The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aribo goes with our best wishes.

He had a purple patch during last season where he dominated games. With the ability he has I thought he could have done it more consistently.

That being said he never looked out of place in the numerous positions he filled in.

His first touch is genuinely world class and sublime.

He will leave with memories that will last him his lifetime.

Hagi/Lowry/Arfield is more than suffice imo.

Doubtful.

Hagi won't be back until October and it will then probably take a month or two for him to be starting regularly, nevermind back to form - so that's Lowry and Arfield for half the season, including the CL qualifiers and European group stages.

We need to bring a replacement in.

Lowry will slowly be brought in this season between left wing and number 10, but I wouldn't expect him to start more than a handful of matches outside of the cups.

Well that's a serious downgrade and a massive gamble.

A player who won't be fit enough to start pre season training, after a serious knee injury and an 18 year old, who the manager hasn't trusted with a single minute against any top opposition.

Gio trusts Arfield, but I don't see him starting in our strongest 11.
More likely an impact sub, or covering injuries and suspensions.
Everything we do in the market is a massive gamble.

Not fussed about this because we need a changing of the guard and Aribo is a prime example but £10M is a crime.

A guy recovering from a serious injury that’s unlikely to kick a ball for us until later in 2022

A young lad just broken through

A guy in his mid-30’s fortunate to get a 1 year extension

It’s nowhere near sufficient to replace a guy that’s played 70 games this season and been a mainstay in our first 11 for 4 years
Was he all that when he arrived?

Aribo is one of the few midfielders that chips in with goals. He won’t be easy to replace.

Wonder if we would go for Ivanic from Red Star, he signed a new deal last summer but has excellent stats
Yes, 8 goals in the league last season we need that replaced.
Hagi/Lowry/Arfield is more than suffice imo.
Hagi may not be back, Lowry will get limited game time and still has a lot to work on to improve his game and Arfield last season looked done in.

Nah I don't buy that mate.

He regularly looked disinterested, put on the beef, stopped sprinting, barely scored and first part of last season looked like he had downed tools.

There's no doubt he's been much better since Gio came in but his issues were motivation and fitness not because he'd been asked to drop on and link the play up a bit.
In just about every season since he’s been with us there’s been a big chunk of it where he’s looked overweight and disinterested.

It’s a problem we then happily forget about when he finally decides he wants to play again and transforms back into the talismanic dynamo we all know and love.

It may also be part of the reason there’s never been a queue of clubs beating a path to our door for him.

For me, were it a choice of:

Aribo
Kent
Morelos
Kamara

Aribo is the obvious choice to sell
For me, Morelos Kent and Aribo could and probably should go this summer. If unwilling to sign a new deal. Kamara could go next year but not overly against it if we could get a decent fee.

It’s time to let go and let the cycle start again.

Come on mate!!!

Lowry isn't on the same planet yet as Aribo and Kamara.

Maybe in a couple of years, but certainly not just now.
These 2 guys have dominated some top European opposition, while Lowry hasn't even started a meaningful game yet for us.

He's still got a lot of developing to do before he's mentioned in the same breath as Kamara and Aribo.

Hagi is also recovering from major knee surgery and needs time.
He might not be right now but if he doesn’t get games he will never develop to that level. We moan about not producing enough of our own players, but to do that we need to give them a chance. I would be happy for him to take Aribos place in the squad and use the money to strengthen other positions. As much as Aribo is a great player, when all our players were fit he wasn’t a starter in every game, so Lowry should be able to take his place.

Will be sad to see Aribo go if that's the case but to get £10 million+ for a player who came for a development fee and is in the last year of his deal is good business. We all knew he would end up in the Premier League anyway.

It means we can invest that money in a few positions and for me personally, if we play Hagi in his proper position as a 10 and not on the right then he would solve that issue.

He might not be right now but if he doesn’t get games he will never develop to that level. We moan about not producing enough of our own players, but to do that we need to give them a chance. I would be happy for him to take Aribos place in the squad and use the money to strengthen other positions. As much as Aribo is a great player, when all our players were fit he wasn’t a starter in every game, so Lowry should be able to take his place.

Aribo wasn't a starter when everyone was fit!? He started more games that any footballer on earth last season.

For me, Morelos Kent and Aribo could and probably should go this summer. If unwilling to sign a new deal. Kamara could go next year but not overly against it if we could get a decent fee.

It’s time to let go and let the cycle start again.
Even if Morelos left for nothing next summer, he has the potential to be a league winning striker for us and thats why I would keep him

Win the league get
Into CL nets us mega millions vs selling for a low ball figure due to his contract and risk not replacing him adequately

Everything we do in the market is a massive gamble.

Replacing 2 top internationalists with an untried 18 year old and a player who won't have fully recovered from major knee surgery is more than a massive gamble mate.

It's reckless and negligent.

I'm pretty sure our manager will see it the same way.

Joe Aribo - LB, CM, AM, RM/W, ST, false 9. Mr Versatile.

Tough boots to fill.
That’s very true, although at times I felt it was detrimental to him. I said mid season when he was switched to a more number 10 instead of coming off the right he would struggle for numbers. I think back to the Malmo game at home he was played left mid out of neccessity(?) and I could tell early it wasn’t working.

Aribo was saying only a week or so ago he loves it here and wants to stay - that begs the question, does he not love it that much that doesn’t want to sign an extension or do we just want a quick 10 million?

