The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why but I just get the impression that should we sign Čolak and he's given a proper run of games, he will score a barrel load.

Attributes look set up for Scottish football, he's got a very good attitude (his current manager's words), good hold up play, likes to drop deep and out wide (right hand side especially/where he is also capable of delivering a ball). Has a good physique, aerial ability and scout reports mention his willingness to create space and strike a ball at goal. He's got experience, he's won trophies, experienced different levels of football and clearly knows where the net is.

Scored two against us and whilst the defending was garbage, he took his two goals well.

That’s the key point, he took the chances well

The fact some jobber mob in PAOK are letting Colak go (relatively) easily is a bit of a red flag imo.

He looks a decent enough striker, but do people really think he's the best we can do? Mmm, I think there's better out there.
I suppose it has its similarities to Itten going back to Switzerland.

I don't think Itten was a bad player just not suited to our league, Young Boys know that and have taken a punt on him.

Granted Itten has experience in the Swiss league and Colak has no experience here but I think some players just don't work well in some leagues. Colak IMO is worth a punt. If he was a Morelos replacement I'd be concerned but I don't think he will be

Colak seems to me like a good fit. I’d be delighted to have him and think he would give us the ability to play to up top as well when needed.

I see your point but colak is nearly 30, they all had plenty of time on their side to improve.
So a 30 (Ps he's actually 28) year old is incapable of improving?

The boy seems a good fit, reasonable fee, reasonable record over the last few seasons, albeit with that one exception.

Discounting a 28yr old because he's too old is mental stuff for those that are doing so.

Another Cammy Bell! :)-

RANGERS are in advanced talks to sign highly-rated Scotland youth international Cameron Bell, according to a report.

The 16-year-old has been with Everton since he was seven years old.

Cameron Bell is reported to be on his way from Everton to Rangers

But Rangers are working on a deal to bring the defender back to his native country this summer.

It's being reported by Football Insider that the Ibrox club have offered Bell a contract and that they are "increasingly hopeful" he will sign on the dotted line.

All going well, the move could be announced imminently.

Bell posted an emotional message on his Instagram confirming he IS leaving Everton - but left fans guessing as to where his next career move will be.
The one shining light in our football department that is without question is the academy. The guys there are doing immense work.

I see your point but colak is nearly 30, they all had plenty of time on their side to improve.
Someone made a point the other day and I can't remember who it was, but anyway -

Do you realise that the majority of Ballon d'Or winners have been over 30?

I'm not saying that Colak is that level, but writing off players over 30 is daft.

I'd go as far to say that peak years are 27-32.

I'm sure Aribo doing podcast after podcast declaring how happy he is without mentioning wanting to extend his stay is a really good sign, then?

Clearly not.
Signing a new contract is not just as easy as 'being happy'

I am sure he is happy, and if he does want to stay here he would be mad to sign the first contract offered to him, especially when he knows entering the final year of his contract he has the upper hand and can get more money

Being happy doesn't mean being financially naive

Colak doesn’t seem to fit our usual profile from signings over the last 4 years, to pay a couple of million for a 28 year old, Roofe is only player I can think of who was 27 when we signed him for a transfer fee. If Colak was our number 1 priority for striker I feel we would have done that deal already. Don’t really see what would cause a hold up, PAOK seem to want another striker in and last season let him go on Loan. I’m hoping Botheim or someone with similar profile is targeted.
If Botheim or someone of that profile is targeted, it'll likely be because alfie is away.

We aren't going to have 2-3 strikers on the same level and of the same profile/similar wage.

Sometimes wonder if people scrutinise what they post before hitting submit.

Talking about Colak's age like he's in Defoe territory!

Signing a new contract is not just as easy as 'being happy'

I am sure he is happy, and if he does want to stay here he would be mad to sign the first contract offered to him, especially when he knows entering the final year of his contract he has the upper hand and can get more money

Being happy doesn't mean being financially naive
I don't think he has any intention of staying tbh - think it's clear as day he will be gone but be chuffed to be proven wrong.

That is the managers decision though it might not be the right one and hes not a manager or even someone involved in the game anyone on here respects anyway

He will add so much more than goals and anyway you could do the same with every player find a useless boring stat which means little or 0, and just focus on it forever.

Well it will if he comes in and does the job and Rangers win our title back.

It's hardly a useless boring stat his goalscoring record in Scotland is garbage 1 season in a league where players who failed up here are sitting on double figures makes you question the strength of league 1. Yeah we've signed a couple of players from there that have worked out and so have the tims but overall not convinced the standard is great.

Noticed in the last day or so you want us to sign someone that scores headers as a justification for signing Ferguson, Dykes and probably why you want us to sign Stewart.

Yes - I thought about the own thread…but thought that would create even more chaos for myself!

Reality is alot of Rangers ownership money in HK….the chat is strong, but not sure if it’s a goer or who is the party involved.
I am surprised that well informed bears in Asia would discuss this because if they were well informed they would be aware that none of our larger investors including the Asian investors are interested in selling their shares (other than DK)
Given our recent profile in Europe I am sure the investors will be regularly approached by financial buyers particularly from the US who seem to be hoovering up Sports assets.
I don’t think our fan investors spent the last 7 years getting us to this point to deliver us into the hands of a financial buyer and risking everything we have built.
I am sure signings will come soon enough.

