The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The opinions on here rarely correlate to the things I see and hear travelling the world with Rangers fans in recent times.

That's true but not in the way you mean - otherwise, for example, we would have heard songs wanting Gerrard and latterly Gio sacked.

The match-going support, especially away and Europe are far more behind the manager + players than you read online.

Whilst it would be ridiculous to write our entire squad off as shite, there was a horrendous swing in points last season resulting in us losing the league. To simply sit there and rely on past achievements and assume we will do similar going forward, just because we did it once before, leads you down a dangerous path.

It's the same as people saying that getting to a Europa League final should be held up as some sort of guarantee that we will be successful going forward without even needing to refresh the squad. It's asking for trouble.

Go as we are and we will be fucked IMO.
The points swing was from their manager not being pished 24/7 like the previous incumbent and them not not downing tools on the fat greek like they did with treacle teeth.

We were 1 old firm win away from winning the league and we played the last 3 of them without our main striker. 2 of those games we were by far the better team and just couldnt put them away.

Fine margins. The way league titles have always been before our troubles. If fate had been with us, we were only a penalty kick and a win in one old firm away from sitting with an unprecedented treble.
I can take the fact that we threw away a decent lead into account but everything you've said is undeniably true.

Had we not won the Scottish Cup I may be less relaxed.

The line we are consistently fed is that players weren’t sold because Gerrard wouldn’t allow it. That shouldn’t have been his decision and it’s left us in the situation we are in now with various player contracts.
Sorry, but not buying that at all. It's a line I've read a few times and it's made up nonsense. The reason we didn't sell last summer is because we didn't get offers. In January we sold Patterson because an acceptable bid was made, and that would also have been the case last summer with any player at the club.

But, it was close. :D
Look you’re supposed to clap regardless.

This notion you can continue to be successful without spending is nonsense. I’ve yet to have evidenced any team who is consistently successful based on frees and loans.

Sadly the teams who have the most cash tend to prevail. We absolutely blew the chance to put ourselves in that position by not making the CL last season.

My own opinion is our board are well intentioned, but not wealthy enough to take us forward. The other unfortunate reality is they are all we have as no one is interested in throwing good money after bad at us stuck in Scottish football.

I’m not overly excited about the short to medium term for us to be honest. Unless we kick start our player trading model and soon we’ll be picking up the scraps.

They have a financial advantage over us, and if they use it correctly it will be an immediate future of the odd trophy here and there.

Still you’re not allowed to have an opinion other than everything is great, and we shouldn’t be concerned at all.

Seville will be dined out on for years as will 55.

I’m honestly not sure how you come to that conclusion?

So far they have added a left back. That’s it.

And the title was very close, ultimately hinged on losing against them at Ibrox . That was it. There was precious little between us last season.

They've not lost a league game since September.

Right now, they've strengthened and we haven't (yet)

I don't think it's offside to suggest they're favourites for the title as of now.

Sorry, but not buying that at all. It's a line I've read a few times and it's made up nonsense. The reason we didn't sell last summer is because we didn't get offers. In January we sold Patterson because an acceptable bid was made, and that would also have been the case last summer with any player at the club.
We got offers for both Kent and Barisic last summer at least.

99841476-2091-42-C1-959-F-C51-A75-D21-C4-F.jpg

What makes them big favourites?

We have a strengthened defence, they have the same and about to be weakened by Juranovic being punted.

They are about to either stand still in midfield/attack with signing Maeda on a perm and Jota. If Jota doesnt sign they are weakened.

Where exactly is the big favourites element coming from?
They have replaced one full back with another and signed 3 players they had last season on permanent deals. They have an additional backbuo keeper to warm the bench. They are no stronger than last season at this point in time

Way I see it right now they're favourites and quite big favourites. I'm sure that will get me accused of being on wrong board if you go against the collective narrative. But that's way I see it.
How exactly are they BIG favourites? You're lucky if there's 3 of their players that would get a game for us. All we have to do is cut out the silly mistakes this year and we will win the league. Oh and one other thing, for the second half of the season they will actually have to play the same rules as the rest of us.

I’m honestly not sure how you come to that conclusion?

So far they have added a left back. That’s it.

