The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way I see it right now they're favourites and quite big favourites. I'm sure that will get me accused of being on wrong board if you go against the collective narrative. But that's way I see it.
It was only 4 points in it in the end up. Just feels like more because it was such a big swing from the lead we had.

I think it'll be eeksie-peeksie between us, with them as slight favourites coming in as champions.

If Gerrard was dictating transfers out it just shows the board up as being weak and incompetent, especially if we are short of cash which most people defending the lack of spend are saying.

You can't have it both ways.
It defeats the purpose of having a DOF if the manager is dictating who leaves the club. Players should’ve been moved on last summer and that may have allowed us more of a budget for last summer pre-Malmo.

We need to strengthen our starting eleven and neither Souttar nor Colak do that. It would be unacceptable to go into this season with the almost the exact same starting eleven that’s been ran into the ground for the last four years.

But this Rangers new singing = Not good but Celtic signing = Good is boring as sin.

I never said Souttar was bad or Bernabei was good though. They've strengthened at left back. We've lost one centre back and replaced him with another.

Souttar's a fine player but I don't think for a second that he's on Goldson or Helander's level right now. That's not a criticism.

I’m honestly not sure how you come to that conclusion?

So far they have added a left back. That’s it.

And the title was very close, ultimately hinged on losing against them at Ibrox . That was it. There was precious little between us last season.
Too many folk too easy pleased.

They had their worst start to a league in decades. Once they got their squad together and settled they won it from a 7 point handicap so in reality from that point on it wasn't as close as some of us make out. The bottom line is we need big improvement to win our ultimate goal next season and that's the title. People trying to sugatcoat that reality are off the mark.

We need improvement and hopefully we'll see that, i'm not in any panic yet as its still early.

I wouldn't' be so sure about that. None of us know how Souttar will get on as a Rangers player, he could be the signing of the season for all we know. Same as with their new left back. None of us have a clue how it will pan out.

But this Rangers new singing = Not good but Celtic signing = Good is boring as sin.
The 1 thing we know from multiple bits if evidence is Souttar is injury prone. So that diminishes chances of a POY season.

How have they strengthened?

And is Souttar not an upgrade on Balogun? Colak an upgrade on Itten?
This season & last they addressed their weaknesses eg 2 decent keepers now & a new LB - granted we don't know his quality, but it's a position they knew had to be strengthened. Re-signing Vickers is on a par with us re-signing Goldson.

Time will tell if Souttar is an upgrade on Balogun - am hopeful, but as yet Souttar hasn't played a single minute for us, so we don't know. Ditto Colak, but yes, he should bring more to us than last season's version of Itten (if we get him).

As many have said, the title looks very close next season - so we need some new faces that will give us the advantage - put us ahead in the race. That's what we need IMO.

There's not much in it at all. 100% agree. But someone has to be favourites and right now it's them.

We could go out and sign three nailed on starters in the next week and obviously that changes things.

The right sided winger signing will tell us a lot. I hope we go balls to the wall for it.

I agree with you I just don't believe they are stronger vickers is a good signing for them but Maeda isn't better than anything we already have at the club. Don't know anything about their left back and Siegrist on his day is decent but makes mistakes.

I get the trend is to slaughter everyone write every player we have off as crap or talk down the squad in general but as I said if we recruit in the right areas then we can go win the league next season. Right wing is key said alot in this thread it's the priority but after that we can only replace like for like and hope we can get some of the non contributors out the door.

They beat the shit easily . Only season this team and it definitely looks like we're going in with pretty much same guys again have is 55. That's it. League was lost because of 1-1 at home to Hearts. Only beating an absolutely horrendous Aberdeen team once. 3-3 Ross County . 2 each at home to Motherwell after being 2 up. There's probably more. That's the reason the team has failed multiple years their inability to deal with bread and butter jobbers. Nothing to do with OF games.
It’s nothing to do with OF games…………….yet had we beat them at Ibrox we would have been champions.

I’d say it’s got a lot to do with OF games. Suggesting it’s got nothing to do with it is a bit mental.

I never said Souttar was bad or Bernabei was good though. They've strengthened at left back. We've lost one centre back and replaced him with another.

Souttar's a fine player but I don't think for a second that he's on Goldson or Helander's level right now. That's not a criticism.

I would say replacing Balogun with Souttar is an upgrade and our squad is stronger for it.

It was exactly the point I was making.

We need to invest to move forward.

No more cheap pints filling the squad.
Mate you said they would be dined out on forever and nobody was allowed an opinion as if people were referencing Manchester and telling you it was fine.

I agree with your point but 55 and Sevill were recent enough for people to point to and say we're not a bad side.

No. Cup would've been nice. Not falling apart after winter break twice then repeating again for old times sake the season just past would've been nice as well.

You obviously were if you're saying we've failed 3 out of 4 times. First year we didn't have the squad to win the league, second year yes we collapsed but let's not forget how that season actually ended and last year wasn't the same as year 1 or 2. Too many dropped points through our own doing through missed chances, Gio getting it wrong and some decisions not going in our favour in certain games.

Had we won the cup 2019 then I think we would have won more by now.

