The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet only a few posts ago you were talking of the "competent people" at Parkhead who lost an even greater advantage...
They did, and someone had their jotters because of it.

Any sign of that here or are we still having a Motherwell accountant running our day-to-day?

We never sold because we valued winning the title and europe more than potentially losing a few million in a couple years time, that's proven to be a genius move.

We then started our model by selling our backup right back for not far off what Celtic sell their top assets for.
There is nothing genius about allowing our most valuable assets to get to a stage where they’re almost all free to sign pre-contracts elsewhere in six months time. If any of the trio of Morelos, Kent or Aribo get to a stage where they leave this club for nothing then it’s a dereliction of duty from Wilson as the DoF.

See before you hit reply, have a quick scan of your post and if it contains no mention of a Rangers transfer rumour don't post it. Go and find a suitable thread for it, if one doesn't exist go start one.

Staggering that people can't get this.

To make sure I'm not a hypocrite - Colak deal will happen next week (I think) and he's going to be a brilliant signing.

Some boak-inducing stuff from people trying to influence fans in to accepting just being turned over and having our bellys rubbed. "its just the way it is". They'll have a go at you for not being happy with those in charge either.

Whilst we have a club across the city spend tens of millions every summer, because they have competent people running their football club. Following & implicating a successful model. It can be done. It should have already well started. Not a Motherwell accountant.

I'd take 2 league titles, or a treble, or 5 cups over a European final, which seems to be the "but" on here. We are in no position to be turning our noises up at ANY type of domestic success these days. I will take anything we can get and if that means a cycle of selling players every year or two then I'm more than happy for that to happen.

"People trying to influence fans" - seems a strange way to describe giving an opinion?

If you judge how things are going at Rangers by what Celtic are doing, then I'd say you're approaching it wrong.

Let me ask this - if we done everything correctly, and they done everything correctly, who wins?

They had a steaming manager - that was our big advantage.

They got a semi competent manager and we slipped up at key points.

They stayed consistent, its not like it was a reverse of the situation.
They had to replace the crux of their starting line up, sold their two best players, rejected off of a manager, only got their manager in half way through June. Still won more trophys than us.

won't accept that because it was 'close', pathetic losers mentality.

Now becoming a boak filled Celtic love in on this thread rather than a transfer rumours thread

Brilliant

Let me guess John Knox Trumpet, Calcio and contract extension???

There should be a sticky at the top of the Bear Pit that they 3 are put on instant ignore for all users. Let them talk p*sh amongst themselves and like each others posts all day as they do anyway B-)

I take your point about not throwing money around but to be honest we resigned both Arfield and Shagger two players who most will agree are over the hill,surely their wages could have been used for at least a player coming in because for me Arfield does very little for us now and Shagger,great servant though he has been is just stuck to his line for every cross ball and again my opinion it's money down the drain.

They would have needed replaced with somebody to fit the home grown criteria.

Lewis Ferguson?

See before you hit reply, have a quick scan of your post and if it contains no mention of a Rangers transfer rumour don't post it. Go and find a suitable thread for it, if one doesn't exist go start one.

Staggering that people can't get this.

To make sure I'm not a hypocrite - Colak deal will happen next week (I think) and he's going to be a brilliant signing.

Naw. This thread is where the mental should be contained. Leave the rest of the forum alone!

I take your point about not throwing money around but to be honest we resigned both Arfield and Shagger two players who most will agree are over the hill,surely their wages could have been used for at least a player coming in because for me Arfield does very little for us now and Shagger,great servant though he has been is just stuck to his line for every cross ball and again my opinion it's money down the drain.

And those are fair points, I wouldn’t have given McGregor a year if being honest

Undoubtedly there are questions to be asked about some decisions but those demanding we spend money we may not have are a bit delusional imo

Tbf mate, you've hounded Tavernier for the past 2 seasons and repeatedly claimed Nathan was a far better full back than him.

Your opinion on our players is a bit questionable.

It’s also misleading for him to include money spent this summer and then only start counting trophies won in the previous two seasons. They could spend a fortune this summer and win a treble, or they could win nothing. One thing they won’t be is stale.

Our team needs significantly freshened at some stage. We all thought it would be this summer but we seem to keep putting this rebuild off for another 12 months each time. This summer was the year to do it (meaning let Arfield and McGregor) because next summer will be a big enough rebuild anyway with guys running down their contracts. We cannot go into this season expecting the same nine or ten players that have been ran into the ground since Gerrard came in in 2018 to go again.

Aren't they just the bestest?

They had to replace the crux of their starting line up, sold their two best players, rejected off of a manager, only got their manager in half way through June. Still won more trophys than us.

