:
Rangers midfielder, Joe Aribo says he is focused on staying at the club despite rumours linking him with a move away from Ibrox.

Aribo’s contract with the Gers will expire in 2023 and the Nigerian is yet to pen a new deal fuelling speculations he could be set for a move elsewhere.

The versatile midfielder has also been linked with a move to the Premier League, with the likes of Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and West Ham United said to be interested in his services.

The 25-year-old has, however, debunked the reports and stated that he is focused on continuing at the club.

“I don’t know. I never knew about anything to be honest, I just focused on football. I’m happy at Rangers, I’ve been happy since I got here and I’ve loved every single minute of it,” Aribo told Brila FM.

“So I’ve just been focused on here and I just want to stay focused because at the end of the day, I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here,” he said.

Aribo scored nine goals and provided 10 assists in 56 appearances across all competitions for Rangers in the 2021/22 season.

Squad needs refreshed.

He is one I would sell.

He was immense at the start of the season but the number of games he was playing clearly took a toll on his performance.

Hopefully we can sign a creative spark in midfield to compete with him and rotate through busy schedules.

Those saying sell him: I dread to think how turgid we become when trying to break teams down if we don’t have Aribo about.

6ie4cm.jpg

Out of every key player running out in 2023 he looked the most likely to leave, looking very likely we could keep Kent, Morelos and Aribo.

Every one of our key players deserve credit for the way they conduct themselves, we've seen with our rivals how badly it can go wrong if your key players phone it in because they care about £ more than the club.

He was immense at the start of the season but the number of games he was playing clearly took a toll on his performance.

Hopefully we can sign a creative spark in midfield to compete with him and rotate through busy schedules.

Those saying sell him: I dread to think how turgid we become when trying to break teams down if we don’t have Aribo about.
We got away with Goldson signing after his contract, we cant really risk it again.

If he doesnt sign a new contract we do need to make money from him.

Aribo is a great player but that doesnt mean we cant get someone better for us.

He’s been inconsistent and people say we should sell him. What we actually need is to bring in someone that can compete for his place, he has been overplayed by us and his country because we are dependent on him.

Sounds like he might sign a new deal

People talking about selling him for ten million must fail to understand that with a year on his contract and a release clause of 10 million quid we wouldn’t get ten for him , the power sits more in the hands of the player and the buyer as it’s a case of either take say 7 million or he goes for free the next year and you get nothing, only reason we would get ten is if a club was absolutely desperate to have him for the next season but that’s not going to be the case if they could get a cheaper option to tide them over for a year then taking him on a free and it would mean bigger signing on bonus and wage etc for himself , being a business you’d have to just take the highest bid you can get or get him tied down to another long term contract ASAP

We got away with Goldson signing after his contract, we cant really risk it again.

If he doesnt sign a new contract we do need to make money from him.

Aribo is a great player but that doesnt mean we cant get someone better for us.
If he doesn’t sign a new contract the yeah obviously we’d have to look at moving him on.

But if what he says in the above article is true then I don’t imagine it’ll be too long before we hear about a new deal for him.

I’m all for signing someone to compete with him. We don’t have anywhere near the depth we should have for the positions he plays.

Im loving the attitudes of the current players. Get the assets ties down on long term deals. Then we can do business on our terms.

If the likes of Bassey, Aribo, Alfie and Kent all sign new deals. I would look to move Helander and Roofe on in addition to Itten whos already gone. Add those funds to our budget and sign either another CB or LB depending on where we prefer Bassey to play and a top quality RW who can get us goals and a striker to compete. Push the boat out on 3 top class players and i will be buzzing with that summer window.

Back