Are people always this crazy? I’ve never known our support to be so crazy and acting this way over transfers!

It’s not even July and we have 5 weeks before we play in the champions league qualifiers

We have Uefa FFP regulations to meet and I personally believe the club will be looking to maximise profits for this season following years of losses

Come 1st of July we should see more movement across most clubs as most will have year end June 30th

Who’s to say the club don’t have deals agreed already? Who’s to say the manager wants to hold off incase he loses someone so he can bring in a higher calibre of player?

People need to calm down. This is the downside and punishment of not winning the league.

This is great to see. The next MASSIVE step though is how we start getting the academy boys integrated into more 1st team game time.
With 5 subs it should definitely be possible.
I’d argue that in home games against teams in the bottoms half we should be able to give the odd youngster a start.

Lowry has definitely shown he looks like the real deal but given our overall financial position bringing through our own talent should be a key tenet of our plan.

We’ll lose them otherwise and it won’t be as easy to attract the next lot.
This is where Dave Vos will be instrumental. He knows how the pathway from the academy to the first team at Ajax worked so it should stand us in good stead. I don't know anything about the running of our academy, but it seems we have stepped up our efforts this summer.

It’s nothing to do with OF games…………….yet had we beat them at Ibrox we would have been champions.

I’d say it’s got a lot to do with OF games. Suggesting it’s got nothing to do with it is a bit mental.
I'll pick 3 games off top of my head that we should've won against absolute shite that if we had we win league by 2 points. Won't even pick Ross County away a team that if you score 3 against and don't win you really need to question.
Hearts at home. 1 each had enough of ball and chances to win the game 2 times over.
Motherwell at home 2 up .Should've won that game 4 or 5 nil. 2 each.
Dundee Utd away. Enough of ball enough chances like other games mentioned 1 each.
Just like in Gerrard failed seasons the OF games don't come in to play as it was games like those and others that really cost us. Don't take care of the dross you don't win the league no matter what happens in OF games. This isn't really a hard thing to understand. Yet we will have people wondering why same players drop the same points next season. That lot deal with the pish time and again in a far more efficient way than us.

5 years ago we were all in agreement that we had to make our mark in Europe.
That was where the money was and how we'd be judged by the rest of Europe, as nobody outside of Scotland was interested in who won the Scottish domestic trophies.

Fast forward 5 years and we now have the fastest growing coefficient in Europe and just reached a European final.
We were able to do that because our board and investors backed the manager and absorbed and covered the losses, which were particularly heavy during the COVID period.

In comparison the "wonderfully well run celtic" have a coefficient about half of that of ours, are a constant laughing stock every season in Europe, as they stumble from humiliation to humiliation, be it Rodgers, Lennon, or Postecoglu that's leading them.

Suddenly though, there's a noisy wee clique on here that have moved the goalposts.
The rhetoric is European finals, the finance it brings, along with credibility and admration throughout Europe means nothing now.
It's now all about the taarrier slogan "2 trophies in 4 seasons."

We've added Souttar, they've added a left back nobody knows anything about.
That's how the transfer window situation currently stands.

The way they speak you'd think last season's squad, along with the Souttar addition, was comparable to Pedro's mob and we're going into this season as complete whipping boys, despite finishing last season the stronger side.

It's a really creepy way to look at the club you supposedly support imo.

I'll pick 3 games off top of my head that we should've won against absolute shite that if we had we win league by 2 points. Won't even pick Ross County away a team that if you score 3 against and don't win you really need to question.
Hearts at home. 1 each had enough of ball and chances to win the game 2 times over.
Dundee Utd away. Enough of ball enough chances like other games mentioned 1 each.
Just like in Gerrard failed seasons the OF games don't come in to play as it was games like those and others that really cost us. Don't take care of the dross you don't win the league no matter what happens in OF games. This isn't really a hard thing to understand. Yet we will have people wondering why same players drop the same points next season. That lot deal with the pish time and again in a far more efficient way than us.

Motherwell. Blatantly offside goal cost us the win

Dundee Utd. Blatant penalty denied which potentially cost us the win

This thread is absolute aids
Haven’t been on since I got home from work and it's literally been 17 pages of absolute horseshit.

We've signed Souttar and Colak (should happen) so far and we've not improved. Minks sign a LB and players who were on loan last season but that makes them big favourites...have I got that right? :))

Granted they did pump some teams last season but to say they brushed off the rest of the shite with ease is a stretch, how many offside goals and dodgy calls did they get the benefit of. Long story short we fucked it last season. I'm away for a can of juice :cool:

Absolutely no middle ground on here it seems :))

The unrelenting negativity of some is then outweighed by some unrelenting happy clappy positivity.

Folks. This is a good squad, but let’s not say that domestically last season was not poor.

There is much much room for improvement to that starting 11.

Domestically is where its at this season for us. It’s time to step up. We must improve on that front.
Middle ground can be a dirty word in here, but it's where I sit, we need to improve our first 11, I think that's pretty obvious.

I'm still hopeful we will do just that.

Are people always this crazy? I’ve never known our support to be so crazy and acting this way over transfers!