Who said accept?

They bought players, so did we.

Theirs worked, and a semi competent manager seen them have consistency. We paid for our inconsistency.

Stay in admiration of them though, thats the pathetic thing.

Some boak-inducing stuff from people trying to influence fans in to accepting just being turned over and having our bellys rubbed. "its just the way it is". They'll have a go at you for not being happy with those in charge either.

I get that side of the argument however the mentally challengeds have managed to win the league last year with basically a full new squad and management. Yeah they spent £20m, but we spent more than that over the course.

It was an absolute disgrace losing the league last year, and I'm not going to forget the players performances. Capitulating for the 3rd time in 4 years (for many) and some are happy to let them go at it again.

Short memorys.

They didn't have half the job that Gerrard had to do when he first came in the door though with the squad of players he inherited. Ange also inherited a squad that had won a lot over 10 years for them and made a few changes brought players in he knew and trusted them ultimately going on the run they did won them the league. We only had ourselves to blame for not winning the league as well with the way Gio approached certain games after the winter break it only took for the doing at the Piggery for him to learn from it. We were also seeing threads of wanting Gio out the door this summer as well.

Year 1 we didn't have the squad depth to win the league and in year 2 yeah we fell apart but let's not forget how that season ended as well. The cup performances in general haven't been acceptable I do think had the league cup gone the other way in 2019 we would have won more by now as bar 2 players the squad put together had never won anything.

They did, and someone had their jotters because of it.

Any sign of that here or are we still having a Motherwell accountant running our day-to-day?

You want the manager sacked?

Surely you're not that superficial of a football watcher to think the two situations are comparable.

There are justified criticisms of those at the Club but the fawning over Celtic is - to use your phrase - "boak-inducing". The media spin has done some job on you.

They're our biggest rivals and manage to run a successful business. Because of that they've managed to flip our big advantage in only one summer due to our failings as a club. We're now being briefed by some of our fan media people that this is just the way it is now, and we better get used to it.

I am obsessed with how that managed to happen, and how it looks like the gap will get further again this summer. 100% correct. I don't like in a little blue tinted glasses fantasy land where everything they do is utterly shite and we're better "just because".

Briefed? Are those in our fan media no longer allowed an opinion?

I'm all for difference of opinion and criticism of the club, but the 'Rangers shit, Celtic amazing' routine is bonkers – god knows how you can type it all out without getting the boak.

There is nothing genius about allowing our most valuable assets to get to a stage where they’re almost all free to sign pre-contracts elsewhere in six months time. If any of the trio of Morelos, Kent or Aribo get to a stage where they leave this club for nothing then it’s a dereliction of duty from Wilson as the DoF.
You are seeing that trend all over Europe even at the worlds biggest clubs.

The decision not to sell is what I was talking about and that has been genius, paid off big time when most would have panicked and taken the money.

Surely you're not that superficial of a football watcher to think the two situations are comparable.

There are justified criticisms of those at the Club but the fawning over Celtic is - to use your phrase - "boak-inducing". The media spin has done some job on you.
I interpreted his post as meaning Robertson should be sacked, not GVB. That’s a view that many fans have had for a long time.

A close title run from the advantage we have is utterly shambolic. Mismanagement and incompetent people running the show. We'll see if they mess up their new advantage.
The advantage we had? They spent 25m ffs. That will always guarantee a titie fight in Scotland.

The question is why have we not got it.

We have been in euro competition for a few years now culminating in a lucrative final last season. We have sold out tickets every season and pay over what fans of our rivals do year in year out. We have MyGers, wehave sponsors all over our strip and sell out merchandise.

The question isn't why do we not spend money we havent got, but why haven't we got it.
We have had to spend an inordinate amount of money to repair the infrastructure of Ibrox after years of neglect. We had no scouting system for years and that too had to be rebuilt.Directors kept us going with soft loans and we have repaid the interest bearing $5m due to Dave King. Ashley is still looking for his pound of flesh and how much that is and how much the legals are, we don't know.
We can only renew players contracts if they are willing to sign them and If not then they are at liberty to run them down. This Joe and Conor have done.Conor saw that Rangers are the biggest club he will ever play for and screwed the nut. Will Joe do the same? who knows. Depends on how homesick he is for London i suppose.

We are Rangers fans and are used to the best.The best stadium, the best players, the best artmosphere and all the trappings of success. This is a transfer window that has recently opened and although we haven't brought in a Gareth Bale or a Messi, I am sure that our scouts and management team are beavering away diligently under the cover of secrecy to keep us in our accustomed place...at the top.

