The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not though if we are happy to spend a transfer fee and wages on a top player and with Botheim we dont even need a transfer fee why not give him some beefed up wages. Long term we sell him for 10M+ anyway

The last sentence is nowhere near a guarantee.

And the main reason we'd never do that is because we'd have all our top players and any future signings of good players demanding the same when we can't afford multiple wages at that level.

What is this huge love-in for Botheim?

Talk of breaking wage structures/huge signing on fees?!?

He was 4th top scorer in the Norwegian league last season.

And............that's really about his only claim to fame.

We'll probably sign him now and I'll have to pretend he seems a really good player whilst everyone celebrates.

He was part of one of the most free scoring teams in Europe. Bodo get goals from all over the park. He scored 2 in a 6-1 win over eventual winners Roma.

He’d be a phenomenal signing.

The last sentence is nowhere near a guarantee.

And the main reason we'd never do that is because we'd have all our top players and any future signings of good players demanding the same when we can't afford multiple wages at that level.
Scared money dont make money somebody once said i think

He was part of one of the most free scoring teams in Europe. Bodo get goals from all over the park. He scored 2 in a 6-1 win over eventual winners Roma.

He’d be a phenomenal signing.

My god.

Is it because he scored against Celtic?

The guy's stats are rank average to poor.

Why not though if we are happy to spend a transfer fee and wages on a top player and with Botheim we dont even need a transfer fee why not give him some beefed up wages. Long term we sell him for 10M+ anyway

You break your wage structure for one player, it’s a matter of time before your other big earners are in asking for similar.

You then either end up with an unhappy dressing room, or an unsustainable wage bill.

You can sometimes get away with it if you’re bringing in a top quality superstar but, as a previous poster has mentioned, this guy isn’t even nearly there yet.

Agreed. Botheim would be the sort of player that would fit our (supposed) model perfectly. Come in, score goals, sell in 12-18 months time for a hefty profit.

Can you not read? He scored 2 goals against Roma.

You’ve clearly never seen him, or Bodo play. If you had, you wouldn’t be dismissing him.
He's good, but spending 40k+ a week wages on a player who wouldn't start for us unless Morelos is 100% going would be mental. Even then, those wages would still be over what we would be willing to pay.

He's good, but spending 40k+ a week wages on a player who wouldn't start for us unless Morelos is 100% going would be mental. Even then, those wages would still be over what we would be willing to pay.

I agree that would be mad if he wasn’t a starter. But from a business perspective, as a replacement for Alfie, it would make a lot of sense. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

As that would break our wage structure and could cause problems with the rest of the squad

Kamara
Aribo
Kent
Morelos

These situations need resolved one way or another. ASAP

Sign a deal or we will notify your agent that you are available for transfer.

Nothing will happen until these are resolved

Can you not read? He scored 2 goals against Roma.

You’ve clearly never seen him, or Bodo play. If you had, you wouldn’t be dismissing him.

I've pointed out above how a much better player than him, in the same league, scored far more goals and went for free to Red Star. That's a phenomenal signing.

I've pointed out how Botheim has done zilch apart from a 1 in 2 record in Norway in the last season. Before that, nothing. He may come on, he may not but 1 in 2 in Norway is meh. The guy Red Star got 27 in 29 games. Now that would excite me.

Morelos was scoring 11 in 12 matches before we signed him from a league rated alongside Norway.

He scored 2 goals vs Roma? WOW!

Tony Watt scored against Barcelona. Can we still sign him?

I look at the big picture but if some of you mentalists are hell bent on elevating this Norwegian journeyman to great heights then so be it.

I only hope we don't sign him. I said exactly the same with Itten who had a better record but was obviously light-weight. I said Morelos was a steal.

But you guys know better. That's great...let's break the bank to get him and all his (well hidden) skills.

And then you have all the other players wanting more who have delivered .

Who also says we sell him for 10 million.

I've pointed out above how a much better player than him, in the same league, scored far more goals and went for free to Red Star. That's a phenomenal signing.

I've pointed out how Botheim has done zilch apart from a 1 in 2 record in Norway in the last season. Before that, nothing.

Morelos was scoring 11 in 12 matches before we signed him from a league rated alongside Norway.

Tony Watt scored against Barcelona.

I look at the big picture but if some of you mentalists are hell bent on elevating this Norwegian journeyman to great heights then so be it.

I only hope we don't sign him. I said exactly the same with Itten who had a better record. I said Morelos was a steal.

But you guys know better. That's great...let's break the bank to get him and all his skills.

At least you’ve admitted that I know better.

Impossible to take you seriously in any way when you dismiss Roma as some sort of jobbers.

Because professional football players are spoiled entitled wee tadgers.
If one is on 100k a week and there's someone else in the squad on 105k they'l start greetin about it. Kick up a fuss and ask why someone else is on more than them when they are so wonderful and much better

I've pointed out how Botheim has done zilch apart from a 1 in 2 record in Norway in the last season. Before that, nothing. He may come on, he may not but 1 in 2 in Norway is meh. The guy Red Star got 27 in 29 games. Now that would excite me.

I only hope we don't sign him. I said exactly the same with Itten who had a better record. I said Morelos was a steal.

But you guys know better. That's great...let's break the bank to get him and all his skills.
Calling a 22 year old a journeyman is a stretch.

We get it you don’t like Botheim and fancy the boy from Red Star.

If 40k per week from Galataaray is accurate for Botheim is does seem on the steep side given his achievements thus far.

But you guys know better. That's great...let's break the bank to get him and all his (well hidden) skills.
Journeyman?

He's just turned 22.

Please tell me your maths is wrong… that isn’t much at all we should’ve been offering that or better. If Bodo asked for 2m for him and he wanted 40k we’d all be shocked at what a steal that is for us
40 grand a week? We aren't paying anyone 40 grand a week fuxsake

I only hope we don't sign him. I said exactly the same with Itten who had a better record but was obviously light-weight. I said Morelos was a steal.

The Norwegian league is 17th in the UEFA coefficient while the Finnish is 36th, wouldn’t have them at the same level.

The Norwegian league is 17th in the UEFA coefficient while the Finnish is 36th, wouldn’t have them at the same level.

Spot on, they’re not even remotely the same level, the standard is way above the Finish league.

Botheim is 6 years younger than Omoijuanfo. This is quite a spectacular rant.

The top scorer in Norway had a good season...Ohi Omoijuanfo. He scored 27 goals in 29 games.

Now that's a good season. Red Star signed him on a free. Now that's a good signing.

Botheim scored 15 in 30. We're talking about spending all-sorts on him.

That's not a good signing in comparison.

Agh , but what are Red star paying him ….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back