The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.
Deserves a thread of its own.

Would be very interested to know a bit more detail on this.

Their intentions?
What success for the team would look to them?
How deep are their pockets?
Can they push us to a higher level?

Ross Stewart does not bring a great deal of excitement for me. League One to potentially playing in the CL and in the environment at Rangers is a massive leap. Perhaps an Itten replacement right enough, but if this is with a view to Alfie going I’d be hammering the panic button.
I would have thought, if true, a signing like Stewart would suggest Alfie isnt leaving and hes being brought in to add a different option and give one or two forward players a rest in certain games, or to change the style if the opposition is holding out for a draw.

Not saying it has to be this guy but signing a big lad that sticks his nut on crosses makes perfect sense to me i honestly dont get all the stuff about stats or previous clubs. Most of the team we have at the moment probably didnt seem all that exciting before they signed for previous managers.

Yes - I thought about the own thread…but thought that would create even more chaos for myself!

Reality is alot of Rangers ownership money in HK….the chat is strong, but not sure if it’s a goer or who is the party involved.

In all reality if we don't start smart player trading we will need cash injections to stay at the level we have grown to. Park is a rich man by local standards but I doubt he and the other Scottish investors can afford to keep piling millions in.

I'd find a takeover exciting but also be wary given history. I'd trust the investors to sell more carefully than Murray if it comes to it. Would be difficult to sell less carefully to be fair!!

I doubt any stake would happen in the timeline of this window.

May mean more money in Jan but we need to have a plan for the summer.

No disrespect to the lad, but Ross Stewart was playing in the Ayrshire Juniors until 2016. A Europa League Final team should be nowhere near sniffing about that.
Bobby Russell was 20 when we signed him from Shettleston Juniors.
Having said that signing Stewart isn't going to put us on the upward trajectory Goldson spoke about when he extended his contract.

I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.
Hope so, and I hope whoever it is, is absolutely loaded and willing to invest heavily.

I said in the thread last night we’d start to see media articles etc appearing shortly questioning the lack of activity unless things happen this week.

I wasn’t expecting it to start today mind you.

Hopefully a couple in the door this week and any outgoings happen quickly too. Last thing we want is any drawn out saga’s lasting weeks.
I maintain the view (for now) that there is genuine interest in some of our more valuable assets and who goes will dictate the level of who we bring in.

Ross Stewart is 3 years younger than Čolak. Goals scored throughout their careers are kind of similar. Why are people so quick to dismiss Stewart? Because he doesn't have a foreign sounding name?

They aren't similar though.

Colak has been the top scorer in the Croatian league, another excellent season in that league, really good in Sweden and his record in the CL qualifiers was 5 in 8 games, including a double at Ibrox

Ross Stewart has played virtually his entire career in the lower divisions. In the top tier of Scottish football he had 9 goals in 40 games.

I’m hoping for a Striker & Right Winger this week.

I think after that it may be based upon replacing any sales but can’t help think with the players we have already lost ( Itten & Diallo ) that these aren’t subject to any new departures ?

Would love an attacking midfielder too. We have a lot of midfielders, but an athlete with pace & goals is imo missing from the group.

I reckon we can get to the CL with a proper fit striker

Then if we get there we can spend more on the rw

We really need the fit striker though its critical

Colak has been the top scorer in the Croatian league, another excellent season in that league, really good in Sweden and his record in the CL qualifiers was 5 in 8 games, including a double at Ibrox

Ross Stewart has played virtually his entire career in the lower divisions. In the top tier of Scottish football he had 17 goals in 50 games.
Ross Stewart will probably be the new Jamie Murphy, not good enough. Ross Wilson needs to get finger out now as our 1st pre season game is in 12 days

At what point should we panic about the lack of signings? Asian investment or not, are we banking on the same players that failed last year to get us through champions league qualifiers this year?

At what point should we panic about the lack of signings? Asian investment or not, are we banking on the same players that failed last year to get us through champions league qualifiers this year?
Or we are banking on the same players that just got us to a European final.

People saying panic about lack of signings is mental. The game is weeks away and anyone we bring in, even close to the game will be ready to come in and play. Not like they won’t have already started pre season at their current club

Ross Stewart has played virtually his entire career in the lower divisions. In the top tier of Scottish football he had 9 goals in 40 games.
Any idea why he bombed so badly at PAOK?

Signing players in their late 20s who are out on loan gives me Pena and Herrera fears.

As good as it was, it's likely a one off season in that regard. It's the same group of players who've won one league title and one domestic cup in 4 years.

I keep seeing this 'refresh' word pop up but really don't know why. The squad we have went to the last game in every tournament last season bar 1. 2 or 3 players should be added, replacements also if players are sold.

