The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be an air of panic and desperation about this thread.
Punctuated by veiled criticisms about the Board and the club in general.

I honestly don't understand why.
As much as we have brought in very few players, we have also not yet seen any departures of significance.
Thus we can field the team that recently played in a Euro final with the addition of some players actually in that squad being fitter, notwithstanding the exciting prospect of young Lowry to supplement the skillset.

We are in a good place and any business we do will be from a position of strength and not desperate need.
I am sure there will be movement in and out, but it is right and proper that Rangers do this carefully and with a great deal of thought.
It is because we are strong as a business that we can now do this, without any need to gamble or be pushed around.

If we’re only buying a right winger & a backup striker, as well as replacing any leavers, I don’t understand why we should get hysterical at this point ?

I agree with all of that bar the bit in bold. Nothing 'veiled' about most of the shite we read, it seems to be all certain posters come on here for. And that's the Bears, not the imposters.
Everyone likes to see some fresh blood, I am no different.
However, we already have Souter and young Lowry to look forward to, whilst the team that finished last season is intact.

Yes, it seems fairly certain that some players will leave, however, the general air around the club is that the squad enjoy being at the club, they like each other and no one appears in any desperate hurry to part company.
Thus when business is done it will hopefully be carried out in a professional and amicable fashion with Rangers in control of events.

This is why I see the club as being in a great and strong position after so many years of gambling on the edge and having to take chances whilst being vulnerable in the market.

If we’re only buying a right winger & a backup striker, as well as replacing any leavers, I don’t understand why we should get hysterical at this point ?
Exactly a bit of patience wouldn’t go amiss.
If as I hope there are a few out within the next few weeks we will add more but as it stands there isn’t the wages available.

Exactly a bit of patience wouldn’t go amiss.
If as I hope there are a few out within the next few weeks we will add more but as it stands there isn’t the wages available.

Yes Sandbear. We probably want a couple to go for decent fees ( my guess Aribo & Borna ) and we can use a big part of that to further freshen up ?

Exactly , it’s more a sense of relief , we aren’t having to bring in 5,6,7 players to the first team , massive gamble , It’s always been key what boys in their last year do , but with us set at the back , few bits of quality here and there and the young guns chipping in , cum ahead y’a mentally challenged scum :D .

Wouldn’t be against that as a temporary fix if Aribo goes.
Yeah, especially as it seems Hagi won't be fit for a while.

There's no point in signing a long term CAM when we have Hagi and Lowry. McAtee would allow for rotation for a year to ease Lowry in and let Hagi get back to proper fitness.

Everyone likes to see some fresh blood, I am no different.
However, we already have Souter and young Lowry to look forward to, whilst the team that finished last season is intact.

Yes, it seems fairly certain that some players will leave, however, the general air around the club is that the squad enjoy being at the club, they like each other and no one appears in any desperate hurry to part company.
Thus when business is done it will hopefully be carried out in a professional and amicable fashion with Rangers in control of events.

This is why I see the club as being in a great and strong position after so many years of gambling on the edge and having to take chances whilst being vulnerable in the market.
The decisions Kent, Morelos and Aribo make on their futures are critical here I suspect. Its probably taking up as much of Wilson's time as anything else in truth because their decisions will decide where we go in the market.

Its always been my belief that we will have £5m-£10m to spend without outgoings. I still feel that way. Swapping Itten for Colak will eat into it slightly but I remain convinced we will spend. There's a big difference though in having up to £10m to spend on tinkering with the squad and, for example, £20m to spend to not only tinker with the squad but replace, for example, 2 of your key players. The transfer strategy would go in a completely different direction I think.

I'd like to think those three and their Agents will be spending a lot of time in Wilson's office this week.

The main 1st picks have been here for the majority the 4 years since Gerrard came in or longer. The team needs refreshed badly. But it won't happen as we've kicked can down the road to next summer.
Those main picks being Tav, Goldson, Barasic, Kent and Morelos. Do you think we need to refresh and find replacements for these players?
I'd be very happy if we can keep 80% of them as a main pick for the next 3/4 years.