And the title was very close, ultimately hinged on losing against them at Ibrox . That was it. There was precious little between us last season.
They beat the shit easily . Only season this team and it definitely looks like we're going in with pretty much same guys again have is 55. That's it. League was lost because of 1-1 at home to Hearts. Only beating an absolutely horrendous Aberdeen team once. 3-3 Ross County . 2 each at home to Motherwell after being 2 up. There's probably more. That's the reason the team has failed multiple years their inability to deal with bread and butter jobbers. Nothing to do with OF games.

Look you’re supposed to clap regardless.

This notion you can continue to be successful without spending is nonsense. I’ve yet to have evidenced any team who is consistently successful based on frees and loans.

Sadly the teams who have the most cash tend to prevail. We absolutely blew the chance to put ourselves in that position by not making the CL last season.

My own opinion is our board are well intentioned, but not wealthy enough to take us forward. The other unfortunate reality is they are all we have as no one is interested in throwing good money after bad at us stuck in Scottish football.

I’m not overly excited about the short to medium term for us to be honest. Unless we kick start our player trading model and soon we’ll be picking up the scraps.

They have a financial advantage over us, and if they use it correctly it will be an immediate future of the odd trophy here and there.

Still you’re not allowed to have an opinion other than everything is great, and we shouldn’t be concerned at all.

Seville will be dined out on for years as will 55.
Seville and 55 are not being dined out on they are being referenced as they occured in the last 2 seasons as suggestions everything is not as awful as some say it is.

I'd take your point if it was 7-8 years ago. They both occured inside the last 14 months.

If you don't like the clientele or general attitude on the forum why are you on here every day?

Your opinions don't bother me but I wouldn't waste my time with something or somewhere that irritated me so much.
Irritate?

Good place to stay updated with Rangers news, and I don't mind a good debate or hearing other view points. There are some good posters, I like to hear what they have to say and sometimes they change my views.

How have they strengthened?

And is Souttar not an upgrade on Balogun? Colak an upgrade on Itten?

They've strengthened at left back. I imagine he'll replace that wee gonk Taylor for the forseeable. No chance they're spending near £4m and not playing him.

Souttar might be an upgrade on Balogun as back up but as of right now, he's not an upgrade on Goldson or Helander.

How have they strengthened?

And is Souttar not an upgrade on Balogun? Colak an upgrade on Itten?
Because they've got their best CB from last season on a permanent deal, about to get Jota on a permanent deal and signed a new left back this week?

Going by Souttars injury history he will probably spend as much time on the sidelines as Helander.

They've strengthened at left back. I imagine he'll replace that wee gonk Taylor for the forseeable. No chance they're spending near £4m and not playing him.

Souttar might be an upgrade on Balogun as back up but as of right now, he's not an upgrade on Goldson or Helander.

How can you say for sure that the left back they've signed has definitely strengthened their squad but Souttar 'might' be an upgrade on Balogun?

Surely both 'might' strengthen their respective squads.

Absolutely no middle ground on here it seems :))

The unrelenting negativity of some is then outweighed by some unrelenting happy clappy positivity.

Folks. This is a good squad, but let’s not say that domestically last season was not poor.

There is much much room for improvement to that starting 11.

Domestically is where its at this season for us. It’s time to step up. We must improve on that front.

The points swing was from their manager not being pished 24/7 like the previous incumbent and them not not downing tools on the fat greek like they did with treacle teeth.
Precisely, they're no longer a shambles so we have to keep getting better to ensure we can get our title back. Simply saying "well, we won the league in 2021 with this group of players, so we will do it again in 2023" is fucking nonsense.

They've not lost a league game since September.

Right now, they've strengthened and we haven't (yet)

I don't think it's offside to suggest they're favourites for the title as of now.

They'll go in as favourites alone for their unbeaten run as you mention but there's not much between the sides at all. If we can recruit in the right areas there's no reason we can't do it again next year the squad we have is better than what a lot of people give it credit for.

How can you say for sure that the left back they've signed has definitely strengthened their squad but Souttar 'might' be an upgrade on Balogun?

Surely both 'might' strengthen their respective squads.

Because everyone fit, Souttar isn't replacing our first choice centre backs.

What makes them big favourites?

We have a strengthened defence, they have the same and about to be weakened by Juranovic being punted.

