The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should make this thread so that if you post a comment it has to relate to a transfer rumour or an already posted bit of news.

Any pish patter or attempts to derail should just be removed.

Because otherwise it becomes a mountain and it's easier to look elsewhere for stuff, instead of getting it here faster.

If Rangers could tweet the eyes emoji, or an hourglass or just something. Single emoji and we're golden.

Didn't they do something similar last season?
Everyone got excited and it was a MyGers update or something similar. Magicdeboer wanted everyone sacked.
Personally I think we'll bring in Ross Stewart and one other striker.
Anything else will depend on who leaves.

Our team and squad needs a refresh, the champs league qualifiers are not far away and i can see why people are getting a bit anxious to why there is no movement in terms of people coming in.

I keep seeing this 'refresh' word pop up but really don't know why. The squad we have went to the last game in every tournament last season bar 1. 2 or 3 players should be added, replacements also if players are sold.

Look across Europe and the teams with the most success have had the spine of their squad together for years, listen to Michael Beale's interview where he explains this as one of the main reasons we made it to a European final last season. All we really need to do is add a coupe of players here and there.

This constant overuse of the word 'refresh' when referring to the squad means absolutely nothing.

Seen a few mentions of Tom Lawerence on Twitter, not sure if much in it but would be a good signing
He's a genuine goal threat, it just depends if you want the baggage and negative press that will come with it given his past issues off field.

Ross Stewart is 3 years younger than Čolak. Goals scored throughout their careers are kind of similar. Why are people so quick to dismiss Stewart? Because he doesn't have a foreign sounding name?
I think its more to do with the level Stewart has played against the level Colak has played at. Also with Stewart being English based that will result in a higher fee being asked

I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.

I’m going to go with the fact we haven’t made any significant signings yet as an indicator that our activity will be determined by outgoings. Hopefully, if that’s the case, we get our business done early in the window.

I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.
Can you please explain more on what you have heard, what that means for the club and how it impacts transfers

Thanks

Bizarrely I heard something last week but mentioned Mr Park was not convinced.

Could be nonsense but guy thar mentioned it is a decent guy but not sure where the info came from to him.

Ross Stewart does not bring a great deal of excitement for me. League One to potentially playing in the CL and in the environment at Rangers is a massive leap. Perhaps an Itten replacement right enough, but if this is with a view to Alfie going I’d be hammering the panic button.

A bid from one of the bears who has already invested or a completely new name?

I’m hoping for a Striker & Right Winger this week.

I think after that it may be based upon replacing any sales but can’t help think with the players we have already lost ( Itten & Diallo ) that these aren’t subject to any new departures ?

Would love an attacking midfielder too. We have a lot of midfielders, but an athlete with pace & goals is imo missing from the group.

I think anyone would struggle to get a majority stake without buying out Dave King would they not? I know he only has circa 15% but the majority of our shares wouldn't be for sale as they are in the hands of small investors like me and you.

In all honesty, if there was anything substantive to this, I think we'd have heard much, much more from various folk we know close to the Board.

Last edited:
I keep seeing this 'refresh' word pop up but really don't know why. The squad we have went to the last game in every tournament last season bar 1. 2 or 3 players should be added, replacements also if players are sold.

Look across Europe and the teams with the most success have had the spine of their squad together for years, listen to Michael Beale's interview where he explains this as one of the main reasons we made it to a European final last season. All we really need to do is add a coupe of players here and there.

This constant overuse of the word 'refresh' when referring to the squad means absolutely nothing.
Well look at January and a lot of games last season in the league we struggled to break down a lot of teams although eventually winning a lot of these games could have went the other way. We lost the league to them and supporters are obviously anxious as they aren’t seeing faces in the door. It’s just natural.

That's the difference!

The guy Gibson has been wanting a controlling stake for a while hasn’t he?

Does anyone else think its a bit odd the Rangers Review have a video today titled 'Should Rangers lack of Transfer Activity be a concern?'.

I know its pre-season and they don't have much to talk about but surely that isn't a genuine matter of discussion.

We've signed Souttar, extended Godson's contract and as things stand, I know there's speculation, the squad is very healthy. Bids may come in for certain players that we sell, as all clubs do, but this rush just to sign people is a sign of a weird internet generation desperate for stuff to happen constantly, that isn't how real life works.

Changed days from spending pre-season doing other things out-with the constant need for information about singings, all you got was a player being announced and on the back of the papers in the morning.

I miss those days.
I said in the thread last night we’d start to see media articles etc appearing shortly questioning the lack of activity unless things happen this week.

I wasn’t expecting it to start today mind you.

Hopefully a couple in the door this week and any outgoings happen quickly too. Last thing we want is any drawn out saga’s lasting weeks.

I’m hoping for a Striker & Right Winger this week.

I think after that it may be based upon replacing any sales but can’t help think with the players we have already lost ( Itten & Diallo ) that these aren’t subject to any new departures ?