Look across Europe and the teams with the most success have had the spine of their squad together for years, listen to Michael Beale's interview where he explains this as one of the main reasons we made it to a European final last season. All we really need to do is add a coupe of players here and there.

This constant overuse of the word 'refresh' when referring to the squad means absolutely nothing.
I agree, there's absolutely no need for wholesale changes and clearly the picture changes should any one of our big hitters go, I hope not but kind of resigned to losing Aribo. But if we can keep the bulk of that team together and,as you say add 2/3 quality signings that would do for me, although I would like a defender in to replace big Leon,just to have that assurance on the bench as I have doubts over Fil and Nico as well as fitness issues over Soutar.

People saying panic about lack of signings is mental. The game is weeks away and anyone we bring in, even close to the game will be ready to come in and play. Not like they won’t have already started pre season at their current club
When is the last time a new signing came in late in the window and made an immediate and significant impact? And I'm not having Ryan Kent as an example since he had been with us on loan already.

As good as it was, it's likely a one off season in that regard. It's the same group of players who've won one league title and one domestic cup in 4 years.
Well as bad as last seasons CL exit in the qualifiers, it was a 1 off and this team have qualified for the groups and been undefeated in all other European qualifiers in the last 4 years

Any idea why he bombed so badly at PAOK?

Signing players in their late 20s who are out on loan gives me Pena and Herrera fears.

It's just Greek football mate, the attacking element and goal scoring is atrocious.

The stats posted about that big Giakoumakis tell the same story. He scored 5 goals in 58 games over 4 years in the league, then battered goals in Holland and Scotland.

I just hope a few players are maybe leaving for sizeable fees which may dictate who we in turn sign. Things need to start moving along though. Clock is ticking.

The team quite clearly needs freshened with many of these same players playing 50-60 games a season every year since 2018.

I don’t think you needed to dignify the comparison of Colak and Stewart from the previous poster with a response, but you’ve hit this one right on the head

Does anyone else think its a bit odd the Rangers Review have a video today titled 'Should Rangers lack of Transfer Activity be a concern?'.

I know its pre-season and they don't have much to talk about but surely that isn't a genuine matter of discussion.

We've signed Souttar, extended Godson's contract and as things stand, I know there's speculation, the squad is very healthy. Bids may come in for certain players that we sell, as all clubs do, but this rush just to sign people is a sign of a weird internet generation desperate for stuff to happen constantly, that isn't how real life works.

Changed days from spending pre-season doing other things out-with the constant need for information about singings, all you got was a player being announced and on the back of the papers in the morning.

I miss those days.
I watched the update.

The discussion was how the answer to that question is no and the noise is just indicative of 21st Century social media hysteria.

It's important to remember that's that all it is; shouty posters and shouty Twitter accounts. It means absolutely nothing, it will impact nothing and it will cause nothing.

Pick any other subject and there will be forums and Twitter accounts shouting and bawling about that. It is simply the way things are.

Season tickets are sold out with thousands on the waiting list. There is no tangible unhappiness in the Rangers support. It's all just online hysterics.

Ross Stewart is 3 years younger than Čolak. Goals scored throughout their careers are kind of similar. Why are people so quick to dismiss Stewart? Because he doesn't have a foreign sounding name?

Don't fancy having to pay over the odds for someone that scored less league goals for Ross County than Charles Regan-Cook managed last season. If Ross Stewart is our level of ambition for next season we may as well chuck it. I don't want us to sign Colak either.

Well as bad as last seasons CL exit in the qualifiers, it was a 1 off and this team have qualified for the groups and been undefeated in all other European qualifiers in the last 4 years
It’s amazing how people always take the glass half empty, ultra negative approach.

The 2 domestic trophies things bugs me as well, it’s what the beggars always say, it’s factual, but completely lacking in context.

I’m sure we will get 3 or 4 players in for the start of the season, hopefully at least 1 this week. It’s miles away from the time to panic

When is the last time a new signing came in late in the window and made an immediate and significant impact? And I'm not having Ryan Kent as an example since he had been with us on loan already.
I can’t remember when exactly players sign and how they preform, but there have been loads of times players have signed for clubs and came in and played the next game and had a outstanding performance or impacted the game. Just look at that lot in the OF game after new year and the players they brought in, in the January window

If we haven't signed anyone by the end if this week then it's clear we need to sell before spending significant amounts of money this summer which is incredible considering we played in a European final a few weeks back and will probably post a record turnover of £90m plus.

It's been two years now since the club actually spent more than a nominal fee on a player if we don't make a big sale this summer I fear we're heading down the same direction as last years CL qualifiers.

People complain about a lack of money but flushing away £60m in the space of 12 months cause we can't strengthen is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back