Cinch deal

If there was evidence of this threat prior to January then it completely destroys the integrity of the league campaign this year. Some of the decisions this season, to move the winter and then the ref decisions after the winter break were ridiculous. That Dundee Utd game along had 5 game changing decisions that were missed, 2 pens and 3 sending off's, 4 of those decisions would've massively benefited us. The added time against Ross County, were the %^*& that came from.

As others have said suing us for what? A laughable idea:).
Also I haven't seen this idea mooted anywhere but this thread - the very idea is just ridiculous.

The club need to have another go and taking some scalps at the SPFL and SFA.

These cunts are plotting and briefing against us in plain sight, so imagine what they are up to when they think no one is listening.

We need a couple gone out of Rod Mckenzie, Doncaster, Mclennan, Petrie and Mulrenny.

I genuinely would be having laptops, phones and email accounts hacked.

From what I've been told this morning Cinch threatened to withhold the sponsor money if Rangers had won the league, when the opportunity arose they pressured the SFA/SPFL to move the winter break favouring Celtic
If there is any solid proof of this we need to set the dogs on it.

Haha.

Ignore incompetent Referees, Assistant Referees, 4th Officials, corrupt manipulation of fixtures and rule changing half way through the season.

Ignore the Rangers haters in positions of power within the SFA, SPFL and Referees Committee.

Ignore all the CFC loving politicians and media luvvies/journalists with their 'unbiased' public statements about us.

You've nailed it. The only things wrong in Scottish Football, the only things that cost us the league was Shagger having a bad game in Dingwall and Motherwell managing to pull back a 2 goal deficit.

:eek:
Get him telt Riccles. There's always a bigger picture.
Well said.

What dogs this board only speaks up when they are questioned we need proper fan representation which we do not have.
Our hands are tied to a certain extent due to SFA/SPFL rules but there comes a time when you have to make a stand. If you have the relevant evidence then you have to go for it.

SPFL have just emailed all clubs confirming "all clubs" have agreed to a renewed deal with cinch.

Will send the screengrab in a sec, but the release says all clubs have agreed it

If we haven't approved it or there turns out to be an issue, it's not on me - only going by what's on the release.

SPFL negotiates new cinch deal​

Press Release: 15 June 2022
The SPFL have agreed a revised title sponsorship deal with cinch, effective immediately, which protects cinch’s pivotal investment into Scottish football.
Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPFL, said: “Under the terms of the revised cinch contract, Rangers are no longer required to participate by providing the sponsorship inventory that they have so far not provided, whilst, crucially, the overall income to Scottish football is expected to remain materially unchanged over the original five-year term of the sponsorship.
“This revised package has now been approved by cinch Premiership Clubs.
“It’s extremely good news that we have been able to work with our partners at cinch to develop an updated sponsorship package which delivers the same level of financial support to Scottish football, whilst providing additional SPFL media assets to cinch to compensate for loss of Rangers-related rights. It is testament to the strength of our relationship with cinch, and the high value they place on it, that they have agreed to move forward with us on this basis.
“This deal gives us further confidence that we will exceed our budget and deliver fees to Clubs of more than £27.5 million for Season 2021/22.”
Murdoch MacLennan, chairman of the SPFL, added: “This is a great outcome for the entire game in Scotland. Our friends at cinch have been brilliant to deal with throughout this whole process.
“There is so much to celebrate in the SPFL as cinch and our clubs look forward with excitement to the launch of the 2022/23 fixture list this Friday.”
A spokesman for cinch said: “We welcome the evolution of our agreement with the SPFL and are proud of our continued investment into Scottish football across all four cinch SPFL leagues. We are very much looking forward to next season and to continuing the stellar growth of our business in Scotland."

Maybe all the clubs that took part have renewed excluding the Mighty??

