The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afew new players in for pre season starting woulda been good doesnt look like that will happen now lets hope we don’t make the same mistake as last season with the qaulifiers

I really wasn't a fan of Wright. However, he's starting to impress in certain areas of the game. I still don't think he should be a starting eleven player, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. He's certainly improved with getting game time. And the improvement in Bassey through getting a consistent run of games shows the importance that is on a player's development.

I'd still like to see us sign a first choice right winger because I'm not yet convinced he's the answer. But he could still be used in rotation to manage players like Kent, Hagi and the new signings playing time to avoid injuries and maintain match sharpness. And maybe force his way into the plans.

IF this was true, it would change our transfer outlook considerably.

Lets pretend it is true, what would need to actually progress and improve the team?

- striker
- right sided attacker
- box to box midfielder

Striker, Winger and Goalie for me.

Lowry, Aribo, Davis and Hagi all broadly fit that criteria with support from Kamara, Jack, Lundstrum and Sands. With Arfield and McCann spare. We already have two starting 11 midfield propositions.

With that in mind I think it would be fair to say if we want a number 8 someone would have to go.

Don't think he's that good and is quite overrated does the same thing over and over again a very predictable playing style.

See if you focus on the things he is good at….

Energy.
Finishing
Work rate
Carrying the ball forward from midfield with driving runs
Majority of work he does on the ball goes forward
Constant desire to improve himself as a player for Rangers….

….rather than the few things he isn’t, you’d maybe realise he’s a decent player.

He has worked his arse off in training over the last year when things went against him for a period of time and didn’t get much time on the park through no fault of his own. He got the head down and worked his arse off even more and it’s no surprise he started the UEL Final for us.

Sometimes I think people in our support decide a player is shite from the off and won’t ever change their mind on it.

Energy.
Finishing
Work rate
Majority of work he does on the ball goes forward.….

Rather than the few things he isn’t, you’d maybe realise he’s a decent player.

He has worked his arse off in training over the last year when things went against him for a period of time and didn’t get much time on the park through no fault of his own. He got the head down and worked his arse off even more and it’s no surprise he started the UEL Final for us.

Plays on the half turn which I really like because it shows intent.

And he still offered more than Candeias in that position, Candeias was a fans favourite because he thumped the badge and worked hard.
Agreed.

Love Candeias.
The work rate. The clear love. The back heel (we all know which one).

But he'd get nowhere near this team. Like Andy Halliday and Lee McCulloch, he will be forever welcomed back, but will never be anywhere near discussions for "greatest 11".

But he was an important step in the right direction on our road to recovery which ultimately led to 55 and a Europa League final within 10 years of "the event".

Aribo, Hagi and even Lowry would all do reasonably well there so cant see us bringing in a player for that Area.

A genuine quality RW in the mould of kent owuld open alot of doors for us imo, The loan signing of Diallo imo shows me that GVB will want a player in that mould for that position. We just got Diallo maybe a wee bit too early
I'd have Diallo back on a seasons loan, granted he fucked it a couple of times last season but there is definitely a good player in there.

I don't think he has the consistency or game intelligence to play the top level games. He done a shift in the EL absolute no doubt about that, but to me his off the ball play just doesn't belong at that level nor is his end product reliable enough to be trusted in those games.

Against the likes of Motherwell etc in the league to give Kent or so a break? He can be very useful, if coached properly. His end product is improving clearly, but he needs to get away from the whole playing well off the bench but going missing whenever he starts.
Yeah I take your point pal…I’m not saying he’s ready just now to be our main attacking threat down the right hand side but I think if he’s giving a run of games I’ve a feeling he could be very useful.

I remember Steven Naismith’s first 2 seasons with us & he was poor + injured a lot then in his 3rd season he was brilliant & one of our main players.

Give Wright time & I hope he can become a success with us. I seen things during the last 2/3 months of season to suggest to me he’s a player.

People are getting frustrated we are sleepwalking into these qualifiers again.

Our strikers won’t be match fit for these games imo

We need action we need players settled asap and up to match speed

Our first Qualifier is on the 2nd or 3rd of August mate.

It's only 15th June. We have 7 weeks until then. No sleepwalking is happening right now.

Only hysterical OTT nonsense from the fans.

Our first Qualifier is on the 2nd or 3rd of August mate.

It's only 15th June. We have 7 weeks until then. No sleepwalking is happening right now.

Only hysterical OTT nonsense from the fans.

There’s time I agree

But history tells us the earlier we are organised and up to speed the better chance we have

Just look at last pre season - utter shambles

There’s time I agree

But history tells us the earlier we are organised and up to speed the better chance we have

Just look at last pre season - utter shambles

I agree about being organised but the players won't return to pre season I would assume sometime towards the end of this month.

Now isn't time to panic.

But please also factor in suspensions against Malmo last year which had a big influence on us following the Slavia Prague game

I agree about being organised but the players won't return to pre season I would assume sometime towards the end of this month.

Now isn't time to panic.

But please also factor in suspensions against Malmo last year which had a big influence on us following the Slavia Prague game
27th.

IIRC pre season starts on the 27th June

12 days away

I’d say remain calm but if we have no new signings in the door for the 27th then it’s understandable that fans will worry we’ll be getting a repeat of last summer with regards to new signings and the CL qualifiers

Our current squad is more than capable of reaching the CL. We just took part in the Europa League final.

Energy.
Finishing
Work rate
Majority of work he does on the ball goes forward
Constant desire to improve himself as a player for Rangers….

….rather than the few things he isn’t, you’d maybe realise he’s a decent player.

Sometimes I think people in our support decide a player is shite from the off and won’t ever change their mind on it.
Right? If we compare to some of the absolute dross we’ve had in wide positions in recent years, Scott is more than an able deputy at the very least.

Forrester, Jones, Grezda, Barker, Ojo, Middleton, Oduwa, etc.

Christ.

Our current squad is more than capable of reaching the CL. We just took part in the Europa League final.
Football simply doesn’t work like that.

This starting eleven and squad need refreshed physically and mentality. They’ve been going to the well for 60 odd games a season for 4/5 years now.

People need to stop making excuses for the board.

We need players and we need them pretty quick before pre-season starts in less than a fortnight.

Could have sworn hearing similar after winning 55 … then we failed at the first hurdle against Malmo

The EL final has masked some issues in the squad.

The majority of this squad have delivered only 2 trophies in 3 years, could even say 4 if you count Gerrards first season.

It needs new additions in the first 11.

Morelos, hagi, helander will all still be missing. Roofe's injury situation unknown but hasn't featured much this year at all. Itten and balogun gone.

We need players in.
As it stands, we have 1 reliable centre half of good quality.

Souttar and Helander are injury prone and King is still a young lad.

We have one striker in Morelos who’s recovering from a muscle injury. He only has 1 striker for competition in Roofe who is also injury prone

It’s mind boggling that some genuinely think the squad is fine as it is for CL qualifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back