I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.
Stewart gibson? Been rumoured for a while he wants control

RANGERS are in advanced talks to sign highly-rated Scotland youth international Cameron Bell, according to a report.

But Rangers are working on a deal to bring the defender back to his native country this summer.

It's being reported by Football Insider that the Ibrox club have offered Bell a contract and that they are "increasingly hopeful" he will sign on the dotted line.

Bell posted an emotional message on his Instagram confirming he IS leaving Everton - but left fans guessing as to where his next career move will be.
That name gives me the fear, he better not prefer to be called Cammy.

I think we'll sell Bassey especially if we get offered £25m
It won't take as much as that imo.

I don't care if I get heat, if a club he wants to go to comes in an offers £15m and Bassey says he isn't leaving unless we accept that amount from that club, what then?

"But Edouard, but Ajer..." in 5-4-3-2......

No-one within our support has the right to tell the club and/or Ross Wilson "It's £_______ and no a penny less" for any of our players as the circumstances around their departure, if they leave, will all be unique to them.

Teams with star assets within their last year or 2 generally don't get top dollar for their players unless they paid a good chunk in the first place.

Don't get why our fans want us to lowball others but think we're immune from it at our end.

Would £15m for Bassey, factually, be anything other than outstanding business? No, it would not.

Is it the best case scenario? Of course not, if he has 3 or 4 years left, I'd be more inclined to accept that valuation.

Being linked with Stewart again.

Just really underwhelms me, I know that he's done well with Sunderland, but the actual level of Sunderland right now is well below what they once were, and miles below ourselves.
League One is a similar standard to the rest of the Scottish Premiership imo.

If Botheim or someone of that profile is targeted, it'll likely be because alfie is away.

We aren't going to have 2-3 strikers on the same level and of the same profile/similar wage.

Sometimes wonder if people scrutinise what they post before hitting submit.

Talking about Colak's age like he's in Defoe territory!
We have heard from a top source on here that Roofe is likely to be away, so Botheim would be to replace Roofe. I didn’t say Colak was in Defoe age territory, I simply asked when in the last 5 years have we spent 2 million or more on a player who is 28 or above, I await the answer to that?

League One is a similar standard to the rest of the Scottish Premiership imo.

Someone doing well at a club that is the standard of the rest of the Scottish Premiership isn't exactly a confidence booster.

We want better than the rest of the Scottish Premiership, someone that can battle in Europe too.

Stewart's record at lower level is good, but his season in Scottish Topflight was poor if I recall correctly?

See Nicky Clark - Scored all day for lower league teams, came to us, meh.

I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.
It's complete and utter bollix.

I might be in the minority here but id rather Stewart to Colak.

Stewart is a good hpyical striker with different attributes to the two we already have. Hes also Scottish and 3/4 years younger.

We have heard from a top source on here that Roofe is likely to be away, so Botheim would be to replace Roofe. I didn’t say Colak was in Defoe age territory, I simply asked when in the last 5 years have we spent 2 million or more on a player who is 28 or above, I await the answer to that?
Colak for 2m would represent good value ,even at 28 he'd still have 3 or 4 years at a really good level of fitness all things considered.

If a good few of our signings are much younger developmental types ie Bassey Aribo Kamara ,the odd signing with Colak profile makes sense to me mate

Colak for 2m would represent good value ,even at 28 he'd still have 3 or 4 years at a really good level of fitness all things considered.

If a good few of our signings are much younger developmental types ie Bassey Aribo Kamara ,the odd signing with Colak profile makes sense to me mate
Just feel guys like Botheim fit our model much better, he was a guy who signed for 6.8 million only a few months ago. We can get him on a free and have sell on and good quality to actually challenge Morelos for starting place. I feel we can get A Colak type player cheaper like the way Malmo got him last year on loan, can’t see us paying 2 million for that type of player.

Exactly - if we could get him for around £2m, even if he didn't perform particularly well, you'd have to think we could still recoup the majority of that fee when he's 22.

FWIW, with the chances we make for players and the level of opposition we face, I could see him banging in the goals and his value soaring. He's only going to get better and working with Gio and Makaay (who he is said to be similar to in playing style) would only help improve him further.

A proper no-risk signing.

You can probably say the same for Botheim Reynold.

He’s a year older, the fee wouldn’t be much more I’d guess, and he’s proven at a higher level to this point.

Probably better with his hands.:p

The boy seems a good fit, reasonable fee, reasonable record over the last few seasons, albeit with that one exception.

Discounting a 28yr old because he's too old is mental stuff for those that are doing so.
"No more project signings!" is the cry yet sign a guy in his prime and people say he's too old. :rolleyes:

Our 'model' isn't set in stone. We sign players that we hope will be effective at the club. I have a really good feeling about Colak.

Because pre-season has started and we're only several weeks away now from vital champions league qualifiers which will determine a huge part of our season. We have several players coming back from long term injury who might not be fully fit for these games as well.

We either don't have much money or were are sitting on our hands hoping for the best as we face a monumental task of getting into the champions league.

Or alternatively, we're working hard behind the scenes on a couple of deals, that we hope to have concluded before we head to Portugal.

Folk think they’re playing FIFA and you just get rid of everyone over 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back