The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the more likely repeat scenario next season is a stumbling winter rather than a European Final with this same squad, or close to it, it took a European Final to reengage them, that's not our season to season reality.
Are you saying they weren't engaged prior to the final. If that were the case then surely that would be an even bigger achievement?

Last edited:
Should be all over this if the report is true.

Perhaps just me being thick, but Galatasaray being “willing to offer 700,000 €” is not exactly saying that the player can be had for 700k.

People also need to wake up to the transfer fee being one potentially small element of a transfer cost, matters not a jot if it’s a sub-1m transfer if the player wants £50k a week and a wedge of a signing-on fee for example.

Even when the quoted price was 2m I thought Rangers should have been all over it, at 700k that would be unbelievable business.
I agree. But I won’t be getting semi’d up over it because it’s really all about the player and what he wants. If it’s over our max which is believed to be 40k a week then it’s not worth even thinking about.

I agree. But I won’t be getting semi’d up over it because it’s really all about the player and what he wants. If it’s over our max which is believed to be 40k a week then it’s not worth even thinking about.
Do you mean what he would want in wages mate? I can’t imagine him being on much at Bodo surely he wouldn’t be demanding mega money.

Perhaps just me being thick, but Galatasaray being “willing to offer 700,000 €” is not exactly saying that the player can be had for 700k.

People also need to wake up to the transfer fee being one potentially small element of a transfer cost, matters not a jot if it’s a sub-1m transfer if the player wants £50k a week and a wedge of a signing-on fee for example.

We could still put something in that may attract him if they were to accept a 1m euro ( or less ) fee mate ?

Even if we offered a big big signing on fee & close to our peak salary ( Say 30k ) it would still be not that expensive for guys of that level ?

Skov Olsen - Was it 5m fee ? And I’m sure his salary would have been significant ? 2m to Solbakken & his agent plus the Bodo fee would still come in at less ?

This position is surely for our star purchase of the summer.

Wonder where big Balogun will end up. See he is on holiday in Italy.
Heard a rumour a few weeks back about a Scottish team wanting him.. would imagine Hearts or Hibs.

Don’t think he’ll stay in Scotland - player of his quality should get a move back to Germany easily enough

Heard a rumour a few weeks back about a Scottish team wanting him.. would imagine Hearts or Hibs.

Don’t think he’ll stay in Scotland - player of his quality should get a move back to Germany easily enough

Not a chance Hearts or Hibs are getting him. Far too good for both.

No chance he’s going to either. Will get a good move in Germany or England I’d imagine.

It was Hearts. Would be some signing for Hearts but doubt he'd go there.

The only way I could see it happening is if he has a young family, he doesn't want to move away. Does Balogun have kids?

I don't think he's been in the squad since those games. Are we counting Paul Hanlon or Andrew Cosandine as Scotland Internationals as well then?

Good signing no doubt for the fee, but as a backup player replacing Itten.
If you are capped by your Country you are an international player, so yes.

I'm not sure where your confusion lies.

In the meantime, let me give you some information about Botheim;

Rangers wanted Antonio Colak from Paok, but Paok also turned down Rangers' latest offer.

Botheim is on the Rangers' transfer list and the news is that Rangers will head to Botheim together with Ross Stewart.
H&H said a couple of days ago that we are not interested in Stewart, makes me think this guy is just guessing

Folk on here kidding on they know Colak because of a couple of goals against us and a Youtube video.

The fact is we don't so you then trust the management team and give the guy the opportunity to prove himself.

Those that are 'underwhelmed' and those that think 'he will score a barrowload up here' are none the wiser.
With respect, he's almost 29. I think we can have a pretty good idea of his level after that long in the game. He did very little until about 24, then had some good seasons in Croatia, did nothing in Greece and then had a good season in Sweden. I've no doubt he can contribute and is better than Itten but I wouldn't say I was excited, his only good seasons have come in countries who are 19th and 23rd in the rankings.

With respect, he's 29. I think we can have a pretty good idea of his level after that long in the game. He did very little until about 24, then had some good seasons in Croatia, did nothing in Greece and then had a good season in Sweden. I've no doubt he can contribute and is better than Itten but I wouldn't say I was excited, his only good seasons have come in countries who are 19th and 23rd in the rankings.
He’s 28.

With respect, he's 29. I think we can have a pretty good idea of his level after that long in the game. He did very little until about 24, then had some good seasons in Croatia, did nothing in Greece and then had a good season in Sweden. I've no doubt he can contribute and is better than Itten but I wouldn't say I was excited, his only good seasons have come in countries who are 19th and 23rd in the rankings.
You don't even have his age correct :))

I think Colak will be that "flat track bully" type forward we've been missing - a guy who will regularly bang them in against SPFL fodder. It's one area the tims have been better than us in recent seasons, and usually sees us struggling more in run of the mill league games than they do.
Not the flat track bully cliche again!

With respect, he's almost 29. I think we can have a pretty good idea of his level after that long in the game. He did very little until about 24, then had some good seasons in Croatia, did nothing in Greece and then had a good season in Sweden. I've no doubt he can contribute and is better than Itten but I wouldn't say I was excited, his only good seasons have come in countries who are 19th and 23rd in the rankings.
He's 28

I see I was too slow

That’ll do us. Our strikers last few years haven’t scored anywhere near as many as they should

Exactly. The tims have clearly been flat track bullies and have multiple players who fit that mould. Don't see the harm in us going for one or two of the same considering it's the area we've struggled most in over the past few seasons.

Kris Boyd is another who fits that description for me. It's exactly what we're lacking in the forward areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back