The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the £10 million release clause reported a while back accurate? Seems a weird clause to add in the final season.

Hopefully it isn't and we can't start a bidding war.
Heart & Hand reported that but a few others said it before they did too, isn’t too strange to be honest.

Just imagine if all three were sold on this window.There could be in the region of £30 in the coffers.Enough to make a real splash into the transfer market for Gio.

If all three were to go, you'd hope to bring in about £35m (Kamara and Alfredo £12m+ and even in his final year I'd think Aribo could fetch £10m).

A slow start to the window could get very interesting.

We had some well respected posters trying to tell us that £7m for Morelos wasn’t a disaster last night.

The mind boggles.
I'm making a prediction about Kamara but I still think we'd get 10 million at the minimum.

At £7 million it would cost more to replace Morelos at that value. At £7 million we'd be better letting Morelos contract run down. We'd have a better chance of making the champions league and winning the league than what we could buy, with the £4/5 million we'd probably get to spend from that £7 million fee.

Tbh I did think Scout 8 was a massive Celtic fan.

I mean isn't that the point. The English top league and the fans of their clubs have extremely arrogant and dismissive viewpoints on football outside England.

You just need to look at punditry to any English club vs even a top tier European side. Real were shite and out since playing Chelsea.

Yes that's true and I agree he did come across as a Tim, if he was even a real person!

You'd think that the arrogance would be tempered when there's the chance to make money, but they came across like they were trained by Paul Merson!

Is the £10 million release clause reported a while back accurate? Seems a weird clause to add in the final season.

Hopefully it isn't and we can't start a bidding war.
I heard H & H a while back and this clause (maximum sale value in the final year of his contract) was inserted when we first signed Aribo and remains in place - at the time we signed him 10m for him would have seemed miles away

It is apparently a fact

I think if Aribo had a 10 million clause it would’ve been accepted by now even if it only came into play a couple of weeks ago. For a player of his calibre 10 million is nothing, there would be teams all over him for that.

I heard H & H a while back and this clause (maximum sale value in the final year of his contract) was inserted when we first signed Aribo and remains in place - at the time we signed him 10m for him would have seemed miles away

It is apparently a fact

I'm 99.9% sure they did not say that.

They said along the lines that due his contract situation they would be surprised if we got more than £10m

This was also months ago, before he scored in the Europa final showcasing his versatility, and played more games than anybody else in the world

They said along the lines that due his contract situation they would be surprised if we got more than £10m

This was also months ago, before he scored in the Europa final showcasing his versatility, and played more games than anybody else in the world
I’m 99.9% sure they did say that :))

It was the english scout who said that. Not the Athletic, they just printed what he said.

That was kind of my point. The English clubs have a very low opinion of up here. The clubs seem to have an extreme arrogance about the English league.

It's a nonsense article though and not the first by that publication.

As @Tagsbear said, the "agent" is more likely the mythical type.

They'd maybe be better analysing why the 2 full backs in the side that finished 2nd in the now 2 horse race EPL, sold the jerseys in the Champions League Final, as opposed to talking down Bassey's value.

Aribo would be at another club by now if he had a £10m release clause.

Seems like a rumour that got out of hand, but maybe I’m wrong.

Heart & Hand reported that but a few others said it before they did too, isn’t too strange to be honest.
I always thought release clause were usually early doors of a contract. Tbh It's the first time I've heard of it activating in the last season.

It's a shame if true. If he goes for that release clause, then I hope he does ridiculously well.

Any player that leaves us, to go to a top 5 league. We should all be hoping they do ridiculously well. The better these players do in top 5 leagues, the more it will start to show we are a place to come and get talent that can easily "step up". This is a good thing as it allows us to then demand higher fees due to our previous successes.

By step up I mean in league terms not club.

That was a great midfield.

I preferred the one just before that, that was Laudrup, Gascoigne, Albertz, and one other (Ferguson/Miller/McCall). I'm probably missing a couple of players.

We could afford real quality back then Mark.

Quite interesting that, although we were pretty much in the CL, which is obviously harder, we never quite showed the same consistency in Europe as we have this last 4 years.

The Athletic is full of self importance guff.
An absolute joke of a publication.

It claims the Bundesliga is in decline, so as to downplay our outstanding achievements against RB and Dortmund, yet conveniently ignores middle of the table Eintracht pishing all over 7th placed in the EPL home and away in the semi final.
The Athletic interviewed 8 scouts and presented their thoughts. Therefore not sure it’s self importance guff. We laugh at the pretend journalists at the record and then say the good publications is self important guff…

"Approaching 27" He turns 27 a few months into the season. Again read back.

I do want it to be the case. I just think people need to be realistic. If we get £15 million, I'll be delighted. I just think it will be closer to £10 million.

Folk can bid closer to £10m if they want. This ain't freekin eBay. We are under no obligation to sell.

