The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok…pick 3 (semi-realistic) that you’d take:

I’ll take Zagadou. For the song, if nothing else.

Halstenberg if/when either Bassey/Barisic go.

Then one of the right wingers. Someone mad like Bernardeschi.

You?

Some of those are out of date and have agreed extensions.

Here’s my plan while I’m bored on a Saturday:

Football Manager style -

Sell Helander, Katic, Simpson, Barisic, Aribo, and Roofe. (Should bring in £15m+, and free up about £80k per week in wages).

Let McGregor retire in peace.

Give Alfredo, Kent and Bassey new deals.

Sign a GK, LCB, back up LB, RW, and new 2nd and 3rd choice strikers.

A good scouting network could do all that and have zero net spend.

6 players for £15m?

You're not getting that in this day and age unless there's a few tasty bosmans in the mix.

6 players for £15m?

You're not getting that in this day and age unless there's a few tasty bosmans in the mix.
I’m only wanting 3 starters, a GK, a LCB, and a RW. Call them £4m per head and you still have change left over.

(I get signing on fees etc etc before anyone starts…)

Had a good season there but I think he’s more a wing back than a fullback. I suppose in Scotland his deficiencies at fullback probably won’t be shown up

I’ll take Zagadou. For the song, if nothing else.

Halstenberg if/when either Bassey/Barisic go.

Then one of the right wingers. Someone mad like Bernardeschi.

You?

Some of those are out of date and have agreed extensions.
Another ABBA number

“My, my
At Zagadou, he said no surrender
Oh, yeah
And I have met my destiny in quite a similar way

The history book on the shelf
Is always repeating itself

Zagadou
I was defeated, you won the war
Zagadou
Promise to love you forever more

Zagadou
Couldn't escape if I wanted to
Zagadou
Knowing our fate is to be with you
Wa-Wa-Wa-Wa-Zagadou
Finally facing my Zagadou

I listened to H&H throw Diallo under the bus after THAT Old Firm game beyond harsh imo he wasn’t even our worst player that night.

The transfer season is mental this year we need a Jelavic esque rumour to get us all revved up

RANGERS are targeting Stoke City’s Josh Tymon.

Boss Gio van Bronckhorst wants the £5million-rated left-back but may be forced to wait until late in the window.
With clubs interested in taking Borna Barisic off Gers’ hands, Tymon, 23, is seen as his replacement.

Van Bronckhorst will have to wait until they either sell the Croatian or qualify for the Champions League groups before being able to fund the move.

Tymon has excelled at Stoke following a move from Hull City at 18.

Raiding runs down the flank are his hallmark, with the Dutchman on the hunt for a defender who joins in the attack.
Loan spells with MK Dons and Portuguese side Famalicao were the making of the former England Under-20 player.

Meanwhile Premier League new boys Nottingham Forest look set to pip Rangers to Blackburn Rovers midfielder Joe Rothwell.

The 27-year-old’s Ewood Park deal expires on June 30 and it’s believed the Ibrox side had hoped the prospect of Champions League football could tempt the player north.
However, the lure of the Premier League appears to have convinced Rothwell — who scored three and racked up ten assists as a defensive midfielder in last season’s Championship — to stay in England.

Bournemouth, back in the top flight at the first time of asking, are also in the frame for Rothwell’s signature.
Read the article to the point of the ridiculous insinuation, to suggest , we can’t buy until we either sell or qualify for champs league is nothing more than tim fabrication.

Pace against 10 men defences who camp in their own box in Scotland is irrelevant...all entitled to our opinions mate but for me hes not what we need to be winning the league title back. Man u paid 38 million for him. Doubt they are going to offer a loan to buy and just write off 20 million.
Normally true but remember this is Man Utd we’re talking of lol

not by any means saying we are in for him, but with the DoF and scouting network, wouldnt Gio say the kind of player we want and the DoF/scouts go out and find them?

meaning the location and club of the player doesnt really matter?

I dont think were gonna see loads of dutch guys sign just cause Gios in charge ala Advocaat

I wouldn't say the location of the club doesn't matter as such. We'll still ideally want to sign players who we think will settle here, so if there's a UK based player who fits our playing style and is affordable than location might actually work in their favour.

But £5 million from Stoke? Don't see it. If Borna moves on, Bassey likely becomes the solidified first choice left back and any other full back we sign is cover. Especially after bringing in a first team centre back in Souttar. I don't doubt Bassey will play at centre back at points next season, but if Borna goes his main position will be left back (assuming everyone is fit).

Alan Nixon who's wrote that article for The Sun about the LB from Stoke is seriously clued up on transfer dealings in and around those leagues.

This might have something too it.

