Aribo - I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here

I think a he should be signed up to a new and improved contract, rather than we cash in now. That´s down to the player obviously. His skill is beyond doubt, and he's still improving.

Talk is cheap.

With 1 year left on his deal, he needs to sign an extension or we must consider offers for him.

We were willing to let Goldson walk; that cannot happen with Aribo.

Joe Aribo is a great player actually a unique player and very difficult opponent for teams. He’s got a right to see out his contract that the club gave him, just like Goldson did. It’s a contract after all.

In my opinion, our attacking players (of which Aribo is one) don't contribute enough goals.

He has scored 18 goals in 92 Scottish Premiership games since he arrived.

So I will stick with my point that the squad needs refreshed.
As much as I really like Aribo I agree with your points. He had a great 1st half of the season and showed what he can be. For whatever reason his form dipped in te 2nd half of the season..

Great potential but I've posted on here after certain games regarding his work rate (done a great shift out of position in Europa league semi and final).

If the offer is decent 12m or more then I'd take it and give Lowry more starting games next season switching between him and Hagi with Arfield doing his bit.

Haven't we got some smashing players now, but when players do leave I just hope that we have turned the corner and they are replaced by even better players. The future is looking oh so bright.

I think the situation with contracts has to be looked at.

All we hear is clubs in a panic as players enter the last year of their contract.

I’m all for freedom of movement in employment but we are talking about assets of huge value and money paid to them and the selling club.

Sometimes it seems like the Bosman ruling went too far and the right approach all round would have been some middle ground.
That horse has bolted.

Rangers midfielder, Joe Aribo says he is focused on staying at the club despite rumours linking him with a move away from Ibrox.

Aribo’s contract with the Gers will expire in 2023 and the Nigerian is yet to pen a new deal fuelling speculations he could be set for a move elsewhere.

The versatile midfielder has also been linked with a move to the Premier League, with the likes of Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and West Ham United said to be interested in his services.

The 25-year-old has, however, debunked the reports and stated that he is focused on continuing at the club.

“I don’t know. I never knew about anything to be honest, I just focused on football. I’m happy at Rangers, I’ve been happy since I got here and I’ve loved every single minute of it,” Aribo told Brila FM.

“So I’ve just been focused on here and I just want to stay focused because at the end of the day, I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here,” he said.

Aribo scored nine goals and provided 10 assists in 56 appearances across all competitions for Rangers in the 2021/22 season.

Just a shame his Agents are the same folk that had Mata from Sunderland on their books. He ran down contract and went to France. Good player but if no new contract signed by August then I’d sell him..

Talk is cheap.

With 1 year left on his deal, he needs to sign an extension or we must consider offers for him.

We were willing to let Goldson walk; that cannot happen with Aribo.

What if his agent has advised him to sit tight, stay for one more season and have a multitude of attractive bosman offers, for probably the most lucrative contract of his career?

It's exactly what agents often advise and clubs are powerless to do anything about it.

Players and agents hold all the aces now in football.

I would suggest Aribo be sold if he doesn't sign new contract.
You’d like to think there’s already been discussions between the player and the club about his contract situation given that the optimum point to sell him was actually last summer.

Obviously we’ve just seen, somewhat unexpectedly, that a player moving into the final year of his contract doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll leave on a free, but I think it’s a trick we probably can’t rely on happening very often.

Simplistically speaking then, if he won’t sign a new contract, do we feel another year of Joe is worth the £10m we’d stand to lose by selling him now?

You’d like to think there’s already been discussions between the player and the club about his contract situation given that the optimum point to sell him was actually last summer.

Obviously we’ve just seen, somewhat unexpectedly, that a player moving into the final year of his contract doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll leave on a free, but I think it’s a trick we probably can’t rely on happening very often.

Simplistically speaking then, if he won’t sign a new contract, do we feel another year of Joe is worth the £10m we’d stand to lose by selling him now?
This is the thing we have to weigh up keeping a reasonably settled team for cl qualifyers to introducing new players

If we don't go through then then I could see us pushing to sell but it's still in players hands

Sell him now but we must replace witn at least the same level of player

I think we good very lucky with signing him. Time, place and circs all came together nicely, very difficult to repeat with a player of his ability.

Hes been here a while though and the tail off suggests hes maybe somewhat jaded with the same routines so could be a good time to cashin. His performances have been outstanding and hes clearly a versatile player so would be in high demand.

I think he could play in the EPL and if we get an EPL style offer your taxi is waiting Mr Aribo.

I think Aribo is a superbly talented player and sometimes a very productive one. However, I also think his versatility makes him one of the more disposable players as the positions he plays, we either already have potential replacements or we can alter our shape to make other formations viable.

I suspect that if we want to refresh the attacking positions, including midfield, he and Kamara are the most likely ones to move on.

I would rather we sold him and gave Lowry the opportunity to take his place. We could then use the money to strengthen the team in other areas with the main one for me being a new striker. Plus we need to start bringing our youth players into the team more and showing them that they can make it with us

Be careful what you wish for.
We may not see a player with his skill replace him when he goes.
JA is a smashing footballer who has ups and downs like anybody else.
A lot of time his performance reflects the position he is asked to play......but do you hear him complaining?

I think we good very lucky with signing him. Time, place and circs all came together nicely, very difficult to repeat with a player of his ability.

Hes been here a while though and the tail off suggests hes maybe somewhat jaded with the same routines so could be a good time to cashin. His performances have been outstanding and hes clearly a versatile player so would be in high demand.

I think he could play in the EPL and if we get an EPL style offer your taxi is waiting Mr Aribo.

Subject to the rumoured 10m maximum.

Be careful what you wish for.
We may not see a player with his skill replace him when he goes.
JA is a smashing footballer who has ups and downs like anybody else.
A lot of time his performance reflects the position he is asked to play......but do you hear him complaining?

Spot on.

He is a managers dream.

Left Back, Striker & pretty much every midfield & supporting position He’s played ?

I think Aribo is a superbly talented player and sometimes a very productive one. However, I also think his versatility makes him one of the more disposable players as the positions he plays, we either already have potential replacements or we can alter our shape to make other formations viable.

I suspect that if we want to refresh the attacking positions, including midfield, he and Kamara are the most likely ones to move on.

I agree with you ES.

However that very versatility will be hard to replace. I think we need to replace him but, as another poster pointed out, that will be very difficult.

Back