They are about to either stand still in midfield/attack with signing Maeda on a perm and Jota. If Jota doesnt sign they are weakened.

Where exactly is the big favourites element coming from?
They won the league and have improved and will likely still improve based on the rumours linking them to midfielders and centre backs showing theyre clearly still in the market. I hope this Jota saga ends badly for them itll weaken the squad and their fans psychology + get them angry and worried

Seville and 55 are not being dined out on they are being referenced as they occured in the last 2 seasons as suggestions everything is not as awful as some say it is.

I'd take your point if it was 7-8 years ago. They both occured inside the last 14 months.
The point is they are past.

We need to look forward.

We have a squad that has largely been together for four years.

It badly needs help and a refresh.

They also have a better back up keeper. Couple of seasons ago I would say we were top I'm that position at 1 and 2. Now I think you need to be pretty blinkered to nit say it's probably them.

We were 1 old firm win away from winning the league and we played the last 3 of them without our main striker. 2 of those games we were by far the better team and just couldnt put them away.

Fine margins. The way league titles have always been before our troubles. If fate had been with us, we were only a penalty kick and a win in one old firm away from sitting with an unprecedented treble.
You are right in your assessment, however, I believe had we gone with Mclaughlin for league games from November we'd be Champions

Because they've got their best CB from last season on a permanent deal, about to get Jota on a permanent deal and signed a new left back this week?

Going by Souttars injury history he will probably spend as much time on the sidelines as Helander.

What's the type of contract they 2 players have signed got to do with strengthening their squad? Aren't they the 2 players that were also there last year? How is that strengthening their squad.

As for the left back, you seen enough of him to guarantee he also strengthens their squad as well?

Its just so weird that they have DEFINTIELY got stronger as they've signed a new left back no one knows a thing about, however we DEFINITELY HAVEN'T with our new signing.

Reactions: M@x
And blew it the next year. Utterly crazy, isn't it?

We didn't blow "25 points"

We dropped 13 points compared to the previous season.

Unfortunately we lost to them twice, which was a 12 point swing and ultimately what did it

You can't equate them getting their act together to us blowing 25 points.

Absolutely no middle ground on here it seems :))

The unrelenting negativity of some is then outweighed by some unrelenting happy clappy positivity.

Folks. This is a good squad, but let’s not say that domestically last season was not poor.

There is much much room for improvement to that starting 11.

Domestically is where its at this season for us. It’s time to step up. We must improve on that front.
It's squad that's been together for years. Domestically it's failed it's main objective 3 out of 4.

They'll go in as favourites alone for their unbeaten run as you mention but there's not much between the sides at all. If we can recruit in the right areas there's no reason we can't do it again next year the squad we have is better than what a lot of people give it credit for.

There's not much in it at all. 100% agree. But someone has to be favourites and right now it's them.

We could go out and sign three nailed on starters in the next week and obviously that changes things.

The right sided winger signing will tell us a lot. I hope we go balls to the wall for it.

The point is they are past.

We need to look forward.

We have a squad that has largely been together for four years.

It badly needs help and a refresh.
Well yeah but that was far from the point I think you were trying to get across.

The thread has got to that point though.

The line we are consistently fed is that players weren’t sold because Gerrard wouldn’t allow it. That shouldn’t have been his decision and it’s left us in the situation we are in now with various player contracts.

If Gerrard was dictating transfers out it just shows the board up as being weak and incompetent, especially if we are short of cash which most people defending the lack of spend are saying.

You can't have it both ways.

Because everyone fit, Souttar isn't replacing our first choice centre backs.

I wouldn't' be so sure about that. None of us know how Souttar will get on as a Rangers player, he could be the signing of the season for all we know. Same as with their new left back. None of us have a clue how it will pan out.

But this Rangers new singing = Not good but Celtic signing = Good is boring as sin.

We didn't blow "25 points"

We dropped 13 points compared to the previous season.

Unfortunately we lost to them twice, which was a 12 point swing and ultimately what did it

You can't equate them getting their act together to us blowing 25 points.
What you can equate it to, however, is a real requirement for us to keep improving the first 11 wherever possible, and not rely on past glories as some sort of guarantee that we will do similar going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back