If he's that clued up, why does he think we've been pipped to the post for a midfielder we cooled our interest in after Gerrard left? Tymon's name may or may not have been on a shortlist of targets, or his agent may have tried to sound out our interest. But when journos with sources in the club say we're likely only shelling out for one bonafide first team starter - depending on Champions League qualification - it seems very unlikely that there is much to this.

Even if it's true, the report says Tymon is £5 million rated not that he would cost us £5 million. Fs do people not get how football works!

To add, he looks a decent player.

Even if it's true, the report says Tymon is £5 million rated not that he would cost us £5 million. Fs do people not get how football works!

To add, he looks a decent player.

A "£5 million rated" player down south is going to cost more than £5 million, but seeing as how we don't know what other clubs would be willing to pay for him it's hardly daft to go with the figure in the article.

Christian Eriksen, Origi…is Bale semi-realistic? After Ramsey…possibly?!

Eriksen is supposedly wanted by Manchester United, and other Premier League clubs are keen on him. We can't offer him the same wages Brentford can, so if Man United are keen then it's absolutely pie in the sky stuff.

I’m still sure 3 at the back is what we will be playing next season. Got absolutely hounded for it on here actually around December time for suggesting it’s the way Gio wants to play, but we all seen it especially in the later stages of the season.

Souttar played in a 3.
Doekhi in a 3.
Tymon in a 3.

New GK
Goldson Souttar Bassey
Tav Jack Lundstram New Lwb
New RW Buff Kent

3 at the back is still totally looked down upon by us. If anyone watches the Italian league it’s clear to see how much that formation has developed and how attacking it actually is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we spent a good amount of a LWB as that could be the final piece of the puzzle. Anyone that watched us in the later stages of the season it was extremely clear we were very fluid in game between the 343 and the 4231.

Very interesting summer ahead.

£5 million on a left back to be behind Bassey in the pecking order? Never going to happen. Only way this makes sense is if its Bassey we're selling instead of Borna.
Don’t actually agree with this if you see my post above. I think Bassey will be the main LCB in a 3 leaving Borna the only LWB, which I think he will become back up to.

My opinion obviously means nothing and it’s a half educated guess after watching every game twice and sometimes 3 times again.

What I find exciting this summer as we have no clue what we are going to do or what we are looking for. Gerrard’s formation and line up and what needed improvement was clear for everyone to see. Not a dig at Gerrard but us as fans knew his set up inside out and we all categorically agreed on what position we should be looking to sign next.

I’m still sure 3 at the back is what we will be playing next season. Got absolutely hounded for it on here actually around December time for suggesting it’s the way Gio wants to play, but we all seen it especially in the later stages of the season.

Souttar played in a 3.
Doekhi in a 3.
Tymon in a 3.

New GK
Goldson Souttar Bassey
New RW Buff Kent

3 at the back is still totally looked down upon by us. If anyone watches the Italian league it’s clear to see how much that formation has developed and how attacking it actually is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we spent a good amount of a LWB as that could be the final piece of the puzzle. Anyone that watched us in the later stages of the season it was extremely clear we were very fluid in game between the 343 and the 4231.

Doehki?
Thought that ship had already sailed.

Just signed for Hertha Berlin?

Souttar played in a 3.
Doekhi in a 3.
Tymon in a 3.

New GK
Goldson Souttar Bassey
New RW Buff Kent

I’d prefer lundstram as part of back 3 so he could move into midfield if we need to change it up without a substitution

Do fans 'really' want to see young players like Lowry, McCann, Devine etc given a real chance with us, or are they kidding themselves on, and what they really want is millions spent, these guys never really making it and then moan they never got a chance?

The development of Lowry in particular saves us millions yet I'm still reading we need a 'Veerman' type, why can't that be Lowry? Because he's here and doesn't cost millions?
Lowry is the prince of Ibrox. Id trust him with the keys of my hoose and imaginary Lamborghini.

Doehki?
Thought that ship had already sailed.

Just signed for Hertha Berlin?
Yeah, he was heavily linked though. Just feel all the pieces add up to 3 at the back, Souttar signing, Doekhi heavily linked who also played in a 3. The way we played at the end of the season.

I’d prefer lundstram as part of back 3 so he could move into midfield if we need to change it up without a substitution
That’s what I mean by very fluid in game as we have shown.

That formation could change in game as we’ve seen recently.

New GK
Tav Goldson Souttar Bassey
Lundstram Jack
New RW Kent New LWB
Buff

If we do sign Tymon or someone like him, it almost confirms it for me.

Don’t actually agree with this if you see my post above. I think Bassey will be the main LCB in a 3 leaving Borna the only LWB, which I think he will become back up to.

My opinion obviously means nothing and it’s a half educated guess after watching every game twice and sometimes 3 times again.