Only other way we sign that off is if there is hard cash coming our way

The SPFL have agreed a revised title sponsorship deal with cinch, effective immediately, which protects cinch’s pivotal investment into Scottish football.
Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPFL, said: “Under the terms of the revised cinch contract, Rangers are no longer required to participate by providing the sponsorship inventory that they have so far not provided, whilst, crucially, the overall income to Scottish football is expected to remain materially unchanged over the original five-year term of the sponsorship.
“It’s extremely good news that we have been able to work with our partners at cinch to develop an updated sponsorship package which delivers the same level of financial support to Scottish football, whilst providing additional SPFL media assets to cinch to compensate for loss of Rangers-related rights. It is testament to the strength of our relationship with cinch, and the high value they place on it, that they have agreed to move forward with us on this basis.
“This deal gives us further confidence that we will exceed our budget and deliver fees to Clubs of more than £27.5 million for Season 2021/22.”
Murdoch MacLennan, chairman of the SPFL, added: “This is a great outcome for the entire game in Scotland. Our friends at cinch have been brilliant to deal with throughout this whole process.
“There is so much to celebrate in the SPFL as cinch and our clubs look forward with excitement to the launch of the 2022/23 fixture list this Friday.”
A spokesman for cinch said: “We welcome the evolution of our agreement with the SPFL and are proud of our continued investment into Scottish football across all four cinch SPFL leagues. We are very much looking forward to next season and to continuing the stellar growth of our business in Scotland."
To summarise:

"Rangers were right"

Under the terms of the revised cinch contract, Rangers are no longer required to participate by providing the sponsorship inventory that they have so far not provided....

....delivers the same level of financial support to Scottish football, whilst providing additional SPFL media assets to cinch to compensate for loss of Rangers-related rights

Looks like a clear win for Rangers here. No news or indication that they might fine us for failing to comply last season so I take it the deal is effectively backdated? So no reduction in what cinch pay and Rangers continue about our business as if cinch didn't exist.

That reads to me as we had to renegotiate with The sponsors due to big bad Rangers not playing.

But don’t worry people, we won’t let them ruin it.

Almost like it is their wee gig and the party poopers won’t spoil our wee gig.

Incompetent fann ys should have done their home work before pushing this through.

@rseh0les

Last edited:
Going by that quote from square heed, terms were changed because we won't (and shouldn't) budge and cinch have reduced their payments.

Another masterstroke. Scottish Football moves onto its next calamity.
I thought it read that they have thrown more stuff at Cinch to keep the same price.

We get money for doing nothing which will still annoy the f.u.c.k out of all of them

So going by Doncaster's statement we are no longer involved in the sponsorship and Cinch have been compensated because we won't participate? Am I reading that right?

Another statement from the powers that be running our game making us out to be the bad guys where they messed up, or am I being an idiot and not seeing it?

We might be exempt from the deal, but this still makes it very unlikely that we’ll be allowed to win the league if we’re not part of the deal.

I'll wait for the clubs statement on this, to see if its a win or not? On the surface looks like we got our way.

Under the terms of the revised cinch contract, Rangers are no longer required to participate by providing the sponsorship inventory that they have so far not provided....

....delivers the same level of financial support to Scottish football, whilst providing additional SPFL media assets to cinch to compensate for loss of Rangers-related rights

Looks like a clear win for Rangers here. No news or indication that they might fine us for failing to comply last season so I take it the deal is effectively backdated? So no reduction in what cinch pay and Rangers continue about our business as if cinch didn't exist.
Though I do wonder if they will exclude us completely, i.e. Rangers don't get their slice of the cinch pie - as meagre as it is.

I'm sure we will hear soon enough.

Looks like they can’t beat us in court.

That reads like we will continue to have nothing to do with cinch, and our 'share' will go to the other clubs.

I think they'll go bust within 18 months anyway.

But the other clubs have to bend over some more. So the other clubs have been shafted further due to Doncaster's %^*& up.

No idea. If we're not part of the deal then it sets a precedent for Rangers being excluded from other joint SPFL income streams.

At least I hope it does. Then we can negotiate our own TV deal.
That's messy though. Just feels wrong and if, again big if, we are disadvantaged financially I don't see it as a win at all. I'm just sick of all the fighting. We are being treated as pariahs imo.

Back