The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect, he's almost 29. I think we can have a pretty good idea of his level after that long in the game. He did very little until about 24, then had some good seasons in Croatia, did nothing in Greece and then had a good season in Sweden. I've no doubt he can contribute and is better than Itten but I wouldn't say I was excited, his only good seasons have come in countries who are 19th and 23rd in the rankings.
I'll add you to the list then mate as you clearly know little about him apart from his stats like the rest of us.

Why wouldn't it be used here then, especially for fans of a club whose origins are closely linked to that great sport?

Edit, never mind. It's way off the transfer topic.

Just not sure many people actually know what it means despite it being thrown around - as per one of the comments above re what someone thought it meant.

That said - you’re right! It’s off topic. Was just a comment

Colak, Botheim, Solbakken and Dallinga are all players we should be definitely looking at.

The UECL winners are losing out on Solbakken, Galatasaray (Tiny club) are interested in Botheim, Toulouse are landing Dallinga for €2.5m

And we're just holding out on Colak, not willing to go to €2.7m by the looks of it right now.

It's frustrating that we aren't making moves, and people say trust the process etc, but the players needed and available to take us to the next level are going to be snapped up.

And we'll probably come away with Tom Lawrence and Ross Stewart.

I'm hopeful I'm just overthinking it and I'll be wrong but bugger me sideways do we do some fucking about.

Colak, Botheim, Solbakken and Dallinga are all players we should be definitely looking at.

The UECL winners are losing out on Solbakken, Galatasaray (Tiny club) are interested in Botheim, Toulouse are landing Dallinga for €2.5m

And we're just holding out on Colak, not willing to go to €2.7m by the looks of it right now.

It's frustrating that we aren't making moves, and people say trust the process etc, but the players needed and available to take us to the next level are going to be snapped up.

I'm hopeful I'm just overthinking it and I'll be wrong but bugger me sideways do we do some fucking about.
We've agreed a fee for Colak though.

I'd want Botheim without a doubt so it's a shame to hear he's asking for mega money.

He's probably wanting upwards of £50k a week, he will get that at Leeds or similar sized clubs.

Ive clearly missed something but where is all the Galatasaray small club stuff coming from? Did one of then say something when we played them?

H&H update: Rangers agreed a fee with PAOK over Colak, PAOK unwilling to finalise on it yet.

So basically, yeah nothing has been agreed and it looks more likely PAOK will reject and rangers may walk away

Seen this posted numerous times about him being signed as a 3rd choice striker.

Who is to say he's 3rd choice? Because he's not valued at £5-6m? Because he's not playing for a bigger club? Because he's 28 (which is apparently over the hill)? Because some posters have decided that that's all he's good enough for?

I'm sure if he does sign he won't be coming here thinking 'acht well, I'm 3rd choice'...

£2m or thereabouts seems to be a perfectly reasonable fee for someone who I'm sure would be coming here looking to fight it out for the striker role, regardless of who is or isn't still here.

Hope we get the deal across the line personally.
It just a way for posters to talk down any signings we make a strange bunch if you ask me.

No no seriously if we end up with Lawrence and Stewart we riot.

Just got to a European final, the board need to show ambition

H&H update: Rangers agreed a fee with PAOK over Colak, PAOK unwilling to finalise on it yet.

So basically, yeah nothing has been agreed and it looks more likely PAOK will reject and rangers may walk away
Not just in this ordeal, but Greek clubs always seem a pain in the arse to deal with.

The fees agreed for Colak and from what the club are briefing Lawrence and Stewart aren't targets it's just agents at work.

Botheim has just torn up what presume will be a big contract in Russia he will want to make up for that and it's something we can't compete with or do as a club.

By the mere fact that people trot that description out willy nilly these days.

cliché

noun
  1. 1.
    a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought.

There is thought behind it though. We need a penalty box striker in the mould of Kirs Boyd who can rattle in goals against SPFL cannon fodder.

The tims have multiple players who fit that description: Furushashi, Giakomakis, Turnbull, Rogic etc. They all look like superstars against dross in the league and struggle at a higher level.

We're looking for someone similar to supplement guys like Morelos and Kent in our forward areas. Don't see the issue with that.

As this thread is littered with football pish-talk - Are we now waiting on player power to save the day?

Those two paragraphs say almost completely opposite things.
Looks like we’ve agreed an acceptable fee but they’re not willing to sell yet for whatever reason, maybe waiting for a replacement or waiting or any higher bids from elsewhere, and we might get fed up with it and move on. What I’m taking from it.

H&H giving the same info on Colak as Rangers review so clearly they have been briefed by the club

Fee agreed then PAOK starting dragging their heals. Rangers may walk away if it continues
I hope we do, if it continues.

There is thought behind it though. We need a penalty box striker in the mould of Kirs Boyd who can rattle in goals against SPFL cannon fodder.

The tims have multiple players who fit that description: Furushashi, Giakomakis, Turnbull, Rogic etc. They all look like superstars against dross in the league and struggle at a higher level.

We're looking for someone similar to supplement guys like Morelos and Kent in our forward areas. Don't see the issue with that.

Except the actual origins of the phrase in cricket are more to do with playing conditions than the quality of opposition.

PAOK better get themselves sorted sharp then. Ideally he is in for our first friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back