The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a quick search of Zak Lovelace on twitter and Millwall fans seem pissed off Lovelace is coming to us, probably in much the same way we’d be if Lowry left instead of signing his new deal, still a good sign I suppose.

I think he will be a good signing

That guy is the king of propaganda on Twitter though

Clips a gif of somebody playing a 5 yard pass and thinks he’s world class.

Bacuna and Zungu were pushed to the moon by him and he just bangs on about somebody almost trying to convince himself he’s right instead of admitting they were shite

Think it was a Swedish based member that called him that. I can't comment as I've seen him twice.

Čolak is 187 cm tall which offers him an advantage in the aerial duels, but given his height, he is not slow cause he regularly runs over defenders. Operates as a central attacker, but likes to drift wide to get the ball in half-

I like this part; ...doesn’t hesitate to shoot.
We'll soon knock that out of him if he signs :rolleyes:

I think he will be a good signing

That guy is the king of propaganda on Twitter though

Clips a gif of somebody playing a 5 yard pass and thinks he’s world class.

Bacuna and Zungu were pushed to the moon by him and he just bangs on about somebody almost trying to convince himself he’s right instead of admitting they were shite

Loves a GIF that yin

The return is good but are the leagues he done well in better than what he would be joining? Is the Greek league a better standard than the 2 he has a good record in and that's why he's struggled to get game time there?
It's not a high scoring league and only one of the PAOK team managed to get double figure goals last season.

What's the point in renewing guys like this? I've genuinely never understood it.

We kept the likes of Hardie and Barjonas on one year extensions until they were about 22/23 and still classed as "youngsters", despite knowing they'd never really get a game for us.

Boy looks decent he will get a full season at a good level with Kilmarnock paying at least some of his wages it’s a low risk move.

Connot see how a lad thats made his debut in a brute of a league like the championship at 15 is coming to play against boys in the lowland league. Just cant see it. Dont think hes gonna make 40 starts for us but canny see him playing lowland league
At 16 and a handful of first team appearances there is no chance he’s straight into the first team squad so where else can he go?

Well if Botheim does 70/80% of what Buf has done he will be very successful. However I’d prefer him to replace Roofe.

His goals & stats are good but too injury prone as has been stated.
I suspect Botheim will command a good wage so we wouldn’t be able to keep all 3

I think most of us are thankful DJT. How many would put millions of their own cash in ?

In saying that, they’re not perfect. Oz was nearly a disaster, and we do need them to give us hope for next season with a few quality signings & replacements.

I think things are in motion, so I would rather judge later in the window ?

Patience is a virtue. A few could learn from that. The negativity is utterly incessant. Even when people have valid concerns repeating the same schtick every minute of every day is tedious.

Well if Botheim does 70/80% of what Buf has done he will be very successful. However I’d prefer him to replace Roofe.

His goals & stats are good but too injury prone as has been stated.
Are we even looking at Botheim? I know his names been on here for about 2 weeks but nothing at all reliable from any source saying we have

We wont know until we see him play a season in the top flight , he could well have an outstanding season and be part of our plans next season
The thing with those types of opinions aswell is, they don't realise that not every player needs to be a star. We need squad players aswell. We also need players who can come in and do a job when needed, but are fine being out the team 75% of the time.

With how freakishly fit Goldson is, we don't need to be paying £15/20k a week on 4th choice CBs. Bringing back a homegrown lad, on tiny wages as 4th choice CB could save us a fortune short and long term.

If Mayo can kick on and develop to a level as a back up, it would massively help our homegrown situation. Especially as we are probably losing McCrorie as our long term back up.

If we are faced with a derisory £7m oor he runs his contract down we will be taking the £7m.

People who think otherwise are kidding themselves.

Lets hope we get a fairer price.

...........& yet to adequately replace him would IMO potentially cost pretty close to - if not a lot more than - £7M

If he stays without renewing & were to maintain his best form (a big risk I know) - for the entire season - then that could be worth close to £7M - even considering some of the extortionate loan fees for example

Keeping Alfie at the very least means there's no bedding in period both on & off the pitch required for any replacement(s)
If Alfie staying is a risk - replacing him could so easily be a bigger risk

I'd certainly prefer to have him ( at his best of course ) than see some cheeky cheapskate chunts steal him at £7M

If he runs down his contract - then he gets to choose where he goes
Presumably he's also got more incentive to impress prospective employers during what would be his last season with us

I'd be gutted to see him leave for nothing & of course it could hurt our finances - but like I said above - I'm not sure £7M is worth it

Loaned to Thistle for a year: he might catch the eye of a lower SPL team.

Loaned to Killie for a year: he might get into the rangers and Scotland squads.

It's a no brainer for all involved.
Exactly as horrible a job as McIness would have done for us. At a team like Killie, he will do a very good job. He's a good manager for that level and has helped develop quite a few players while at Aberdeen. As long as he plays, it has the potential to be avery good loan.

Goldson was the one still trying to score in the last minute of that game.

If people actually understood what he was saying it was about standards, accepting culpability and not being f*cking stupid enough to go 3-0 down in the first place.
He had the mindset that the game was done at HT. End of

At 16 and a handful of first team appearances there is no chance he’s straight into the first team squad so where else can he go?
I think he will train daily with the 1st team i also think he will be part of the 1st team squad. Absolute unit of a boy

Can you name the 4-5 games he cost us last season?
The league games all meld together but he has caused us to give up quite a few chances by not clearing his lines at low crosses.

The Europa League final was the prime example of it.

Goldson is a very good CB though. Could we get better? Probably but it would cost us a significant amount of money to bring in better.

Don’t know who this is on Twitter but it got a chuckle from me

To be fair the sarcasm is highly warranted.

Lundstrum - hardly needed scouted
Hagi - hardly needed scouted
Ramsey - if we did scout him then the less said the better
Sakala - give them that one
Sands - hardly needed scouted
Roofe - hardly needed scouted
Balagun - well knows through the British game see above
Bassey - give them that one

I mean you could go on and on but I would love a proper insight to our scouting department as IMO it’s way below standards required

Don't criticise goldson on here. He only costs us 4-5 times a season, usually in the most important games but we can't get any better apparently.
If you think you can find a centre half for 3.5m who outperforms some of Europe’s hottest prospects in terms of the important stats why don’t you hand your CV to Ross Wilson?

Tiring bashing the players constantly

So your original point was nonsense, you change tact and ask a question that has nothing to do with your original point, ok.
Was it? We didn't strengthen properly in January while our opponents did.
How did that turn out for us?
Do you seriously think we had a good January window?

Best way to look at the morelos situation - would you pay 7 million to have him on loan for a season? If not take the money and invest elsewhere.

Nonsense. The season we won the league Morelos barely kicked his arse until around Jan-Feb and the league was already done.

Tav and Roofe scored the important goals that season to get the league won in the Autumn-Winter months.

I wouldn’t like to see this squad go a full season without Morelos. Certainly can’t see it winning the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back