The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fair enough Lawwells son is the obvious connection, what players have they had recently from City?(genuine question btw) Seems obvious that they have access to the database for scouting with their signings. However, I certainly wouldn’t write off the Gio connection with them and would argue that could be more influential.
Guidetti, Denayer and Roberts are 3. There might be more.

No interest in an EPL loan signing with no chance of it being permanent. I'd rather give Lowry the gametime there, even if McAtee is a better player. No point having a youth making mistakes to learn the game when we don't reap the benefits later.

Bongonda looks good. Think we are looking at him incase Kent goes? Can't see us spending big on another left winger with Kent staying.

This is a nonsense. I do not blame Rangers here but we really need to walk away from this and look at other targets.

We have a season to prepare for, we can't be beholden to another club's striker search.
Makes complete sense from their pov and makes a bit of sense for us to wait if he’s our number one target, as long as they don’t start messing around money wise I don’t see a major problem. I’m sure we’ll be looking at other targets at the same time but hopefully a deal can be done asap.

Makes complete sense from their pov and makes a bit of sense for us to wait if he’s our number one target, as long as they don’t start messing around money wise I don’t see a major problem. I’m sure we’ll be looking at other targets at the same time but hopefully a deal can be done asap.
Makes sense for them? Who cares about them, we're Rangers!

Maybe it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances and as I say I don't blame Rangers here but we're beholden to an indefinite period here that could just drag on - how do we know how well placed PAOK are to bring in a striker?

Get this moved binned and move on to someone attainable.

Maybe it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances and as I say I don't blame Rangers here but we're beholden to an indefinite period here that could just drag on - how do we know how well placed PAOK are to bring in a striker?

Who cares about them? Rangers for starters as that’s how a transfer works, it’s an agreement between two clubs. It makes sense to wait for a short period and maybe give them a deadline or something. Should we disregard our number one target and move on to sign a second choice if it takes a week for PAOK to sign their replacement? Obviously if they take the piss and take too long then we move on but I’m sure we’ll still be monitoring our other targets until a deal is completed. They’re in need of a striker so I doubt they’ll take too long.

Lol...

This suggest the player isn’t as highly thought of as he is on FF.

A surprising move given the mishap in Russia. I would have thought a Western Europe team as the next step.

Was reported over there the other day he was wanting €45k a week and a €2.5m signing on fee. Their fans seem pretty confident they have Solbakken as well.

Who cares about them? Rangers for starters as that’s how a transfer works, it’s an agreement between two clubs. It makes sense to wait for a short period and maybe give them a deadline or something. Should we disregard our number one target and move on to sign a second choice if it takes a week for PAOK to sign their replacement? Obviously if they take the piss and take too long then we move on but I’m sure we’ll still be monitoring our other targets until a deal is completed. They’re in need of a striker so I doubt they’ll take too long.
Nobody can guarantee it will only take a week, it's already been dragging on all this week. Time wasted.

I'd give them until Monday or pull the deal, if Colak really wants it then he can do his bit.

We're not only signing Čolak for the next month or two, though. If he's deemed good enough to be a strong part of the squad for the next few years, we can wait another week if needed.

Nobody can guarantee it will only take a week, it's already been dragging on all this week. Time wasted.

I'd give them until Monday or pull the deal, if Colak really wants it then he can do his bit.
If he’s our number target and we really want him then it makes much more sense to wait on him. If PAOK are chasing a striker then I doubt they’ll take long to sign one. What difference will it make if we have to wait a little while longer?

Read on the twitter that he was after £50k a week.

Huge money for a guy who’s relatively unproven, to be honest. Albeit someone with a good deal of potential.
£2m a year salary and £2.5m signing on fee.

Given what he went for in January and the potential for a club to make a decent profit on him I think he's justified in these demands.

Seems the hold up is Krasnodar are appealing against him terminating his contract and want €20m in compensation for him.
Could be a lot of that going on this year. Only takes one case to go for a Russian club and players and clubs will be hung out to dry.

We haven't sold anybody that's went onto be a success that sets a precedent.

They have sold Wanyana, Forster, Van Dijk, Armstrong, Tierney, Ajer, Dembele - all have done well after they have sold them

We have no track record to speak of as yet. We need to sell somebody who is a success when they leave us to start building that reputation
Spot on. Sickening, but spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back