The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe being more solid at the back this season will give the current midfield a bit more to play with. Think Lundstram could do some real numbers if he's afforded the time in the right areas.

We wont be as solid at the back as we need to be with McGregor in goals sadly. Praying that McLaughlin starts the season as our #1 but I just can't see it.

Anyone reckon we'll sign a midfielder? I would've said we could do with two at the start of the window, but after giving Arfield and Davis another year I can't see it.
At the moment no we have Lundstram, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Sands, Arfield, Kelly.

Advanced options are Aribo, Hagi, Lowry.

You also have Ofoborh who is sidelined with health issues.

Looking at our options was it wise giving Davis and Arfield new contracts ? We have needed more quality in CM a different type of player to what we have and again the squad is bloated in near enough every position bar the RW and ST roles.

At the moment no we have Lundstram, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Sands, Arfield, Kelly.

Advanced options are Aribo, Hagi, Lowry.

You also have Ofoborh who is sidelined with health issues.

Looking at our options was it wise giving Davis and Arfield new contracts ? We have needed more quality in CM a different type of player to what we have and again the squad is bloated in near enough every position bar the RW and ST roles.

I would've said the same. It was a natural parting point for both of those two to be replaced to allow Gio to freshen up his midfield. Signing them both on for another season seems as if we're almost guaranteed to sell Aribo or Kamara (or maybe even both).

I didn’t realise this was the “Anything but Rangers Transfer thread”.

Christ almighty how hard is it to keep the thread on topic and not derail it?

That's the way player power is taking us.
Maybe they're worth more to us on the pitch than they are being sold.
It's not the model we're trying to follow though. We need to be selling these players. If they sign a new contract and we sell them down the line then fair enough but if we're at January and all 3 are here and no contracts for them are signed then it's unacceptable.

The youth signings are a huge leap forward, Lowry/King knocking on the door, a few more just a bit behind and hoovering up the cream of the rest of the academies,King from Motherwell being the latest.
I dont think a single one of us expected the rock that is Goldson still to be here, Colak pretty much done and dusted Souttar also in.
If you look for negativity FF is the place to be, i don't think we are doing too shabbily so far, my glass is half full at all times.

I would've said the same. It was a natural parting point for those two to be replaced to allow Gio to freshen up his midfield. Signing them both on for another season seems as if we're almost guaranteed to sell Aribo or Kamara (or maybe even both).
If Aribo goes we will definitely bring in a replacement Hagi is out for the foreseeable future and I think we will take our time with Lowry.

If Kamara was sold then for me we have to bring in a starting eleven player to partner Jack/Lundstram I think that has to be the case.

But again will we do it especially with the latter I'm not sure.

It's not the model we're trying to follow though. We need to be selling these players. If they sign a new contract and we sell them down the line then fair enough but if we're at January and all 3 are here and no contracts for them are signed then it's unacceptable.
You can't sell what nobody wants to buy. How many offers have we had for the three of them?

Gerrard? It was 4 points, it went to 6 after they drew to St Mirrens reserves at Xmas under Gio, they were absolutely running on empty and we were 100% heading to Parkhead to finish them off at New Year then the fixtures got moved.
To be fair we weren’t exactly firing on all cylinders at that point either.

They'll go in as favourites alone for their unbeaten run as you mention but there's not much between the sides at all. If we can recruit in the right areas there's no reason we can't do it again next year the squad we have is better than what a lot of people give it credit for.
Well said.

Guess we didn't strengthen our squad when we signed Kent then? Would've went into that season with Barker on the left wing if we didnt beat Legia.

Regardless of what way you dress up, they are bringing players and so far, we aren't.

The point @LightSaber is making though, as things stand, is it's the same players we faced last season, except for the left back.

We've brought in Souttar and lost Balogun.

Neither side is particularly different from last season, at the moment.

You can't sell what nobody wants to buy. How many offers have we had for the three of them?
We are consistently fed the line they no one was sold because Gerrard didn’t allow it, not that we received no bids. It’s also part of a DoF’s job to drum up interest in players.

Before the fixtures were moved we definitely where, we had won every game and only drew with Lyon after Gio came in. If the fixtures had been played when they where supposed to we would have battered them at Parkhead, no doubt about it.
Might’ve been winnings game but every game felt like a chore then. The Dundee United/St Johnstone/ St Mirren and the Hibs away game during December we were struggling in.

Do you really think we've signed Souttar to warm the bench? He's a first choice pick. Even if Helander manages to stay fit he wont be asked to play twice a week.

