The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how you could say its a disaster.

What costly decisions do you mean?
Lets not kid ourselves here mate. There are posters on here who want shot of the board, for the crime of not throwing money about, you know the thing that nearly finished us. They're just waiting for the first excuse.

So unless they can come up with names of people who are going to take over and pour their own money into it, then the best they can do is shut the f**k up.

Always remember, some fans cheered whyte along Edmiston drive as our saviour. What a success that was.

"Our big advantage" - what was that? A decade in the boondocks while they had the change to build up a mountain of European cash?

Who is briefing you about accepting "this is just the way it is"?
Having a settled title winning squad with 40m in our sights. Possibly 80m if we had won the league again, as expected. Up against a club in disarray, new CEO, struggling to get a new manager, multiple players wanting out including their 2 best players.

Somehow we managed to %^*& it all up, and it has swung back in their favor. The European run is the saving grace but these players will not be successful domestically next year. We've seen enough of them over the years to already know that.

They're our biggest rivals and manage to run a successful business. Because of that they've managed to flip our big advantage in only one summer due to our failings as a club. We're now being briefed by some of our fan media people that this is just the way it is now, and we better get used to it.

I am obsessed with how that managed to happen, and how it looks like the gap will get further again this summer. 100% correct. I don't like in a little blue tinted glasses fantasy land where everything they do is utterly shite and we're better "just because".
Seriously, what failings as a club?

I am as pissed as anyone that we didn't win the league last year but I don't think it marks a terminal decline.

We lost the league on 1 game after playing in every competitive game possible bar the league cup final. We also played Thursday Sunday for months and got to a European final. All that while losing our manager, striker (talisman) and back up striker as well as one of our best defenders. Celtic also had to go on one of the best league runs they have ever been on. Not the disaster some people make out. We will win the league.
I think we will too but itll come down to Old Firm games which I feel we have the advantage. What we need are reinforcements to contribute to beating the rest of the league consistently.

Cant forget our stars’ contracts running out though as if not rectified we might see them looking ahead to their next move mid season and losing focus which would derail us particularly after Xmas which we know too well about

"Our big advantage" - what was that? A decade in the boondocks while they had the change to build up a mountain of European cash?

Who is briefing you about accepting "this is just the way it is"?
Does winning a league title by 25 points not put a club at a big advantage when going into the following summer? Quite clearly we had an advantage over them when you recall how much of an utter shambles they were twelve months ago. Regardless of our European success, there’s no way in hell we should have been surrendering the league title as quickly as that.

You really hate Rangers, don't you?
Either that or just like to wind folk up.
Hate them but yet again next year will rarely every miss a game home, away & abroad. I think a lot of people online are just a bit apathetic to it all.

The opinions on here rarely correlate to the things I see and hear travelling the world with Rangers fans in recent times.

Is that it. If you're happy with 1 league win in a blue moon crack on. I and others may now be in minority on here but we're not. The success of 55 was celebrated . You then want to move on to next. We going to celebrate the 2 of them forever? They're done what you doing next should be the question from the support? Obviously not.

But what are you doing about it - have you not renewed your season ticket? Vowed not to buy merchandise? Will we see you asking a question at the AGM and voting against the re-election of the Board? Are you involved with C1872 in an effort to gain a larger shareholding for supporters?

Of course we all want to win. You're not in a minority. I want a guaranteed 30-goal striker each season. But I'm also realistic and try to view matters in context.

They're our biggest rivals and manage to run a successful business. Because of that they've managed to flip our big advantage in only one summer due to our failings as a club. We're now being briefed by some of our fan media people that this is just the way it is now, and we better get used to it.

I am obsessed with how that managed to happen, and how it looks like the gap will get further again this summer. 100% correct. I don't like in a little blue tinted glasses fantasy land where everything they do is utterly shite and we're better "just because".

What gap? We had a few silly slip ups and made an arse of the home Old Firm towards the end of the season, but reverse that result and we're champions.

Then look at Europe. We smashed through some top class opposition on the way to the Europa League Final while your lot got papped out the Vauxhall Conference by a WiFi password.

We only need a couple of astute signings and we're in a very good place. Celtic need to spend big on last seasons loan players just to stand still.