Would love an attacking midfielder too. We have a lot of midfielders, but an athlete with pace & goals is imo missing from the group.
Agee 100% with what you say.
We need more goals in our team

If that's serious, it deserves its own thread. However, were being re-linked with Ross Stewart so it appears business as usual?

The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

LINK
to a rumour source
TM is the TransferMarkt stats side for that player

SIGNED in Summer 2020/22:
IN - John Soutar (25) - Heart of Midlothian, free

GONE in Summer 2022
OUT - Aaron Ramsey - loan expired
OUT - Amad Diallo - loan expired
OUT - Cedric Itten - Young Boys Bern, undisclosed - LINK
OUT - Leon Balogun - CH/RB - OOC
Andy Firth - OOC

RETURN in Summer 2022
Lewis Mayo (22) - CH - Partick Thistle loan expired - contract till 2023
Kai Kennedy (20) - LW - Dunfermline Athletic - loan expired - contract till 2023
James Maxwell (20) - LB - Ayr United - loan expired - contract till 2023
Jake Hastie (23) – LW/RW - Linfield loan expired - contract till 2023
Glenn Middleton (22) – LW - St. Johnstone loan expired - contract till 2023
Nikola Katic (25) - CH - Hajduk Split loan expired - contract till 2023
Stephen Kelly (22) - CM/DM - Salford City loan expired - contract till 2023

RUMOURS:

IN - Abdoulaye Sissako (23) - CM, Zulte Waregem - LINK - TM
YOUTH - IN Lancelot Pollard (14) - LINK - TM
IN - Oladapo"Dapo" Afolayan (24) - LW, Bolton Wanderers - LINK - TM
IN - Jacob Brown (24) - ST, Stoke City, contract 6/2023 - LINK - TM
IN - Scott Twine (22) - AM, MK Dons, contract 6/20xx - LINK - TM
IN - Billy Gilmour (20) - CM, Chelsea, contract 6/2023 - LINK - TM
IN - Mateo Cassierra (25) - ST, FC Sochi, contract 6/2023 - LINK - TM
YOUTH - IN - Zak Lovelace (16) - ST, Millwall u18s, contract 6/202x - LINK - TM
IN - Vladan Kovacevic (24) - GK, Rakow, contract 6/2024 - LINK - TM
IN - Ross Stewart (25) - ST, Sunderland, contract 6/2023 - LINK - TM
IN - Cameron Humphreys (23) - CH, Zulte Waregem, freebie in June 2022 - LINK - TM
YOUTH - IN - Cameron Cooper (16) - ST, Partick Thistle - LINK - TM
IN - Berke Özer (22) - GK, Turkey, Fenerbahce, freebie - LINK - TM
IN - Cameron Archer (20) - ST, Aston Villa, contract 6/2025 - LINK - TM
IN - Cedric Kipre (25) - CH, West Brom, contract 6/2024 - LINK - TM
IN - Erik Botheim (22) - ST, without club - LINK - TM
IN - Stephen Odey (24) - ST, Nigeria, Randers, contract 6/2022 (?) - LINK - TM
IN - Rabbi Matondo (21) - RW, Welsh, Schalke, contract 6/2024 - LINK - TM
IN - Antonio Colak (28) - ST, Croatia, PAOK, contract 6/2024 - LINK - TM
IN - Ivan Lepinjica (22) - DM, Croatia, Rijeka, contract 5/2024 - LINK - TM

OUT - Calvin Bassey - Bayern and Chelsea - LINK
OUT - Borna Barisic - "2 Turkish sides" - LINK - now Trabzonspor
OUT - Alfredo Morelos - Sevilla - LINK

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS

NON-STARTERS:
IN - Josh Tyman (23) - LB, Stoke, contract 6/2025 - LINK - TM
IN - Eric Martel (20) - RB Leipzig - going to Cologne
IN - Mateo Cassierra (25) - from Sochi to Zenit

SQUAD as of 20 / 08 / 2021

Squad listed in order of remaining length of contract & primary position

Lewis Mayo to Killie on a season long loan @Der Berliner.

I found myself watching the highlights of the Malmo home game last night, never realised that Colak is the striker that scored 2 against us that night.

Took both goals well so going on that I'd be happy to sign him.

If that's serious, it deserves its own thread. However, were being re-linked with Ross Stewart so it appears business as usual?
Yes - I thought about the own thread…but thought that would create even more chaos for myself!

Reality is alot of Rangers ownership money in HK….the chat is strong, but not sure if it’s a goer or who is the party involved.

Is that not the definition of a refresh?

Yeah I suppose but I see it as more of a standard transfer window process and there is no need for any 'concern'. Players will be signed, of course, but the squad at the moment is in a very good position. There's no desperate need for a refresh as people are constantly going on about.

Exactly.

There were a couple of randoms on Twitter saying not much of substance last night but saying big news expected today. Could be BS but might fit with that.

Yes - I thought about the own thread…but thought that would create even more chaos for myself!

Reality is alot of Rangers ownership money in HK….the chat is strong, but not sure if it’s a goer or who is the party involved.
In what way is the chat strong; better still, where is this chat strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back