Something needs addressed either way irrespective of the heart and hand “spin” I use that word loosely not to be unfair but the tone makes it look like it’s ok
Or we have an offer on the table to consider that wasn't there a week or so ago?

Aribo has been excellent for us, but you can't help but feel he has another level in him and it's disappointing if that won't be with us.

Sooner the player trading model kicks in the better, we’ve all known about it for years. No one has truly accepted it yet because we’ve not lived it.

Vast majority were saying keep a hold of X, Y, and Z for 55!
Majority said the same for CL qualifiers.

There’s a significant amount of people who would gladly drive our players to various places for way below market value.

That won’t change until we start making big sales. Once we do, hopefully the support will stop undervaluing our assets.

Agree with this, however part of the reason people expect lower numbers is because we’ve had public utterances of needing £7m to see out a season. We need the bones of thirty million in sales from a few players to show clubs we mean business.

I think there was about £8m available before sales so hope to see £20m spent if we generate £25m

Even if Morelos left for nothing next summer, he has the potential to be a league winning striker for us and thats why I would keep him

Win the league get
Into CL nets us mega millions vs selling for a low ball figure due to his contract and risk not replacing him adequately
It’s a risk we probably can’t afford to take.

Even £10m for Morelos now is worth considering if it means we can spend half of it on a quality replacement and bank the rest.

Before I start, I think Kamara has been an excellent signing (quality vs fee paid).

On the outside he looks fantastic, good technique, composure and can get around the pitch. However, for me, watching him closely, the substance is not fully there and may struggle at the next level.

Again, am not stating he is poor, just not sure he has the quality to play consistently at the next level. I think he lacks the defensive attributes to play deep (strength, reading of the game, you rarely see him making tackles in the box or blocks).

As a deep lying playmaker, to me he slows the game down to much, likes to take one extra touch, to make him look good/comfortable on the ball, instead of playing quicker passes / a quicker tempo (he's not the only one), his passing is too sideways for my liking at times and his movement after providing a pass, can be better (again not the only one).

Box/box doesn't suit him either (for the next level), as although he has the legs, he doesn't have the power or the ability to score / create consistently enough.

At the end of the day, someone is only worth, what someone else is willing to pay, most teams will have various targets / options.

However, in Kamara case, we hold the cards, due to the length of contract and should only sell for what we think he's worth (which might be more than other teams are willing to pay).

Morelos, Aribo and Kent are different matters, we don't hold all the cards, we simply negotiate the best fee we can get or hold on and lose for nothing (Unless its a couple million fee, then the second option is not an option).

Some are berating, our backroom team, letting contracts get down to the last year but we simply don't know, all the circumstances.

Lastly, I personally would not be looking to sell Kamara, if their is a good chance of us losing 2 or 3 of Morelos, Aribo and Kent. Too many potential first team changes for my liking.

I love Aribo, one of those players on his game who are unplayable at times, flip side is he doesn’t impose himself enough at times

Always used to be of the opinion he didn’t believe himself how good he could be

If he does go then good luck to him

Will be a big miss for us
aye, same here

Will be disappointed if Aribo leaves for £10 million, as I still think there was much more to come. Also surely questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson and the board as to the comment about being "relaxed" regarding the remainder of certain players contracts.

Aribo has been excellent for us, but you can't help but feel he has another level in him and it's disappointing if that won't be with us.

I like Aribo, I just think the reason many people are ok with him going is that he's more than capable of putting in a 9 out of 10, but he's equally capable of putting in a 3 out of 10.

In the league especially he can be really hot and cold.

I don't necessarily think he needs to go up another level, he just needs to find more consistency, as when he's on it he's brilliant, but when he's not he's invisible.

Win the league get
Look at it the other way. Lazy and uninterested which we have seen before. We don’t win the league and he leaves for free. Disaster.

Sell now and move on.

Never been a Morelos basher but it makes perfect sense for him to go now, will be missed.

Before I start, I think Kamara has been an excellent signing (quality vs fee paid).

On the outside he looks fantastic, good technique, composure and can get around the pitch. However, for me, watching him closely, the substance is not fully there and may struggle at the next level.

Again, am not stating he is poor, just not sure he has the quality to play consistently at the next level. I think he lacks the defensive attributes to play deep (strength, reading of the game, you rarely see him making tackles in the box or blocks).

As a deep lying playmaker, to me he slows the game down to much, likes to take one extra touch, to make him look good/comfortable on the ball, instead of playing quicker passes / a quicker tempo (he's not the only one), his passing is too sideways for my liking at times and his movement after providing a pass, can be better (again not the only one).

Box/box doesn't suit him either (for the next level), as although he has the legs, he doesn't have the power or the ability to score / create consistently enough.

At the end of the day, someone is only worth, what someone else is willing to pay, most teams will have various targets / options.

However, in Kamara case, we hold the cards, due to the length of contract and should only sell for what we think he's worth (which might be more than other teams are willing to pay).

Morelos, Aribo and Kent are different matters, we don't hold all the cards, we simply negotiate the best fee we can get or hold on and lose for nothing (Unless its a couple million fee, then the second option is not an option).

Some are berating, our backroom team, letting contracts get down to the last year but we simply don't know, all the circumstances.

Lastly, I personally would not be looking to sell Kamara, if their is a good chance of us losing 2 or 3 of Morelos, Aribo and Kent. Too many potential first team changes for my liking.
He’s been a stand out in international football also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back