The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not only signing Čolak for the next month or two, though. If he's deemed good enough to be a strong part of the squad for the next few years, we can wait another week if needed.
How do you know it's another week?

I always try and defend Ross Wilson but this is exactly why he gets criticism, no conviction. Just take your time PAOK, don't mind us we'll just wait.

Give them a date to get the deal done or walk away, we have absolutely no control, information or idea of a timeframe for how long it will take them to sign a striker, all the while we are meant to be preparing for a season.

It's easy to just sit and say what's another week but there's no guarantee of that. I'd prefer us to have control of our own business instead of standing on the sidelines waiting.

I always try and defend Ross Wilson but this is exactly why he gets criticism, no conviction. Just take your time PAOK, don't mind us we'll just wait.

Give them a date to get the deal done or walk away, we have absolutely no control, information or idea of a timeframe for how long it will take them to sign a striker, all the while we are meant to be preparing for a season.

It's easy to just sit and say what's another week but there's no guarantee of that. I'd prefer us to have control of our own business instead of standing on the sidelines waiting.

So would I, but I'm not for cutting our nose off to spite our face.

If Čolak is the man we want to be part of the squad for years to come, and we need to wait, it's worth doing.

There's too big a panic about the CL qualifiers overall. Our decisions can't be swayed by that.

Was reported over there the other day he was wanting €45k a week and a €2.5m signing on fee. Their fans seem pretty confident they have Solbakken as well.

Weekly salary too much for us.

It’s the 2nd time he’s become available in the last year and yet no English or German club has taken the chance.

The biggest transfer of the Summer involves a Norwegian. I would have thought there were clubs who wouldn’t want to miss out on another potential young striker.

If Čolak is the man we want to be part of the squad for years to come, and we need to wait, it's worth doing.

There's too big a panic about the CL qualifiers overall. Our decisions can't be swayed by that.
I've not mentioned CL qualifiers in a single post, not one.

You are willing to wait, but you are willing to wait without any guarantee whatsoever that the player will actually become available for transfer. Are you happy to let that situation run until August 31st?

What is PAOKs budget for a striker? Is the player they want available? Have their scouting team been identifying in preparation for this window? How long will it take for them to negotiate with the players and the selling club? Are they at all of a mind that keeping Colak is a serious option?

How is it acceptable for us to just stand by while we have absolutely no idea or control about any of the above?

If we had a cast iron guarantee the deal would take 1 more week then fine, this is not about impatience. I'm uneasy with playing a waiting game when we can't even be fully certain of the final outcome.

Maybe we (the club) do though.

Just because we (the fans on a messageboard) don't have the details doesn't mean Rangers staff don't know the situation.

If McAtee worked out he would be the first wonder kid to do so.

Bit of a joke if this kind of loan was made to replace Aribo.

If Aribo was to go and we were to replace with youth then it has to be our own youth and Lowry would be that man.
We have a league to win.

What if McAtee is a level above Lowry and would give us much more this season. Would you still go with Lowry?

Hope not.

We have no idea how Hagi comes back from injury. We would need him to come back faster though and I cannot see that happening.
Natural progression mate.

If Hagi moves inside and we sign a RW I’ll be delighted. Lowry and Arfield can cover until Hagi is back and firing.

You are willing to wait, but you are willing to wait without any guarantee whatsoever that the player will actually become available for transfer. Are you happy to let that situation run until August 31st?

What is PAOKs budget for a striker? Is the player they want available? Have their scouting team been identifying in preparation for this window? How long will it take for them to negotiate with the players and the selling club? Are they at all of a mind that keeping Colak is a serious option?

How is it acceptable for us to just stand by while we have absolutely no idea or control about any of the above?

If we had a cast iron guarantee the deal would take 1 more week then fine, this is not about impatience. I'm uneasy with playing a waiting game when we can't even be fully certain of the final outcome.
Lol fck sake..

Hopefully we don't enter into negotiations with anyone else during this mayhem....

If it takes until August 31st and he's the right guy, so be it.

I don't know if he is or not - I guess none of us do really, impossible to predict with any certainty, but if the club are happy to wait, I'm not sure it's fair to criticise them for that.

We've made clubs wait in the past ourselves, it'll happen sometimes. If you're looking for full control of those situations, that's always going to be difficult to achieve.