He is an upgrade on Balogun.

It would help if Helander stopped picking up serious injuries that rule him out for long periods of time there wasn't much he could do to avoid either injury he picked up last season. The season he did manage to stay fit he was available for 48 games and only missed 6 through knocks/covid. Would still move him on if we could though given his contract situation.

It would help if Helander stopped picking up serious injuries that rule him out for long periods of time there wasn't much he could do to avoid either injury he picked up last season. The season he did manage to stay fit he was available for 48 games and only missed 6 through knocks/covid. Would still move him on if we could though given his contract situation.
We cannot moan and criticise Helander’s injury record and then praise the signing of someone like John Souttar. His record is every bit as bad if not worse. We seem to have this obsession with signing injury prone players.

Do you really think we've signed Souttar to warm the bench? He's a first choice pick. Even if Helander manages to stay fit he wont be asked to play twice a week.

He is an upgrade on Balogun.

I think Souttar and Helander will play a similar number of games.
Both have injury issues that will be carefully managed and neither will be overplayed.

You say Souttar hasn't come to warm the bench and I agree.
However Helander also won't be looking to be a bench warmer.

Don't forget, when he's fit, he's a first pick central defender for a better international team than Scotland and has played regularly in Europe for Rangers and other club sides.

We cannot moan and criticise Helander’s injury record and then praise the signing of someone like John Souttar. His record is every bit as bad if not worse. We seem to have this obsession with signing injury prone players.

Point is more that Helander gets unfairly criticised for his injury record in his time here.

We will but it will depend on outgoings imo.

A RW will come in and so will Colak (Hopefully) anything else is up for debate.

Essentially looking at the squad and the players back from loans I'm finding it extremely difficult to see us adding anyone else so we have to move players on asap.

I'm still hopeful we can sign a CM and CB and if Aribo goes then a replacement will be needed.

Yes, after the right winger & Colak, I think it’ll be in’s & outs matching CB.

My guess is Aribo & Borna will go & be replaced, but my guess is that, and no more right or wrong than anyone else’s.

If as expected Aribo is for the off this summer does anyone think we will spend the money on a RW rather than direct replacement?

I personally don’t Sandbear. I think a RW will come in no matter what.

I really do hope he’s genuine quality, rather than a cheap hope & see signing.

Helander takes some flak, up until recently the man had never lost a league game with Rangers.

During our invincible league win, he was the keyman, even much more so than Goldson at times.

Don't know if people forget that or just focus on his injuries?

Souttar won't easily displace him if fit though. Tell you that for free.

The being skint chat because we haven’t signed someone/anyone needs to be chilled ASAP.

Players will be tracked. We will have people we are interested in at the right price. Options will be being worked through for the positions GvB/Wilson have identified BUT if the right player doesn’t become available or there is no one that fits our bill we won’t spend money for the sake of spending.

We have a strong squad that just made the final of the europa league. We have one youngster absolutely straining at the leash to force his way into the first 11 - I would love to know how much a guy like Lowry would cost if we were looking at a similar player from another club, I’d guess quite a few million. We clearly will strengthen (Colak) and may lose a top performer (Aribo) but people need to stop losing their shit, it’s embarrassing.

giphy.webp

Guess we didn't strengthen our squad when we signed Kent then? Would've went into that season with Barker on the left wing if we didnt beat Legia.

Regardless of what way you dress up, they are bringing players and so far, we aren't.

Erm... aye mate.

Helander takes some flak, up until recently the man had never lost a league game with Rangers.

During our invincible league win, he was the keyman, even much more so than Goldson at times.

Don't know if people forget that or just focus on his injuries?

Souttar won't easily displace him if fit though. Tell you that for free.

It goes both ways L72 - at times people say he's the best CB at the club. Absence either makes someone be seen in a more positive or negative light - due to injuries and frustration around that I expect that influences people's thoughts.

Hopefully they both remain fit and that's a healthy competition for a place.

We are consistently fed the line they no one was sold because Gerrard didn’t allow it, not that we received no bids. It’s also part of a DoF’s job to drum up interest in players.
As I said in an earlier post, perhaps we see greater value, at this stage in having them available on the pitch? How, for instance, do we replace Morelos this summer? The same goes for Kent. Would the likely fees received be sufficient to replace them with adequate quality? We are Rangers and we have to win trophies, that is the bottom line. There's a balance to be struck, for sure, but performance and success on the playing field will always be paramount at Ibrox. For what it's worth I think we'll sell Aribo and possibly one other this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back