The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t he be a cheap aribo replacement who could allow Lowry to share as much game time as him?
The problem with our last few windows is signing ‘cheap replacements’ or squad fillers (barring Lundstram)

We need to improve the first 11 and selling Aribo and bringing Tom Lawrence in is not doing that.

So those dropping big hints about signing announcements today were yet again talking horseshit. Wake me up half an hour before the Livi match and tell me if we’ve signed someone of note.
Not necessarily. We may have finalised a deal which could take a couple days to get the player in.

I don't know anything just guessing.

Are some forgetting that we're no longer basketcase?

An English championship level player or even a league one player isn't walking into our team anymore.

We're finalists of the Europa League, who just walks in and can take us there again?

Not anyone from Championship and below at the moment.

Tom Lawrence would be a backup initially I'd imagine

So poor their champions put us out in qualifying. :eek:
Should have added it’s a better quality than the Finnish league and Alfie’s done ok.
And Lincoln red imps knocked that lot out of Europe once upon a time, freak results happen. The Malmö debacle was a disgrace, losing from a winning position against a team with a quarter of the budget who are a man short shouldn't happen in any universe, but sometimes it just does. Malmö are a good couple of levels below us at full strength.

That’s why I don’t trust all these stats nowadays. I can see with my eyes how much work Kent puts in defensively.
It just shows that a great deal of these stats are worthless; similar to the "assists" that are given to players.

It's overall standard is a lot higher than ours though. For example I doubt there's single player that starts regularly in the championship that wouldn't start for every team in the league expect us and them. Wouldn't you agree?

The Championship is a long hard slog and a competitive league but the quality isn't great. Just more hype.

Are some forgetting that we're no longer basketcase?

An English championship level player or even a league one player isn't walking into our team anymore.

We're finalists of the Europa League, who just walks in and can take us there again?

Not anyone from Championship and below at the moment.

Tom Lawrence would be a backup initially I'd imagine
Diaz of Blackburn is the only championship player I can think of, off the top of my head that would be a starter that would improve the team and might be in our range financially if we push the boat out.

I just can't see how that can be true, he works like a Trojan for the team.
They will be true, but there were only 4 stats listed. It doesn't take into account all the working back you are doing unless you've won a duel or made an interception. So you could be preventing a lot of attacks by being in the right position and that isn't measured. His intercetions stat was ok but both ground and aerial duel success very low, as well as being very low in number.

He'll still need to improve his defensive work rate, even when he's playing wide, if he wants to get starts in our big games.

I'm sure he will though.

Ryan Kent is an ideal role model for him to learn from.
His defensive discipline and work out of possession is outstanding.

Agree on Kent, fantastic work ethic.

Lowry now needs to turn great potential into professionalism. If he does, he will go vary far.

The Championship is a long hard slog and a competitive league but the quality isn't great. Just more hype.
I don’t necessarily disagree bud, but look at the signings the rest of the league make from England its league 1 players or reserve championship players on loan

It's overall standard is a lot higher than ours though. For example I doubt there's single player that starts regularly in the championship that wouldn't start for every team in the league expect us and them. Wouldn't you agree?

The overall standard is unquestionably higher, but I don't agree with your every single player starting.
The majority yes, but certainly not all.

I need to keep reminding myself that it is so early in this transfer window, feels like its been open much longer than it really has. There's still plenty of time, however it has been one boring start that's for sure. Goldson resigning is obviously huge, but the others signing news deals doesn't excite me at all. Kind of felt like covering ourselves incase the window doesn't go to plan - which I suppose is sensible, but doesn't freshen the squad.

If we are to lose players, I hope it happens very soon as I worry our own recruitment plans, significant ones anyway, are on hold till it happens.

I really don't know what the hold up is do we really have to sell before we can buy? You'd think the Manager would want his players in as early as possible i.e. as soon as training starts.

Think you might just have answered your own question.

And Lincoln red imps knocked that lot out of Europe once upon a time, freak results happen. The Malmö debacle was a disgrace, losing from a winning position against a team with a quarter of the budget who are a man short shouldn't happen in any universe, but sometimes it just does. Malmö are a good couple of levels below us at full strength.
No they didn’t. They beat them 1-0 in the first leg but never knocked them out.

The overall standard is unquestionably higher, but I don't agree with your every single player starting.
The majority yes, but certainly not all.
If you look at the signings hearts etc make it’s championship players on loan that can’t get a game for their clubs and usually bottom tier at that I honestly doubt there’s one player that starts regularly wouldn’t start for the rest up here but that’s only my opinion.

If you look at the signings hearts etc make it’s championship players on loan that can’t get a game for their clubs and usually bottom tier at that I honestly doubt there’s one player that starts regularly wouldn’t start for the rest up here but that’s only my opinion.
I'm not disputing your main point, it's only to be expected with the disparity in the finances between the 2 leagues.

However, there will be a few exceptions.
I'd say Craig Gordon will compare favourably with the majority of Championship keepers and both Kevin Nisbet and Poreous were the subject of bids from the Championship last close season, but Hibs knocked them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back