I like him in truth. He’s an honest big player. Not sure he will make it at Ibrox though, but he has ‘something’. I get the point about age though, for us he’s kinda floated between the u18s and the B Team. Probably too good for one and not quite good enough for the other. Will face some stiff competition in the B Team this coming season.
Will be interesting to see how he gets on being presumably the “main man” as the striker in the B team, although I suppose Lovelace may be a factor there. In the Glasgow Cup semi final he came on for Weston after Weston had really struggled to get any change out of Jullien – Ure coped a lot better up against (a possibly tiring) Jullien and we looked much more dangerous after he came on. Hope the boy does well as I saw he was out in Seville and his heart is definitely in the right place.

If it takes until August 31st and he's the right guy, so be it.

I don't know if he is or not - I guess none of us do really, impossible to predict with any certainty, but if the club are happy to wait, I'm not sure it's fair to criticise them for that.

We've made clubs wait in the past ourselves, it'll happen sometimes. If you're looking for full control of those situations, that's always going to be difficult to achieve.
I disagree

Of course all transfers are complex and things take time but I would draw the line at agreeing to wait 2 months for a transfer that might not end up happening - I really don't know how you would sell that to the supporters.

Full control is difficult but I'd expect us to being trying to exert as much control as we can, as will PAOK of course, if the circumstances simply dictate that the deal cannot be done in an acceptable timeframe, move on.

We have a league to win.

What if McAtee is a level above Lowry and would give us much more this season. Would you still go with Lowry?
As I said in my original post, if what you are saying was to be the case, it would be the first time that had worked out for us that way with a wonder kid.

How many wonder kids won a league alone anyway?

I would rather pass on other teams wonder kids from now on and concentrate on developing our own youth.

Just my opinion.

Sick of loaning these young guys with 0 first team experience. They aren't any better than experienced first team players like Aribo, Hagi etc who have played hundreds of games for us, and we have our own very talented youth players to develop also.

Get this chat in the bin, hopefully nothing in it.

Found a new refreshing approach to the transfer window.

If we accept that we're not signing anyone, we won't be disappointed if we don't, and will be pleasantly surprised if we do.

Win win.

I totally get the growing concern over the perceived 'slow' activity in the market.

Unfortunately, these things take time and the club have become incredibly tight lipped about dealings. I find it hard to believe that the club isn't acting behind closed doors to bring in the right player; the radio silence just breeds paranoia and stress.

As for the great unwashed across the city? They've got a new left back and a reserve goalie and spent the bulk of their transfers on players already there. Not exactly setting the world alight with astounding business.

Good point

Sorry did I say something funny or factually incorrect there because I don't believe I fucking did pal?
Lol ! Where do I start ?:p
A fit back three of Helander Souttar and Goldson would be brilliant. I still think we need to replace Balogun, which will most likely be a back up type signing.
A back up signing does not replace Balogun imo.
Damn good CB,was Leon.

I think I can sum this thread up with the following

Nobody has any idea what we are up to in the background and are absolutely, positively feckin raging about it.

Strange that its now July, weeks away from £30m playoffs and last seasons Europa League finalists have done nothing in the market yet.

Hopefully playing a long game to secure those who will strengthen the primary 15-16 players and not another window with nothing other than the odd squad filler.

Thing is, you’re getting all uppity and critical when, I’d bet, you don’t know what’s happening in the background.
You’re criticising Wilson for what’s happened up to now on this one then boast that you’d give them a deadline?
Is that not a bit of a mixed message?

Who cares about them? Rangers for starters as that’s how a transfer works, it’s an agreement between two clubs. It makes sense to wait for a short period and maybe give them a deadline or something. Should we disregard our number one target and move on to sign a second choice if it takes a week for PAOK to sign their replacement? Obviously if they take the piss and take too long then we move on but I’m sure we’ll still be monitoring our other targets until a deal is completed. They’re in need of a striker so I doubt they’ll take too long.
I suppose the longer it goes on there is a risk that someone else with deeper pockets comes in for him - for example a club that doesn’t get their number one target, but has him on their list as a back up option.

I’d rather it didn’t drag on much longer as we’re indirectly allowing PAOK to steer our transfers.

The Colak situation is turning into an unwanted saga by the looks of things if we have to seriously wait a week possibly more for PAOK to sign a striker then we should be walking away from this deal and putting all our resources into finding our RW and an alternative striker.

I can only hope we are working on other deals behind the scenes not long till the squad heads to Portugal now.

Bongonda MOTM clip while playing for Genk. Actually reminds me a bit of Roofe in his movement but with much more pace. Looks like he can play off the right as well.
I think he would only be an option if Kent was sold due to the cost and position he plays in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back