The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have seen a lot of Tom Lawrence. He isn’t particularly good, thinks he’s incredible, and puts himself before the team. I don’t think he would fit in.

I know everyone got excited about Bacuna before he signed; they’re a similar level of quality - with Lawrence likely on the decline in a year or so, and Bacuna having more potential to improve (which he likely won’t fulfil).

Have seen a lot of Tom Lawrence. He isn’t particularly good, thinks he’s incredible, and puts himself before the team. I don’t think he would fit in.

I know everyone got excited about Bacuna before he signed; they’re a similar level of quality - with Lawrence likely on the decline in a year or so, and Bacuna having more potential to improve (which he likely won’t fulfil).
Not really how I remember it

Keep hearing this, but how so?

I know about the drink driving thing, but what else makes him this total headcase we keep hearing about?

Genuine question by the way, I know nothing about him really besides the drink driving thing.

Take it he gets sent off a lot?
I thought he behaved like a head case in the friendly against us a couple of years back. I know nothing much more about him though.

Everyone got excited about Bacuna?

Yeah I tend to agree with you. Not what we require by any stretch, but to say he's rank by SPFL standards at least is a tad harsh.

Hibs were atrocious last season particularly after Boyle left in the January window. No surprise really.

I never claimed to know anything, I'm basing it off the fact that we still haven't signed anyone?

If we were looking to get guys in for the CL qualifiers there would be business done by now. You ideally want to give new signings 2-3 weeks of pre season and bedding in minimum to have them anywhere near their best in time for the qualifiers.

We're not going to suddenly see a glut of transfers over the next two weeks, anyone expecting that is going to be disappointed. It's fairly obvious we're waiting for a sale or something along those lines to kick things off.
I posted earlier. I remember we had basil boli and brian laudrup signed up in plenty time. If names like that were mentioned on here now, the place would be letting off fireworks.

Bottom line is AEK Athens comfortably knocked us out the cl qualifiers.

There's no guarantees of anything just because of early signings.

So those dropping big hints about signing announcements today were yet again talking horseshit. Wake me up half an hour before the Livi match and tell me if we’ve signed someone of note.
We'll have signed someone but think we all know, the starting 11 will be no different than the end of last season.

Everyone got excited about Bacuna?

Before/when he signed. There was a lot of excited chatter. Lots of “good feelings”. The same happened with Zungu.

In re to Lawrence, I don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter and that’s where we should be aiming. In fact, on recent form, I wouldn’t say he’s any better than Wright.

Honestly not feeling it with the idea of Tom Lawrence in the team. We need a RW who can supply assists and bang in goals. His goal return is in the low 10s one year then back to 3 and 4 the next year. Not a lot of consistency from a stats point of view.

Yeah I tend to agree with you. Not what we require by any stretch, but to say he's rank by SPFL standards at least is a tad harsh.

Hibs were atrocious last season particularly after Boyle left in the January window. No surprise really.

Nisbet and Doidge being out injured too pretty much decimated their forward options.

Having read that Miles Jacobson tweet in full, it seems clear that the £2M - £10M market is completely dead. Looks like there will be a lot of business done but it will be later in the window which is not good for us.

I'm not really sure how Rangers are meant to just be exempt from what all the other European clubs are facing? I expect asking fans for patience though is like asking water not to be wet.

It's looking like it's going to be a frustrating summer. I could be wrong, but this is based on reading stuff that's out there from respect journalists, certainly not doom mongering for the sake of it.

It makes me understand why the club are looking at free agents such as Lawrence.

Lawrence is a selfish arrogant kunt he wouldn't fit into our team.

He was a decent player a few years ago but we should be looking for much better.
Heard that he’s a bit of trouble from Tes on H&H who is a Derby fan.

He also said he’s a stand out for them and a very good player.

I'm not entirely against his signing, I just wouldn't guage his qualities on the strength of those games. Tav and Goldson were as fragile and disjointed as I've seen them and McGregor never covered himself in glory either imo.

We faced far more potent attacking players from that game on and handled them all with aplomb. The guy obviously has physical qualities, but I certainly don't think he's "levels above" quality.
Fair enough.

Tom Lawrence would not be a squad player

He'd be a brilliant signing and would walk into our team. Only downside is seems he's abit of a prick

Having read that Miles Jacobson tweet in full, it seems clear that the £2M - £10M market is completely dead. Looks like there will be a lot of business done but it will be later in the window which is not good for us.

I'm not really sure how Rangers are meant to just be exempt from what all the other European clubs are facing? I expect asking fans for patience though is like asking water not to be wet.

It's looking like it's going to be a frustrating summer. I could be wrong, but this is based on reading stuff that's out there from respect journalists, certainly not doom mongering for the sake of it.

It makes me understand why the club are looking at free agents such as Lawrence.

Coz delboytrotter said so right

So those dropping big hints about signing announcements today were yet again talking horseshit. Wake me up half an hour before the Livi match and tell me if we’ve signed someone of note.
It's obvious they were talking horseshit as nobody knows anything inside the club anymore. One wee Boyd emoji gets everybodies pants in a twist

Tom Lawrence would not be a squad player

He'd be a brilliant signing and would walk into our team. Only downside is seems he's abit of a prick

An absolute English lower league journeyman. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a decent signing, but I can't imagine he's of the quality to be a "brilliant signing and would walk into out team."

Before/when he signed. There was a lot of excited chatter. Lots of “good feelings”. The same happened with Zungu.

In re to Lawrence, I don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter and that’s where we should be aiming. In fact, on recent form, I wouldn’t say he’s any better than Wright.

Nah, there was definitely no mass excitement at the signing of Zungu or Bacuna.

Water isn't wet. What water touches is wet.

I hope that some quality incomings before August make everyone wet.

No that's not what I meant I was meaning context of who he would be replacing within the team.

Fair enough, I can possibly see that in respect of we don't have an established right sided attacker and have been using Aribo and Hagi in that position in recent times as well as Fashion Jr and Scott Wright who are both maybe better suited to that position, but wildly inconsistent.

Seems strange why he's playing in the English Championship then.

Not many English Championship players will be good enough to start in our team.
It's overall standard is a lot higher than ours though. For example I doubt there's single player that starts regularly in the championship that wouldn't start for every team in the league expect us and them. Wouldn't you agree?

It's overall standard is a lot higher than ours though. For example I doubt there's single player that starts regularly in the championship that wouldn't start for every team in the league expect us and them. Wouldn't you agree?
That is a couple of hundred players and i bet plenty are shite.

Ryan Kent is an ideal role model for him to learn from.
His defensive discipline and work out of possession is outstanding.
I noticed in Caskie’s stats report that Kent’s defensive stats were really bad. The only direct comparison given was Wright and Sakala and their defensive stats were way higher.

Issue with us selling Kent this summer is we wouldn't really get his true worth due to his contract situation.

I hope he extends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back