Does winning a league title by 25 points not put a club at a big advantage when going into the following summer? Quite clearly we had an advantage over them when you recall how much of an utter shambles they were twelve months ago. Regardless of our European success, there’s no way in hell we should have been surrendering the league title as quickly as that.
But, it was close. :D

Nobody has left for nothing yet though, have they? I'd also put it to you that until the likes of Aribo, Morelos and Kent tell us whether they intend to stay - and it will be their decision whether to accept new contracts/run down existing contracts/move - then we will struggle to move on with transfers. For example, Colak would be fine as a backup striker but if Alfie wants to move on this Summer then we will be needing every penny we can muster for a first choice striker, not just what we can sell Alfie for. Same with the other two.

Will we be pushing them to either extend or go? Of course we will. The power though, is with the player.
I’m aware they haven’t left for nothing, my point was that it isn’t “genius” to allow all of your main assets to run their contracts down to the final year almost all at once. One of them should’ve been sold last year when they were at their peak value on the back of 55.

They spent 25m. Doing that in Scotland guarantees you will either win the league or be damn close. Totally negated our ‘advantage’

What gap? We had a few silly slip ups and made an arse of the home Old Firm towards the end of the season, but reverse that result and we're champions.

Then look at Europe. We smashed through some top class opposition on the way to the Europa League Final while your lot got papped out the Vauxhall Conference by a WiFi password.

We only need a couple of astute signings and we're in a very good place. Celtic need to spend big on last seasons loan players just to stand still.
We've been good in Europe for 4 seasons now. It hasn't correlated to domestic success. There is an issue there.

I think we will too but itll come down to Old Firm games which I feel we have the advantage. What we need are reinforcements to contribute to beating the rest of the league consistently.

Cant forget our stars’ contracts running out though as if not rectified we might see them looking ahead to their next move mid season and losing focus which would derail us particularly after Xmas which we know too well about
Absolutely,

We need to sell either Aribo or Kamara - preferably Aribo in my opinion and use that to get new contracts and 2 new players in and we should be good to go.

They spent 25m. Doing that in Scotland guarantees you will either win the league or be damn close. Totally negated our ‘advantage’
We perhaps would’ve had money to spend last summer if we could’ve implemented the much talked about player trading model at that stage.

I agree that it is a trend we are seeing elsewhere but when you’re playing in a backwater then “player-trading” is the only way to become self sustainable. We cannot afford to lose any of these guys for nothing. If we do then that’s Martin Bain levels of stupid.

Nobody will leave for nothing though mate.

Not a chance.

I’m aware they haven’t left for nothing, my point was that it isn’t “genius” to allow all of your main assets to run their contracts down to the final year almost all at once. One of them should’ve been sold last year when they were at their peak value on the back of 55.
Its up to the player though. Liverpool had/have Mane/Salah/Firmino all entering their last year this Summer. They've now moved Mane on but the other two are now into their last year and potentially walking away for nothing next Summer. We might be talking different levels but the same principle applies. I'm sure, like us, its not something Liverpool intended but you can't put a gun to someone's head and say 'sign a new contract' and nor can you force them to move on if they don't want to.

Who did we receive a bid for other than Patterson that we could have sold last summer?

Its up to the player though. Liverpool had/have Mane/Salah/Firmino all entering their last year this Summer. They've now moved Mane on but the other two are now into their last year and potentially walking away for nothing next Summer. We might be talking different levels but the same principle applies. I'm sure, like us, its not something Liverpool intended but you can't put a gun to someone's head and say 'sign a new contract' and nor can you force them to move on if they don't want to.
Liverpool aren’t reliant on player sales for a transfer budget.

Here's a scenario. Let's imagine we go out in the next couple of weeks and spend the guts of, say, £15m on a CM, RW and a couple of strikers - will that placate you? Or (as I suspect) will you go on to rant & greet about something else at Rangers that isn't to your liking.

Having a settled title winning squad with 40m in our sights. Possibly 80m if we had won the league again, as expected. Up against a club in disarray, new CEO, struggling to get a new manager, multiple players wanting out including their 2 best players.

Somehow we managed to %^*& it all up, and it has swung back in their favor. The European run is the saving grace but these players will not be successful domestically next year. We've seen enough of them over the years to already know that.
What if? Change of manager and a couple of draws? That's the game we are in.

Celtic spent £33m last summer if my fingers and thumbs add up - their "new CEO" is a long term director of the club.

Players won't be successful next season? Well, they won one league trophy and weren't far off another last season whilst winning a cup final and getting to another after 18 games.

keep hearing this "spend to stand still" shit

did you think the same when we signed ryan kent?