Please always remember that WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

Losses year after year, yet there are posters that believe that the black hole in our finances just disappears after a run to the EL final and the sale of a few assets? Mental.

God help them if they run their own business.

It’s not even July. Let’s wait and see how we come out of the transfer window. If we can add Colak, I have full confidence that this team can make the group stages of the CL.

I rarely read media, only see it when its posted on here. Just not utterly blind to our pathetic failings & quite fed up of seeing the same people and their condescending attitudes towards some posters for daring to want the club to do better.

It’s also misleading for him to include money spent this summer and then only start counting trophies won in the previous two seasons. They could spend a fortune this summer and win a treble, or they could win nothing. One thing they won’t be is stale.

Our team needs significantly freshened at some stage. We all thought it would be this summer but we seem to keep putting this rebuild off for another 12 months each time. This summer was the year to do it (meaning let Arfield and McGregor) because next summer will be a big enough rebuild anyway with guys running down their contracts. We cannot go into this season expecting the same nine or ten players that have been ran into the ground since Gerrard came in in 2018 to go again.

Emm. Didnt Carter Vickers and Jota play for them last season? £15M worth of talent that only went on to the books this year, but played a significant part last season. Hardly "misleading".

You are seeing that trend all over Europe even at the worlds biggest clubs.

The decision not to sell is what I was talking about and that has been genius, paid off big time when most would have panicked and taken the money.
I agree that it is a trend we are seeing elsewhere but when you’re playing in a backwater then “player-trading” is the only way to become self sustainable. We cannot afford to lose any of these guys for nothing. If we do then that’s Martin Bain levels of stupid.

Enjoying the success of the team you support is not a "comfort blanket", it's what it is all about. Football is about joy, hope and expectation.

What are you getting out of it?
Is that it. If you're happy with 1 league win in a blue moon crack on. I and others may now be in minority on here but we're not. The success of 55 was celebrated . You then want to move on to next. We going to celebrate the 2 of them forever? They're done what you doing next should be the question from the support? Obviously not.

Sweet Jesus, I’m having you on ignore, you are becoming absolutely brutal with this constant drivel.

Seek help.

Hopefully we can get Colak over the line in the coming days, along with 1 other, bring some normality to this thread.

Last edited:
Same people had the 55 undefeated comfort blanket last pre season that everything was rosy and we'd walk league. How did that pan out?
We lost the league on 1 game after playing in every competitive game possible bar the league cup final. We also played Thursday Sunday for months and got to a European final. All that while losing our manager, striker (talisman) and back up striker as well as one of our best defenders. Celtic also had to go on one of the best league runs they have ever been on. Not the disaster some people make out. We will win the league.

They're our biggest rivals and manage to run a successful business. Because of that they've managed to flip our big advantage in only one summer due to our failings as a club. We're now being briefed by some of our fan media people that this is just the way it is now, and we better get used to it.

I am obsessed with how that managed to happen, and how it looks like the gap will get further again this summer. 100% correct. I don't like in a little blue tinted glasses fantasy land where everything they do is utterly shite and we're better "just because".
"Our big advantage" - what was that? A decade in the boondocks while they had the change to build up a mountain of European cash?

Who is briefing you about accepting "this is just the way it is"?

We lost the league on 1 game after playing in every competitive game possible bar the league cup final. We also played Thursday Sunday for months and got to a European final. All that while losing our manager, striker (talisman) and back up striker as well as one of our best defenders. Celtic also had to go on one of the best league runs they have ever been on. Not the disaster some people make out. We will win the league.
No offence mate but I heard exact same spiel last summer.

I agree that it is a trend we are seeing elsewhere but when you’re playing in a backwater then “player-trading” is the only way to become self sustainable. We cannot afford to lose any of these guys for nothing. If we do then that’s Martin Bain levels of stupid.
Nobody has left for nothing yet though, have they? I'd also put it to you that until the likes of Aribo, Morelos and Kent tell us whether they intend to stay - and it will be their decision whether to accept new contracts/run down existing contracts/move - then we will struggle to move on with transfers. For example, Colak would be fine as a backup striker but if Alfie wants to move on this Summer then we will be needing every penny we can muster for a first choice striker, not just what we can sell Alfie for. Same with the other two.

Will we be pushing them to either extend or go? Of course we will. The power though, is with the player.

Don't put yourself through it.
Ignore is your friend.

The world is a happier place without the taarier love ins.

There's other forums out there, if you want to read Walter Mitty stuff about how great ra hoops are.

The ignore function is rubbish though, if it was like Twitter and you simply didn't see each others posts ever again this place would be far more peaceful :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back