The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he plays second half will tell us a lot. If he does I can see Rangers pulling out the deal. As obviously club have confirmed fee has been agreed, PAOK would be messing us around if this is true by playing in a meaningless friendly.

Absolutely, we have needed a striker who can stay fit and score against the dross for years now.
The black and white of the matter is that if we had one then the games against Motherwell x 2, Hearts, Ross County, Aberdeen and Dundee United would have been 18 points instead of 6 points. You can blame McGregor and the defense in these games, which I did, but the reality is in almost all of these games we had more than enough chances to put the game to bed

Honestly.....do posters never learn?
So keen to be the first with news, they post any old pish they see without looking deeper
I did laugh at FOG news though.
Had me misty eyed

I think the club is being really well run now. I don't think we will be spending more than we bring in. That does not mean we are skint, just building a really stable future in a sensible timescale.

Pretty much my point. “Bringing money in” doesn’t necessarily mean from transfers. (Although that is the biggest single source of revenue)

However to say we must sell a player to allow us to recruit others isn’t quite true - as other posters have suggested.

The black and white of the matter is that if we had one then the games against Motherwell x 2, Hearts, Ross County, Aberdeen and Dundee United would have been 18 points instead of 6 points. You can blame McGregor and the defense in these games, which I did, but the reality is in almost all of these games we had more than enough chances to put the game to bed
Couldn’t agree more mate, the amount of chances we missed in those games were criminal.

We won’t break our structure for anyone, and rightfully so.
Was just coming on to say this. Can be disappointed to miss out on the player absolutely, but to be disappointed to lose out on wages isn’t something you can necessarily use to bash the club, the guy could be getting offered £40/50/60k a week elsewhere which we just can’t do

Good point

Great post well said.

I’d tell PAOK they have until tonight to accept the “agreed” fee level if they have verbally accepted our terms

PAOK will have a pissed off player if we walk away
I partially agree with you as there is only so much time can be wasted chasing one player any more problems and I think it's time we gave them a deadline to do a deal or we look elsewhere.

No surprises with our lack of transfers to date and some of the comments on here.

I wouldn't say I'm in the know .... but I'm pretty sure we'll sign Somme Bodie very soon... he fits our profile being aged 23 or 29 when he played in Greece, with a sell on value of millions or 50 used programmes and a penny chew, he was born in Scanda low country in Eastern Europe and was capped by his country at youth level but later switched his allegencies to a West African dictatorship democracy based on his mother's, grandparents, 2nd niece's uncles hairdressers dogwalker, once owing a stamp collection from said country.
He can play through the middle, down the right channel and up.the left wing, is good with all 3 feet and at 8ft 17" sounds like he might win a few headers, he is also box to box, strong in the tackle, comfortable with the ball at his feet and comes off his line for crosses.

But the way things are going I'd be happy if we signed his sister Anie Bodie, but if Ross Wilson is involved we'll no doubt end up with his cousin Nobbie Bodie.
giphy.webp

We're not going to break our wage structure for Botheim, it would potentially cause a few problems down the line with retaining players.

Erik probably demands a wage that is genuinely outside of our wage structure. It IS possible that, despite everything else that we see from afar, we actually are a well-run club.

You have to assume that with Botheim ripping up at 6mil contract, his wages reflect this as a free agent. In fact, since he is a free agent he's probably after, let's say, 30-40k a week and a few mil signing on bonus.

Do we break the wage structure for him, only to then turn around and say to Alfredo or Kent that we can't go above our pre-defined structure? We're not going to do that.

But we might currently be negotiating a signing-on fee...

If Morelos has been offered a new deal and a wage ceiling has been reached with him then we can't break that for another player can we? How does that play in negotiations with Morelos?

Erik probably demands a wage that is genuinely outside of our wage structure. It IS possible that, despite everything else that we see from afar, we actually are a well-run club.

You have to assume that with Botheim ripping up at 6mil contract, his wages reflect this as a free agent. In fact, since he is a free agent he's probably after, let's say, 30-40k a week and a few mil signing on bonus.

Do we break the wage structure for him, only to then turn around and say to Alfredo or Kent that we can't go above our pre-defined structure? We're not going to do that.

This is a great point, plus I would choose to Keep Morelos everytime over getting Botheim. Morelos is proven, and even though Botheim looks a great prospect we don’t know if he would be a success.

The benefits of a ripped up contract

If Morelos has been offered a new deal and a wage ceiling has been reached with him then we can't break that for another player can we? How does that play in negotiations with Morelos?

A signing bonus. Keeps the same wage structure but we offer him x amount of money to sign a new deal. I imagine that's how we managed to get Goldson to sign on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back