It’s not even July and we have 5 weeks before we play in the champions league qualifiers

We have Uefa FFP regulations to meet and I personally believe the club will be looking to maximise profits for this season following years of losses

Come 1st of July we should see more movement across most clubs as most will have year end June 30th

Who’s to say the club don’t have deals agreed already? Who’s to say the manager wants to hold off incase he loses someone so he can bring in a higher calibre of player?

People need to calm down. This is the downside and punishment of not winning the league.

Thank feck for a bit of sanity.

Anyone reckon we'll sign a midfielder? I would've said we could do with two at the start of the window, but after giving Arfield and Davis another year I can't see it.

The dross matters, of course they do.

But you said it’s got nothing to do with OF games. Which is nonsense. Of course they do.

I wouldn't' be so sure about that. None of us know how Souttar will get on as a Rangers player, he could be the signing of the season for all we know. Same as with their new left back. None of us have a clue how it will pan out.

If Souttar is fit, he will be in our starting 11 IMO. A cracking player and a bit of a nasty bastard as well.

The dross matters, of course they do.

But you said it’s got nothing to do with OF games. Which is nonsense. Of course they do.
I'm saying every season since Gerrard built this team it's not the OF games that have cost us. We've done fine in OF games. It's stupid dropped points against shite that apart from 1 season that mob deal with 9.5 time out of 10.

It's not our support though, its some folk on here frustrated at everything not happening all at once and a few absolute roasters/Celtic fluffers who shout and shout and shout the same stuff day in day out that gives that impression.

In the real world Rangers sold out our season tickets in record breaking time a few weeks after competing in a European final, there is no real discontent.

Rangers will make 2 or 3 new signings, maybe more if anyone is sold and we'll be good to go.

Middle ground can be a dirty word in here, but it's where I sit, we need to improve our first 11, I think that's pretty obvious.

I'm still hopeful we will do just that.
We will but it will depend on outgoings imo.

A RW will come in and so will Colak (Hopefully) anything else is up for debate.

Essentially looking at the squad and the players back from loans I'm finding it extremely difficult to see us adding anyone else so we have to move players on asap.

I'm still hopeful we can sign a CM and CB and if Aribo goes then a replacement will be needed.

It's not our support though, its some folk on here frustrated at everything not happening all at once and a few absolute roasters/Celtic fluffers who shout and shout and shout the same stuff day in day out that gives that impression.

In the real world Rangers sold out our season tickets in record breaking time a few weeks after competing in a European final, there is no real discontent.

Rangers will make 2 or 3 new signings, maybe more if anyone is sold and we'll be good to go.
Completely agree.

I reckon I’ve put more people on ignore in this thread in the last week than Ive ever put on in FF in my life, my head hurts less not having to tolerate their nonsense.

We all agree we need a couple of decent new players, nobody is suggesting otherwise, but I simply can’t get my head around those expecting either a huge turnaround, and/or wanting it all concluded last week.

What's the type of contract they 2 players have signed got to do with strengthening their squad? Aren't they the 2 players that were also there last year? How is that strengthening their squad.

As for the left back, you seen enough of him to guarantee he also strengthens their squad as well?

Its just so weird that they have DEFINTIELY got stronger as they've signed a new left back no one knows a thing about, however we DEFINITELY HAVEN'T with our new signing.
Guess we didn't strengthen our squad when we signed Kent then? Would've went into that season with Barker on the left wing if we didnt beat Legia.

Regardless of what way you dress up, they are bringing players and so far, we aren't.

Not a chance. Isn’t he same sided anyway as Goldson?

It’ll be Goldson and Helander/Bassey if Fil ever gets fit.

Goldson and Bassey have the shirts

Do you really think we've signed Souttar to warm the bench? He's a first choice pick. Even if Helander manages to stay fit he wont be asked to play twice a week.

He is an upgrade on Balogun.

Mate you said they would be dined out on forever and nobody was allowed an opinion as if people were referencing Manchester and telling you it was fine.

I agree with your point but 55 and Sevill were recent enough for people to point to and say we're not a bad side.
I didn’t say we were a bad side, but I do think now, if not 12 months ago was when we needed to build on that.

We’ll see what the rest of the window brings, but I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking we would have been more active by now.

As for 55 and Seville I accept your point. My point was more general in that we do have some that won’t hear any criticism of the board or this group of players. I’m saying I can see it still being trotted out years down the line. We’re dreadful for wallowing in the past.

I’m more interested in how we get 56 and make our mark in Europe again. I don’t want to look backwards.

As exciting as the season ended, we ultimately ended up with a solitary Scottish Cup in the trophy cabinet. That’s not good enough for us, I may be in the minority but I don’t consider it a successful season. It’s harsh because we were a penalty shoot out away from it being possibly the best ever. We lost though sadly, and those are the fine margins.

The league now especially with the reward at the end has to be the absolute priority for us. We cannot allow a financial gap between us and them to widen.

Would like a goal scoring midfielder but will keep my fingers crossed

Maybe being more solid at the back this season will give the current midfield a bit more to play with. Think Lundstram could do some real numbers if he's afforded the time in the right areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back