Cinch deal

That's messy though. Just feels wrong and if, again big if, we are disadvantaged financially I don't see it as a win at all. I'm just sick of all the fighting. We are being treated as pariahs imo.

Wrong went out the window in 2012. We've tried to build bridges since, tried to reform the game, been blocked every time.

Scorched earth for me. These idiots have held us back for too long.

SPFL negotiates new cinch deal​

Press Release: 15 June 2022
The SPFL have agreed a revised title sponsorship deal with cinch, effective immediately, which protects cinch’s pivotal investment into Scottish football.
Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPFL, said: “Under the terms of the revised cinch contract, Rangers are no longer required to participate by providing the sponsorship inventory that they have so far not provided, whilst, crucially, the overall income to Scottish football is expected to remain materially unchanged over the original five-year term of the sponsorship.
“This revised package has now been approved by cinch Premiership Clubs.
“It’s extremely good news that we have been able to work with our partners at cinch to develop an updated sponsorship package which delivers the same level of financial support to Scottish football, whilst providing additional SPFL media assets to cinch to compensate for loss of Rangers-related rights. It is testament to the strength of our relationship with cinch, and the high value they place on it, that they have agreed to move forward with us on this basis.
“This deal gives us further confidence that we will exceed our budget and deliver fees to Clubs of more than £27.5 million for Season 2021/22.”
Murdoch MacLennan, chairman of the SPFL, added: “This is a great outcome for the entire game in Scotland. Our friends at cinch have been brilliant to deal with throughout this whole process.
“There is so much to celebrate in the SPFL as cinch and our clubs look forward with excitement to the launch of the 2022/23 fixture list this Friday.”
A spokesman for cinch said: “We welcome the evolution of our agreement with the SPFL and are proud of our continued investment into Scottish football across all four cinch SPFL leagues. We are very much looking forward to next season and to continuing the stellar growth of our business in Scotland."
Just admit you fckd up and walk.

Less of this trying to save face! Fckn tw@ts

'the overall income to Scottish football is expected to remain materially unchanged over the original five-year term of the sponsorship.'

That part is strangely worded. If it's the same then why not just say that? And why is the word 'expected' being used here, surely they know how much there will be?

What a mess

Doesn’t fill me with too much confidence given that the powers that be wont be any less “comfortable” if we win league and no assets from their partners on show

If reading that right we no longer need to have anything to do with cinch sponsorship with any issue attached to it

And cinch have give additional media assets to make for any financial loss by not having us involved

If reading that right we no longer need to have anything to do with cinch sponsorship with any issue attached to it

And cinch have give additional media assets to make for any financial loss by not having us involved
Do we recieve any money from that deal if we are not participating in it is now the big question.

Reads like cinch are sponsoring a league which only affects 41 of 42 clubs.

Effectively denying Rangers sponsorship income for being part of the league.....

I don't see this as being the end of this.

It reads as though Cinch are paying a lesser amount - the difference being the money that would have gone to a 42nd team. It doesn't, therefore, affect the monies going to the other 41. In addition, they've been given more advertising avenues.

It's just another example of poor governance. How the other teams simply accept this is beyond me. At what point do they wonder what they're getting from their 400k 'figurehead'.

So they go ahead with how it was last season, its just now that it's contractual. I'm hoping the club haven't sacrificed any part of the fee we are due as a member club.

Amazing how shit this county's football governing bodies are but remain in power.

Dealing with a company that is complicit in the dumbing down of Britain and which ignores basic grammar by not using a capital for the first letter in its name.

Not using their example and sticking to the normal rules, Doncaster and MacLennan are still C@nts!

So going by Doncaster's statement we are no longer involved in the sponsorship and Cinch have been compensated because we won't participate? Am I reading that right?

Another statement from the powers that be running our game making us out to be the bad guys where they messed up, or am I being an idiot and not seeing it?
That's how I read it, but also a bit concerning we couldn't provide evidence

Seems a compromise on both sides

It reads as though Cinch are paying a lesser amount - the difference being the money that would have gone to a 42nd team. It doesn't, therefore, affect the monies going to the other 41. In addition, they've been given more advertising avenues.

It's just another example of poor governance. How the other teams simply accept this is beyond me. At what point do they wonder what they're getting from their 400k 'figurehead'.
They say they have given them more things to retain the payment terms.

"cinch to develop an updated sponsorship package which delivers the same level of financial support to Scottish football, whilst providing additional SPFL media assets to cinch to compensate for loss of Rangers-related rights"

The bottom line is that cinch have got more publicity out of this conflict than they would have got if we had just accepted the original deal. The fact that we won't be showing their branding will be highlighted every time the contract is renewed.

In the meantime cinch will still throw larger sums at English Premier League teams.

They say they have given them more things to retain the payment terms.

"cinch to develop an updated sponsorship package which delivers the same level of financial support to Scottish football, whilst providing additional SPFL media assets to cinch to compensate for loss of Rangers-related rights"

The finances to individual clubs don't change, it's just the overall amount given a share no longer goes to Rangers.

Given we're the biggest club in the country, it's a significant loss hence the SPFL giving out more of their own assets.

That's how I read it. Either way, it further highlights how poorly the game is run. I wonder if the upcoming Deloitte report will make any reference.

Back