What I find exciting this summer as we have no clue what we are going to do or what we are looking for. Gerrard’s formation and line up and what needed improvement was clear for everyone to see. Not a dig at Gerrard but us as fans knew his set up inside out and we all categorically agreed on what position we should be looking to sign next.

What you say sounds nice, but I don't believe we have £5 million to spend on that area of the team. Most people would see left back as pretty far down on our list of priorities this Summer.

If we're going to spend £5 million on a left back this window, then our transfer budget is probably a lot higher than people are expecting.

Budget suggestion for the RW position, just for the name: Rodrigo Riquelme.

Unfortunately, not a relative it seems.

Shares an agent with Sands, Sakala, Lundstram and Goldson though.

Career had stalled a wee bit but has had a decent season out on loan in La Liga 2 and broken back into the Spain under-21s. Scored, got an assist and hit the woodwork 3 times against NI under-21s a few days ago.

Budget suggestion for the RW position, just for the name: Rodrigo Riquelme.

Unfortunately, not a relative it seems.

Shares an agent with Sands, Sakala, Lundstram and Goldson though.

Career had stalled a wee bit but has had a decent season out on loan in La Liga 2 and broken back into the Spain under-21s. Scored, got an assist and hit the woodwork 3 times against NI under-21s a few days ago.

He played against us in the youth CL, no?

I think Rangers likely have to sell before they can buy, big at least, which limits the options in terms of a real impact signing.

Id suggest Lowry should be our RW next season and thus takes away that area as an immediate concern.

BB has shown too many times he cant perform when the demands are highest and Rangers should make all efforts to offload him. Whether Bassey plays LB or stays CB, we need another player whos a natural at the left of the defense.

Other than that Id suggest by far our immediate focus has to be CM and CF:-

Jack, as good as he can be, is unreliable and simply will not be available enough.
Davo and Scotty Arf are here for the odd game and wont be starters too often.
Kamara isnt going to get over his phobia of a forward pass.

This area has cost us too many silly points when we needed a goal or key from that position to unlock or close out a game, in particular during domestic matches. If we are able to spend money this Summer its got to be here first.

CF is the 2nd most crucial area. Somehow we have, just about, gotten by for years with only 1 real striker in Buff. Hes sensational but the team rely on him for too much and if hes injured its brown trousers time all-round. Roofe is like Jack - never going to be fit enough often enough for Rangers. I think an experienced player who can score goals and is available this Summer is what we need, not another dice roll like Itten or a mad punt on an Scottish League player whos scored a few goals for Squirrel FC. I know we cant afford him specifically but someone like Martin Braithwaite would be a safe bet for a couple of seasons as we upgrade the rest of the team. It would also be good to see Weston play a few times, he needs to bulk and toughen up which only happens with game time.

I cant see us signing a player specifically for a back 3. We use a back 3 in some European games and at times vs Celtic and thats been excellent management.

We do not, however, need a back 3 for 36 other league games and the majority of our cup games.

Lundstram can slip into a back 3, so can souttar etc. spending £5m on someone who can be part of a back 3 is not happening and nor should it.

I think Rangers likely have to sell before they can buy, big at least, which limits the options in terms of a real impact signing.

Id suggest Lowry should be our RW next season and thus takes away that area as an immediate concern.

BB has shown too many times he cant perform when the demands are highest and Rangers should make all efforts to offload him. Whether Bassey plays LB or stays CB, we need another player whos a natural at the left of the defense.

Other than that Id suggest by far our immediate focus has to be CM and CF:-

Jack, as good as he can be, is unreliable and simply will not be available enough.
Davo and Scotty Arf are here for the odd game and wont be starters too often.
Kamara isnt going to get over his phobia of a forward pass.

This area has cost us too many silly points when we needed a goal or key from that position to unlock or close out a game, in particular during domestic matches. If we are able to spend money this Summer its got to be here first.

CF is the 2nd most crucial area. Somehow we have, just about, gotten by for years with only 1 real striker in Buff. Hes sensational but the team rely on him for too much and if hes injured its brown trousers time all-round. Roofe is like Jack - never going to be fit enough often enough for Rangers. I think an experienced player who can score goals and is available this Summer is what we need, not another dice roll like Itten or a mad punt on an Scottish League player whos scored a few goals for Squirrel FC. I know we cant afford him specifically but someone like Martin Braithwaite would be a safe bet for a couple of seasons as we upgrade the rest of the team. It would also be good to see Weston play a few times, he needs to bulk and toughen up which only happens with game time.
I think we need to temper expectations on lowry just a little. Looks a cracking player with potential but he has played less than a handful of games against jobbers and a hearts team on the beach. He will hopefully, and probably, go on to be a brilliant player but there is no way we gamble right now that he will be a first name on the team sheet RW type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back