The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving morelos aside for what will become the obvious reason, given that Aribo and Kent have still to agree contract extensions, I would imagine that so far Rangers are offering below their ceiling wage to both players (otherwise of course they would be for sale since the conversations would have no further place to go if they were rejecting our ceiling wage). I do understand, it might not all be about money, but if indeed this is the case, my question is, are rangers doing the correct thing, risking losing both players for free, or do they both deserve to be offered the maximum wage, given that Rangers value them highly from a sales point of view, and given that both players have played crucial parts in winning 55 and reaching the europa league final, and are both a mainstay of the team? Thoughts?

Another issue is - if they were to extend their contracts any bids would then have to be much higher than for players in their final year

That way - we still don't guarantee keeping them - but we should be able to guarantee getting a better fee for them -
Which in turn gives us more to spend on replacements

It's also a deterrent to paltry bids meantime & wards off the cheapskates
Letting any of our players go for a pittance gives other clubs the impression we're a soft touch driving down potential values of others

Allowing contracts to get this near to expiry with so many key players is the crime here IMO

Or hands tied by Mr Park?
I do wonder how it all works behind the scenes. Our costs are going to be around £80m + this year. I’d imagine he is under pressure to reduce costs and can’t hand out the new contracts like he might want to. No sporting director wants to let players run down a contract on their watch. Players also need decent payrises as an incentive to sign up for longer.

I’ve asked so many times about why this account is trusted. I’ve never understood it either. A general football site but Twitter dedicated to Rangers - can someone please explain?

David Edgar regularly does validate that the account is credible, but yet to be convinced? Maybe got Goldson correct?
I have no idea who runs the 4th Official account, but the Bear who is associated with the podcast and interviewed Firth last week has his own twitter and has lost his mind on transfers.

With the number of years remaining on Kamara's contract I can't see him going for cheap.

I imagine the focus is on Morelos, Kent, Aribo, Bassey, and potential arrivals.

There is no need to focus on negotiations for Kamara. There will be a price already agreed that if it's bid we will accept. Until that's made I can't see us entertaining negotiations with so much else to concentrate on.

Glen is contracted to us until summer 2025 and some folk here are saying they'd gladly accept £12m for him.

Fùcking lunatics.
The scum have him on their books they’d be wanting a lot more than 15 million and so would their rancid fans.

Every single one of our players to devalue them from our own fans it’s either shite about his contract,his age or the league he plays in.
Blows the mind tbh

Go read the article from the athletic on our game. Our Europa League run sadly means nothing to them. They think very little of the Scottish game.

If Morelos or Roofe are fit, Kamara is on the bench. Kamara goes to CAM and Morelos or Roofe upfront.

The Athletic is full of self importance guff.
An absolute joke of a publication.

It claims the Bundesliga is in decline, so as to downplay our outstanding achievements against RB and Dortmund, yet conveniently ignores middle of the table Eintracht pishing all over 7th placed in the EPL home and away in the semi final.

Some folk on here literally wish our top players away and it’s starting to really get on my tits tbh

Its brutal mate. We just got to a European final. We dont need major surgery. Ideally, we would like to sell the fringe players and add that money to the existing budget to find upgrades.

People trying to give away key players, for relative buttons, is crazy to me. Everyone on here accepts we are a selling club, but jesus, we are also trying to build something as well.

Another issue is - if they were to extend their contracts any bids would then have to be much higher than for players in their final year

That way - we still don't guarantee keeping them - but we should be able to guarantee getting a better fee for them -
Which in turn gives us more to spend on replacements

It's also a deterrent to paltry bids meantime & wards off the cheapskates
Letting any of our players go for a pittance gives other clubs the impression we're a soft touch driving down potential values of others

Allowing contracts to get this near to expiry with so many key players is the crime here IMO
Agreed……in a way that’s what I’m getting at…..if they had been offered their top and only offer we would know where we stand at the moment (and a lot sooner). As it stands, we don’t know if the club are playing chicken with their offers, gambling they will eventually reach a sum suitable to everyone

Last edited:
I'll hold my hands up, I've made a bit of a lady's front bottom of myself with my stand on Kamara. I got shit wrong and took a stand on wrong information.

I stand by I think we'll struggle to get £15 million for Kamara but I made stupid arguments for it.

The thing that could drive it up though is Kamara is homegrown nation in England. I forgot about that until later on. Tbh that means a great deal in England due to the squad registrations (they need 8 HG for their 25 man squad) for every club in the Prem and drives up prices massively. It's why Grealish, Maguire, etc went well over their actual value. It's why Bassey will break the Scottish transfer record by a wide distance.

So who knows we could get £15 million.