Exactly , it’s more a sense of relief , we aren’t having to bring in 5,6,7 players to the first team , massive gamble , It’s always been key what boys in their last year do , but with us set at the back , few bits of quality here and there and the young guns chipping in , cum ahead y’a mentally challenged scum :D .

We will be ready for them mate.

They asked for a war & shat themselves when we turned up lol

The scum are spending big time and likely will spend more. Folk saying it's easier when they are guaranteed CL £millions.
But it's more than that. They are going all out to win the title given that it also guarantees automatic group stage again next year.
We really need to match their ambitions.

Its not, we clearly just do not have the funds to be paying 3-4m for players.
Actually it appears that the market is fucked. The Miles Jacobson thread has been widely shared on here but he knows his stuff and he says it’s down to clubs sticking to strict transfer valuations of clubs with little to no haggling being done. Covid fucked a lot of us along with inflation

I’m sakala’s biggest critic probably. I just don’t think he’s a footballer!
But looking at it, last season he played in 50 games, starting only 18 and ended it with 12 goals and 7 assists. Fair play to him tbh.
I completely get the view on him. At times he can look tactically or technically inept, but you really can't argue against his contribution. He offers a threat even if it isn't as beautiful to watch as a Kent or Aribo.
I actually think similarly with Hagi, I think he contributes massively without being as pleasing to watch. He does do the odd thing that's sublime, but I recognise him more for his hard work. His contribution to goals and assists are very good for the number of minutes he gets.

Those main picks being Tav, Goldson, Barasic, Kent and Morelos. Do you think we need to refresh and find replacements for these players?
I'd be very happy if we can keep 80% of them as a main pick for the next 3/4 years.
If Kent and Morelos don't sign a new deal we do. You missed out McGregor who with the best will in world shouldn't be anywhere near 1st pick at Rangers now but will. Jack is also a main player for Gerrard and GVB when fit his injury record means we do need a viable replacement. Maybe Sands after his 6 month settling in time will be that player. Barisic imo needs replacing.

The scum are spending big time and likely will spend more. Folk saying it's easier when they are guaranteed CL £millions.
But it's more than that. They are going all out to win the title given that it also guarantees automatic group stage again next year.

Do you think the board have a spare £20 million that they don't want to spend?

As I said in my original post, if what you are saying was to be the case, it would be the first time that had worked out for us that way with a wonder kid.

How many wonder kids won a league alone anyway?

I would rather pass on other teams wonder kids from now on and concentrate on developing our own youth.

Just my opinion.
That's not what i asked you though.

If he offered us alot more next season would you go with him or Lowry?

How has it improved them from last year?

The floor is yours...
Well after the season ended they lost their two best players and now they have secured them to the club likely to make a profit on them in years to come. Not forgetting a back up goalie to the ageing Hart and a back up/replacement for their LB which has been a problem area for them who also happens to be 21 and knowing them will play well half a season and get moved on for profit again. This profit they make leads to future transfers. Head out the sand please so i can stop

This is the main point people are missing.

Aye, it’s sh*te seeing the other lot spending the guts of £20m already (someone will be along shortly claiming it’s half that) but I refuse to let myself believe it’s a case of our board simply being lazy/passive.

I’d be very annoyed if that were the case.

I’m sure majority of our support would rather the money for vanity projects like new Ed house or a revamp of hospitality sections was spent on improving the first team.

I had a fear last season that if we were to either win the league(or do well in Europe) that we’d go for almost the same team again and not move to improve it when it’s clear that they were reaching their end of their natural cycle as a team.

There was a thread on here from mid April where many agreed that was called “I’m so done with this team/can’t wait to see the back of some of this team” and majority of posters agreed with this.

Final or no final last season, the squad needs freshened up. We cannot expect the same group to go again on season 5 together.

Can’t say I’m too worried about a 21yo LB who can’t defend & sticks the head on somebody in a normal Argentine match. That’s per the expert on RC.