But what are you doing about it - have you not renewed your season ticket? Vowed not to buy merchandise? Will we see you asking a question at the AGM and voting against the re-election of the Board? Are you involved with C1872 in an effort to gain a larger shareholding for supporters?

Of course we all want to win. You're not in a minority. I want a guaranteed 30-goal striker each season. But I'm also realistic and try to view matters in context.
Why would I boycott? Did so when King asked. I'm too old for Rangers tops.Not a share holder.C1872 is all politics shit show as usual with fan groups. I will bitch and moan about it on here and elsewhere. There are legitimate questions that seem to get rubbished or you're accused of being a Tim for voicing them.

How could we have sold when there were no bids?

What if? Change of manager and a couple of draws? That's the game we are in.

Celtic spent £33m last summer if my fingers and thumbs add up - their "new CEO" is a long term director of the club.

Players won't be successful next season? Well, they won one league trophy and weren't far off another last season whilst winning a cup final and getting to another after 18 games.
Their new CEO was Dom McKay. Of course you mean Nicholson, so 2 new CEO's. Good point, forgot about that.

Same players that won the league by 25 points? Oh yeah that players.

Our closest rivals spent millions and our inspirational leader chucked it - but I guess you're already aware of that.

I'm pretty sure that The beasts have only qualified twice for the group stages of the champions League in the last 10 seasons. Apart from that being scudded in the early stages of the uefa cup and group stages of it when it changed to the Europa League. They've certainly made the most of that free access to Europe..

That and pretty much ever one of their signings had an impact.

I think they are weaker though which is strange having spent so much to stand still

There's hee haw between the teams as it stands we saw that after the game they battered us in at the Piggery. The game at Ibrox we fooked it for ourselves but the cup semi and the game at the Piggery we played them off the park. It's probably going to come down to games against each other next season that determines who wins the league but I suspect trips to Pittodrie and Easter Road will be far different to last season.

No offence mate but I heard exact same spiel last summer.
No you didn’t. What you heard was “they’re sh1t. We will win it by 25/30/100 points. “ Kamara was Zidane.
We won 55 fair and square but they’d stopped playing for their manager by January. It was always going to be closer last season simply because Lennon was not their manager. And it was close last season. As it will be this.

See a lot of people moaning about arfields extention and happy to sell aribo first but they were our 2 best players the first half of last season. If Arfield never got injured and Aribo hadn't went to Afcon we would have won the league. Aribo was unstoppable and a level ahead of everyone else in the team and Arfield looked 5 years younger. I'm glad we gave Arfield a new deal as I think he can still have an impact in the league this season and if Aribo hits the ground running like last season he'll win us matches on his own

No you didn’t. What you heard was “they’re sh1t. We will win it by 25/30/100 points. “ Kamara was Zidane.
We won 55 fair and square but they’d stopped playing for their manager by January. It was always going to be closer last season simply because Lennon was not their manager. And it was close last season. As it will be this.
Way I see it right now they're favourites and quite big favourites. I'm sure that will get me accused of being on wrong board if you go against the collective narrative. But that's way I see it.

Our closest rivals spent millions and our inspirational leader chucked it - but I guess you're already aware of that.

We were 1 old firm win away from winning the league and we played the last 3 of them without our main striker. 2 of those games we were by far the better team and just couldnt put them away.

Fine margins. The way league titles have always been before our troubles. If fate had been with us, we were only a penalty kick and a win in one old firm away from sitting with an unprecedented treble.

Same players that won the league by 25 points? Oh yeah that players.
Whilst it would be ridiculous to write our entire squad off as shite, there was a horrendous swing in points last season resulting in us losing the league. To simply sit there and rely on past achievements and assume we will do similar going forward, just because we did it once before, leads you down a dangerous path.

It's the same as people saying that getting to a Europa League final should be held up as some sort of guarantee that we will be successful going forward without even needing to refresh the squad. It's asking for trouble.

Go as we are and we will be fucked IMO.

Way I see it right now they're favourites and quite big favourites. I'm sure that will get me accused of being on wrong board if you go against the collective narrative. But that's way I see it.
I’m honestly not sure how you come to that conclusion?

So far they have added a left back. That’s it.

And the title was very close, ultimately hinged on losing against them at Ibrox . That was it. There was precious little between us last season.

What makes them big favourites?

We have a strengthened defence, they have the same and about to be weakened by Juranovic being punted.

They are about to either stand still in midfield/attack with signing Maeda on a perm and Jota. If Jota doesnt sign they are weakened.

Where exactly is the big favourites element coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back