Last edited:
He's got 3 years left on his contract, just been in a European final and is a mainstay in the Finish national team and you think we should accept 10m, really?
100% mate! That's what people are missing about the Morelos valuation too, the French U21 " player that left them for Crystal Palace in the last year of his contract for circa £14m but a Colombian full international with so many European goals would go for €8m Euros? Laughable.

It claims the Bundesliga is in decline, so as to downplay our outstanding achievements against RB and Dortmund, yet conveniently ignores middle of the table Eintracht pishing all over 7th placed in the EPL home and away in the semi final.
It was the english scout who said that. Not the Athletic, they just printed what he said.

That was kind of my point. The English clubs have a very low opinion of up here. The clubs seem to have an extreme arrogance about the English league.

The 'agents' in that article, if they really exist, came across as clueless arrogant wanks. I mean they had the cheek to say the German national side was on the decline, then Hungary go and thrash England.

Kamara is a full international who impresses just about every time at that level, he shines in Europe for us, he is on a long contract, he classes as English trained, there is apparently EPL interest yet we have , ahem, Rangers fans on here trying to talk down his value .

I'll hold my hands up, I've made a bit of a lady's front bottom of myself with my stand on Kamara. I got shit wrong and took a stand on wrong information.

I stand by I think we'll struggle to get £15 million for Kamara but I made stupid arguments for it.

The thing that could drive it up though is Kamara is homegrown nation in England. I forgot about that until later on. Tbh that means a great deal in England due to the squad regenerations (they need 8 HG for their 25 man squad) for every club in the Prem and drives up prices massively. It's why Grealish, Maguire, etc went well over their actual value. It's why Bassey will break the Scottish transfer record by a wide distance.
This is rare

Someone holding their hands up

I have not read your prior messages, and I have no intention to

But what I will commend is your ability to be self aware and concede the point for the sake of integrity

That was genuinely refreshing to read and shows what kinda person you are

Top man

100% mate! That's what people are missing about the Morelos valuation too, the French U21 " player that left them for Crystal Palace in the last year of his contract for circa £14m but a Colombian full international with so many European goals would go for €8m Euros? Laughable.
A large chunk of our support are blinded by what happened to us in 2012 and since then, if we want to be a big club we have to behave and conduct like one. Some in our support would have you think we're a mid table club desperate to get rid of players for a measly amount

Some folk on here literally wish our top players away and it’s starting to really get on my tits tbh
Some on here would sell our players for peanuts
Kamara Morelos Kent or whoever else attracts interest from other clubs were they to leave will go for a lot more than the pish figures that some are posting on here

The 'agents' in that article, if they really exist, came across as clueless arrogant wanks. I mean they had the cheek to say the German national side was on the decline, then Hungary go and thrash England.

Kamara is a full international who impresses just about every time at that level, he shines in Europe for us, he is on a long contract, he classes as English trained, there is apparently EPL interest yet we have , ahem, Rangers fans on here trying to talk down his value .
Tbh I did think Scout 8 was a massive Celtic fan.

I mean isn't that the point. The English top league and the fans of their clubs have extremely arrogant and dismissive viewpoints on football outside England.

You just need to look at punditry to any English club vs even a top tier European side. Real were shite and out since playing Chelsea.

Interest in Morelos, Kamara and Aribo?

It's both potentially troubling and exciting if anything happens. Replacing key starters is tough, but it would generate a LOT of money to try and do so.

This is rare

Someone holding their hands up

I have not read your prior messages, and I have no intention to

But what I will commend is your ability to be self aware and concede the point for the sake of integrity

That was genuinely refreshing to read and shows what kinda person you are

Top man

Was about to post similar

Very refreshing and beats the “TLDR” and “Stan” nonsense we are enduring!

It's both potentially troubling and exciting if anything happens. Replacing key starters is tough, but it would generate a LOT of money to try and do so.
Just imagine if all three were sold on this window.There could be in the region of £30 million in the coffers.Enough to make a real splash into the transfer market for Gio.

Last edited:
Reactions: KL2

We had some well respected posters trying to tell us that £7m for Morelos wasn’t a disaster last night.

The mind boggles.

Your logic is absolute bollocks.

He was starting in that EL final regardless of who was fit.

He's a player who'd slot in and be an asset right away for a team like Brighton.

If they buy locally they'd be spending double that on a similar player.

What reason would we undersell a player in that situation?
This man speaks sense.

The worry would be replacing them all at once, but I'd assume that's why McGregor, Davis, Arfield were all renewed. To try and keep a good solid dressing room core. Of we lose any of Morelos, Kamara, Aribo or Kent it won't just be their influence on the field we lose it's in the dressing room and training ground we lose their influence aswell.

Reactions: KL2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back