Don't believe me: Head down to the nearest Aston Martin garage if you want. You'll get a bargain I'm sure.
"Hey, I don't see anyone else offering you money for the vantage today. You wanna make a sale or not? It's £24.67p final offer, and I want the floor mats included too! Why are you laughing?!?"

Last edited:
Yes that's true and I agree he did come across as a Tim, if he was even a real person!

You'd think that the arrogance would be tempered when there's the chance to make money, but they came across like they were trained by Paul Merson!
The over estimation of the championship really annoyed me. Outside of the top clubs who are mostly yoyo clubs, it isn't a great level.

It wasn't in the article but I've seen a lot of stuff that consider the championship a high end league.

Some nutters on here or unwashed. We have players that are internationals and played in a major European final and outplayed top teams on the way and some are wanting them to go for button's.

The premiership teams pay £15m for unproven players at the drop of a hat. We need to demand the going rate for our top players.

Wild how people who value players at £15-20m get so annoyed at people who value players at £12m. The only valuation that matters is that of the winning bidder.

Tav is brilliant for us and will retire here, but the maximum bid we have had for him is £1.8m from West fucking Brom. Therefore in his scenario, if 3 years ago someone came in here saying how dare you not value him at £15-20m… their opinion really doesn’t matter because the maximum bid we had was 10% of that

No idea if the Aribo clause is true. What I will say is that I don't think the board should get grief for it if it is.

Aribo is outrageously talented but maddeningly inconsistent. £10m for a 26 year old we got from League one with a year on his deal isn't the worst deal in the world

Also, I can't forgive him for angering the football gods by properly going mental in Seville celebrating a goal for the first time with us. WHY DIDN'T YOU PLAY IT COOL JOE ?!?!?

We could afford real quality back then Mark.

Quite interesting that, although we were pretty much in the CL, which is obviously harder, we never quite showed the same consistency in Europe as we have this last 4 years.
It just shows the shift with big leagues becoming rich, rather than big clubs.

But very true, our last 4 years in Europe have been the best I've ever seen, but for some reason I have more affinity with the players of the 90's and early 00's.

The scum are said to be wanting 9 million for Turnbull.
And you’ve got guys on here saying they’d accept 10-12 for Kamara and 8-10 for Morelos :) :) :)
They won't get more than £6 million for Turnbull and that is being generous. He doesn't have the athleticism, work rate or stamina for a top league. He'll be Rogic 2.0 and be there for years, looking great against the dross but struggling beyond that.

No idea if the Aribo clause is true. What I will say is that I don't think the board should get grief for it if it is.

Aribo is outrageously talented but maddeningly inconsistent. £10m for a 26 year old we got from League one with a year on his deal isn't the worst deal in the world

Also, I can't forgive him for angering the football gods by properly going mental in Seville celebrating a goal for the first time with us. WHY DIDN'T YOU PLAY IT COOL JOE ?!?!?
I don’t think he would’ve came to us without a release clause of some sort, he rejected PL teams to come up here.

Reactions: SDF
I’ve seen the ‘maximum sale value’ mentioned a few times as if it’s a clause that’s been triggered now Aribo is in his final year, is that accurate or have H&H been misquoted?

It makes much more sense that they said something along the lines of ‘we’ll likely get 10M max given contract length’. But it’s posted on here as a contract clause that’s triggered.

I haven’t heard the episode so don’t know. But what would be the difference between a max contract value and a buy out clause?

@David Edgar can you shed any light?

He's rotated in and out of the team in a position that we're more than covered in. He'd be missed if he left. Pivotal player with the vision most others don't have.

His ability is often overlooked and is currently in his prime with at least 5 good years ahead of him.

If someone is knocking on our door wanting to buy him, we should be demanding that value.

I agree.

Kamara is a player I think we could build our midfield around. His intelligence on and off the ball is impressive, his work rate is good, he has the ability to retain possession and move the ball really well. I’d be very sorry to lose him.

That said, we need to trade players when they have a value and if Brighton are serious, we should be asking for £15-20m for a player with his talent, experience and length of contract.

I also happen to think he’d fit really well into a Brighton team coached by Graham Potter, a coach who likes to retain possession and move the ball, he’s impressed me and I reckon Kamara would be a real asset in that team.

You are correct. David Edgar did say we could aim for 10m but did not state this was a release clause figure.

I don’t think he would’ve came to us without a release clause of some sort, he rejected PL teams to come up here.
Gerrard& big signing on fee are factors but I do believe there is a clause that kicks in this summer

Not getting dragged into the craziness of this thread but to describe Kamara as a squad player is laughable.

Of all players right now in Scotland he’s the one best equipped to play at a higher level. Aribo and Bassey might have a higher ceiling but only seen it in flashes or in a short period.

Kamara has the technique, vision and composure to play at a level higher than anyone else in Scotland right now. Not to say we’ll get the highest price for him but he’s far from a ‘squad player’.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back