The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very naive to dismiss journalists from the country where we're actively trying to get a player.

They're closer to this than Sky.
To counter that, could you imagine other countries having to rely on the journalists here, who we know for a fact know absolutely nothing about what happens at Rangers?

Unless Roofe is on the way out spending a couple of million on a third choice striker who will turn 29 in September doesn't seem like the best business. That's the kind of position we should be looking to bring in someone far younger who has the chance to settle without heavy expectations being immediately thrown on their shoulders and also more importantly actually has the ability to command a big fee if he starts performing in the future. Colak has zero future sell on value to a squad that already lacks players who can command massive fees because of contract situations and those players no longer being in their early 20s anymore.

Plenty of similarities to the last Croatian striker we were linked with Mirko Maric. Both did well with a Croatian club in Osijek and Rijeka respectively but limited success outside of those clubs until this season. Maric with Crotone and Colak with Malmo.
I do not get this third striker talk at all could understand it if our strikers were more prolific or clinical but they are not, there's a reason GVB looking at strikers.

Thing that strikes me is how central he plays. Love that in a striker. In and around the box 9/10 the ball falls there. Can see him scoring a barrowload. Cant however see him doing what morelos does.
Definitely could see us going with a front two a lot more this season if he comes in.

Whereas a whole host of posters on here would simply walk in and say '£3m, eh? I'll give you £3.5m and not a penny more'.:)

I dread to think what some are like when trying to buy a new car ha ha (or maybe they are different when it's actually their own money they are spending:rolleyes: ).

It's known as Bainonomics...

Buying something? Offer more than the asking price straight off the bat!

Selling something? Accept the 1st offer. Always.

I think Colak will surprise a few on here and he will more than keep Roofe or Morelos on their toes.

Some players enjoy their best football in their latter years and at 29, Colak could be the same.

Itten was a gamble due to his age and record that didnt pay off but Colak seems more established and someone we could rely more on.

If the rangers review are saying it it’s likely come from the club like the info to sky which likely means the greek keith Jackson is a clown

BBC - don't have a clue

Daily Retard - Don't have a clue despite Sky saying something has happened.

You would think they would try and find out! Unless they have no access to anyone at Ibrox.

2022-06-29-13-36-38.jpg

Folk on here kidding on they know Colak because of a couple of goals against us and a Youtube video.

The fact is we don't so you then trust the management team and give the guy the opportunity to prove himself.

Those that are 'underwhelmed' and those that think 'he will score a barrowload up here' are none the wiser.

Last edited:
If the rangers review are saying it it’s likely come from the club like the info to sky which likely means the greek keith Jackson is a clown
The Greeks might be putting that story out to a local journalist to give the impression to other potential suitors that it isn't done in the hopes of getting in a higher fee.

I think Colak will be that "flat track bully" type forward we've been missing - a guy who will regularly bang them in against SPFL fodder. It's one area the tims have been better than us in recent seasons, and usually sees us struggling more in run of the mill league games than they do.

Folk on here kidding on the know Colak because of a couple of goals against us and a Youtube video.

The fact is we don't so you then trust the management team and give the guy the opportunity to prove himself.

Those that are 'underwhelmed' and those that think 'he will score a barrowload up here' are none the wiser.
Some on here are underwhelmed with any and all transfers.

Folk on here kidding on the know Colak because of a couple of goals against us and a Youtube video.

It’s literally the transfer thread. If we can’t discuss players attributes and potential for us then what’s the point.

Did you miss the last part of the season there where we played our biggest matches in over a decade without a recognised striker?

Get the experienced guy in and hope he can hit the ground running,
Where did i say we shouldn't sign another striker? What i disagree with is spending 2 million for a third choice striker who's record at clubs seems to alternate between good and bad and also holds zero resale value. When the funds seem to have dried up compared to what they were and the club runs at a loss unless we make the champions league or make a big sale. The final point is important.

We spent decent money on Roofe, Hagi and Itten after DK left.
The problem with your comment is that DK signed players but he did not pay for them.
He signed them on extremely extended credit terms and then left before they were paid for. The current board have had to cough up for these payments and that is at the root of their fall out with DK and the reason why there have not been any large transfer fees agreed in the last few windows.
We are now back on an even keel with most transfer liabilities paid off and I would expect significant transfer fees to be agreed in this window.
I was not aware of this and it makes sense when you start to think about the breakdown the relationship between the board and DK.
Thanks for this post is it has certainly helped fill in some gaps.

Where did i say we shouldn't sign another striker? What i disagree with is spending 2 million for a third choice striker who's record at clubs seems to alternate between good and bad and also holds zero resale value. When the funds seem to have dried up compared to what they were and the club runs at a loss unless we make the champions league or make a big sale. The final point is important.
IMO we've had our fingers burned there with Itten and less so Sakala (who I think has real potential).

Ideally we're looking for young forward players ready to come into the first team and score 15+ goals. You're not getting them without a hefty price tag and a lot of competition.

I'm all for us signing an experienced striker with a very respectable track record. We can maybe afford gambles in other areas at the moment but our immediate chronic lack of cutting edge and goals is the primary concern.

Saw an interesting point that very few EPL clubs are going to pay the £10 million up front for a guy like Aribo, so the release clause is pretty irrelevant. If a deal is done it will most likely be structured in a way that suits both clubs, but not necessarily for £10 million.

So will Colak wear no9 or will he take Aribo's no17, which he seems to like.

On the basis that Aribo leaves. Pretty much resigned myself to that tbh.

Saw an interesting point that very few EPL clubs are going to pay the £10 million up front for a guy like Aribo, so the release clause is pretty irrelevant. If a deal is done it will most likely be structured in a way that suits both clubs, but not necessarily for £10 million.
£10 million is chicken feed for a player like Joe.

If the clause does exist I’d imagine teams will be more than happy to pay it.

Why wouldn't they pay 10 million? Seems a very good price for someone of his quality

Em... that quite literally makes him a Croatian International :))
I don't think he's been in the squad since those games. Are we counting Paul Hanlon or Andrew Cosandine as Scotland Internationals as well then?

Good signing no doubt for the fee, but as a backup player replacing Itten.

I don't think he's been in the squad since those games. Are we counting Paul Hanlon or Andrew Cosandine as Scotland Internationals as well then?

Good signing no doubt for the fee, but as a backup player replacing Itten.

Didnt really think this was a difficult concept, mate. Anyone whos represented their country is an internationalist. Theres no requirement other than that.

Seen this posted numerous times about him being signed as a 3rd choice striker.

Who is to say he's 3rd choice? Because he's not valued at £5-6m? Because he's not playing for a bigger club? Because he's 28 (which is apparently over the hill)? Because some posters have decided that that's all he's good enough for?

I'm sure if he does sign he won't be coming here thinking 'acht well, I'm 3rd choice'...

£2m or thereabouts seems to be a perfectly reasonable fee for someone who I'm sure would be coming here looking to fight it out for the striker role, regardless of who is or isn't still here.

Hope we get the deal across the line personally.

We need a third striker.
I don't even think that's in any doubt, yet some on here openly questioning it.
We have Alfredo coming back from a lady's front bottom of an injury and who knows when he will be fit
We have Roofe who for all his goals and ability just cannot stay available.
Beyond that we have Aribo ahead of Sakala, that tells you all you need to know about our options.
Colak looks like he is more than capable of playing lone striker for us (should we get him) which has proved an absolute nightmare of a position to fill when Alfredo hasn't been available.

Excited by this signing if it should go ahead, a player that looks to have a little bit of everything, finishes well with both feet, decent in the air, good turn of pace and strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back