What’s he gonna be like against us at Ibrox ?
We heard all this about the sub standard Japanese players. They're not World beaters but they came in and contributed right away 1 thing the Aussie seems good at is recruitment. So far anyway and yes I know in Scottish terms he's spent a fortune.

Getting back to transfers for us, I would like to see us make use of some loan with option to buy kinda signings. Think it is the safest way to improve the team with little risk. Dont ask me for a name because i dont know any!

They have added one player that will potentially play different to the squad that finished the season for them, I don't get the fanny pad squelching about them consolidating loan deals.

They have added one player that will potentially play different to the squad that finished the season for them, I don't get the fanny pad squelching about them consolidating loan deals.
When we signed Kent permanently were we “standing still” or improving the club? Because before we had someone else’s player and after we had him permanently with options to sell if we wanted. Which is a better position to be in do you think?

Sure it isn’t improving the squad directly from where it was but spare me the “ach it’s still the same!”

The worry is they took a huge chunk out of us after starting horribly last season. We need to be able to match their consistency. We were six clear at one point & we threw it away / they over hauled it.

When we signed Kent permanently were we “standing still” or improving the club? Because before we had someone else’s player and after we had him permanently with options to sell if we wanted. Which is a better position to be in do you think?

Sure it isn’t improving the squad directly from where it was but spare me the “ach it’s still the same!”
We've literally watched players develop the last 4 years. To now say aye they'll just stay the same cause they play for Celtic seems a tad optimistic.

Not too fussed about who they're signing but we won't win the title unless we strengthen up front and right wing with players who can score / help break down the dross in the SPL. That's where we struggle most.

We heard all this about the sub standard Japanese players. They're not World beaters but they came in and contributed right away 1 thing the Aussie seems good at is recruitment. So far anyway and yes I know in Scottish terms he's spent a fortune.

I never mentioned them.

I’m simply referring to what they’ve done so far to what we’ve done.

At this point, right now, both teams are pretty much unchanged.

Let’s see in day one, and let’s see at the end of the season, not during the window.

They’ve spent £20m before pre season has even started.

They will win the league most years if they keep outspending us by this much and we just look deluded if the best retort we have is you’ve stood still.

I’m sure majority of our support would rather the money for vanity projects like new Ed house or a revamp of hospitality sections was spent on improving the first team.

I had a fear last season that if we were to either win the league(or do well in Europe) that we’d go for almost the same team again and not move to improve it when it’s clear that they were reaching their end of their natural cycle as a team.

There was a thread on here from mid April where many agreed that was called “I’m so done with this team/can’t wait to see the back of some of this team” and majority of posters agreed with this.

Final or no final last season, the squad needs freshened up. We cannot expect the same group to go again on season 5 together.

I agree the squad needs freshened it, but we also can't let 4 or 5 of them go at the one time and gamble that the replacements will work.
Ideally we would have started the rebuild 2 seasons ago and been on a position to replace 1 or 2 each season.
That didn't happen for many reasons

If Kent and Morelos don't sign a new deal we do. You missed out McGregor who with the best will in world shouldn't be anywhere near 1st pick at Rangers now but will. Jack is also a main player for Gerrard and GVB when fit his injury record means we do need a viable replacement. Maybe Sands after his 6 month settling in time will be that player. Barisic imo needs replacing.
I contemplated including McGregor, but there is a lot of speculation that he will no longer be a main pick. I understand why his contract was extended, but I'm nervous of the thought of him being 1st choice next season. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

Jack (when fit) is another fair point. Probably another I'd be happy to keep (if fit). If he doesn't maintain his fitness then I suppose he's not a main pick anyway.

Also, if Kent and Morelos don't extend their contracts they will obviously be replaced, but I'd rather that wasn't the case because I don't think we need a refresh with new players to replace them.

Keep seeing that the filth haven't improved or have stood still because they've signed two loan players from last season, some loose cannon lb and a GK on a free. If that's them standing still then what we are doing so far could be seen as sprinting fooking backwards
They won the league last year with those players. People seem to just be ignoring this fact.

Jota as much as it pains me to say is a very good bit of business from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back