The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s absolutely no way we are skint, given the income we took in last season.

The only question would be, have we repaid some of loans from investors and that would mean our transfer budget was modest.

If we have went on that run last season and the prize money etc coupled with us finally trading a player (bit part) for big money and we haven’t turned a good profit then explanations would need to be given.

Hopefully we’ve not burst the bank on wages.

I still think we’ll add the right sided forward we need and he’ll get us the 15 goals we need from that position. Alfie whether he signs or not will have his best season yet for us, ditto with Kent.
We could've burst the bank on bonuses like Murray did in 08.

Ok, wrong wording.
Not as flush as we should be.
Money was made last season but check out the books for the past few years and they will need balanced or some loans called in.
And every club suffered covid losses.
Its just facts mate.
What do you mean "as we should be"?

How "flush" do you think we should be?

I don't care how much they paid to be honest, they have signed one player that could start that is different from last season and so have we.

I don't think they have a better squad than us as things stand, you might , I don't know, but despite them winning the league I don't think they are better than us.
Difficult to be too harsh given the change in management and injuries we suffered that bordered on horrendous at times.
If anything we over achieved massively in Europe for me.

Wilson does need to move a few on to generate some funds to meet the self sustainable model though, something that the manky mob has been better at for some time.

Hopefully Patterson is the start of improvement in that respect.

I know i'm probably in the minority here but I'm not too fussed about who the manky mob are signing at the minute. I know they won the league last year but they done so with a weaker team than ours. It's debatable I know, but personally i wouldnt have more than 2 or 3 of them in our team (max).

Last season was a strange one, but there's no doubt in my mind that we will strengthen and I fully expect Gio to have the boys well drilled and more organised from the word go this year.

I've just got a reply back from a mate of mine who is an ex player who in turn is friends with an HK investor.

He said it's a load of pish.

Now maybe as has been said by another poster, the club may just be shutting down the rumour until things are definite but my information comes from a very good source.
Don’t really give a feck tbh - I’m in HK, your not. So you have little idea of how the city and gossip operates. Thanks.

They now own their two biggest assets, that’s a huge development.

To say they’ve stood still while spending £20m before pre-season has started is utterly delusional.
I didn't say they had stood still. I said they have spent the bulk of the money on players who were already there.

Yes, they've brought bodies in but only the left back (who I know nothing about) could be said to improve their starting XI from last season.

A deal is on the table for the club….that’s why no hit buttons on deals yet. Do you think Ross and Gio dont want to add people 6 weeks after the season?
Let’s surmise what you say is true for a moment.

From what you have heard, would you say it’s a good deal for the club?

That list cost a collective £500k in transfer fees.

Made a profit on Bacuna.

Lundstram been a good signing, Sakala has shown he can be useful but jury still out, and I imagine took a bit of convincing to come here considering the offers he had.

What about

McLaughlin
Balogun
Bassey
Hagi
Roofe

Who all proved to be good signings.
Shh doesn’t fit his agenda.

Undoubtedly we could have done better in the transfer market but wilson has spent crumbs.

A deal is on the table for the club….that’s why no hit buttons on deals yet. Do you think Ross and Gio dont want to add people 6 weeks after the season?

So what’s all the noise around the Colak deal indicating that we’ve agreed a fee and but for PAOK dragging their heels he would have signed if we’ve put the brakes on any business until this ‘deal’ is ironed out then?

A smokescreen?

Happy to take you at your word mate. I reckon there could be numerous reasons for no signings yet, so i wouldnt put 2 and 2 together just yet. Though if you have heard otherwise, ive no reason to doubt you. Far East money? Stuart Gibson?

There’s absolutely no way we are skint, given the income we took in last season.

The only question would be, have we repaid some of loans from investors and that would mean our transfer budget was modest.

If we have went on that run last season and the prize money etc coupled with us finally trading a player (bit part) for big money and we haven’t turned a good profit then explanations would need to be given.

I still think we’ll add the right sided forward we need and he’ll get us the 15 goals we need from that position. Alfie whether he signs or not will have his best season yet for us, ditto with Kent.
we actually did player trading model quite well in the 2000s. Van Brockhurst (£8.5m) Ferguson (£7.5m), Boumsong (£8m), Cueller (£8m), Hutton (£9m)

I think Gerrard stopped sales in recent years. Offers would have been there. I think there will be little action bar Colak and a winger until UCL situation is resolved. That could mean Morelos, Aribo, Kent all leave end of August. Might mean they all stay too

They now own their two biggest assets, that’s a huge development.

To say they’ve stood still while spending £20m before pre-season has started is utterly delusional.
I think what people are getting at is that their team on the pitch isn’t improved. If they were already their players and they went and spent another £20m on improving even further I’d be worried. However they only won the league by 4 points (mostly down to us throwing away a few daft leads), and they haven’t actually improved that team yet.

I actually do believe there will be some truth in this, despite folk saying no chance. Stuff like that wouldn’t be leaked to fan media for example due to the practicalities behind it.

Our club badly needs outside investment

So what you’re saying is when we hear news this week or next, from the club, it’s more likely to be an announcement of a takeover than a marquee signing?

I think that’s exactly what has happened. The budget is likely the same as it would have been otherwise but the extra money has been used to pay off loans. Given these loans saved us and gave us so much glory in the last couple of years, I personally have absolutely no problem with them being repaid early. Thats before you think about the saving in interest. We will sign a couple of starters and thats it unless we sell. Because, thats all we need.

Excuse my ignorance but if a deal is on the table for the club, does there not need to be formal comms sent to all shareholders?
Would be same “concert party” limit that King fell foul of in the takeover that mattered. I suspect this is more silly season rubbish though.

The bulk of that cash is on players who were already there.

No idea about the others, except Seigrist, but Carter Vickers and Jota don't improve anything. It's not any different to us extending Goldson's stay but with a shitload of a cash outlay for them

Another good season and Jota / CCV will be sold at a huge profit. That's what they do at Celtic.

Whilst we'll still have fans begging to hang on to McGregor for another 3 years and sign Morelos up to his 30th birthday as well.

Cause that proved to be a sensible way to run the club...
Did I say it was? It was fecking ridiculous we lost money that season after being in CL groups then going to UEFA final. But we did partly because Murray offered crazy bonuses. He is quoted as saying to fan groups when asked why he offered them ,we didn't fecking think they'd get there.

Not a matter of it being leaked, if there is an “offer on the table” for the club, depending on the % of shares they wish to purchase, they need to make an offer for all shares.

I must stress, thats my understanding, i’m not an expert

Apologies, I read it as a deal that the club made, not a deal to buy the club. Im sure it would depend on who is selling the shares. You are right if they go over a percentage they need to make an offer for all shares.

Some amount of negativity on this thread. I've never seen it so negative. The constant criticism of our players, who have just reached a European final is pathetic. Let's get behind the team, no matter who we sign.

How long do you want to dine out on reaching a final? As good as it was, it's kinda irrelevant to this season coming. Celtic won the league & league cup in fat Ange's first season. He'll no doubt spend more money again this window.

Meanwhile we've lost a few players and re-signed three who probably shouldn't have been re-signed. Can you not see why there's negativity already given the magnitude of the CL qualifiers coming up?

Another good season and Jota / CCV will be sold at a huge profit. That's what they do at Celtic.

Whilst we'll still have fans begging to hang on to McGregor for another 3 years and sign Morelos up to his 30th birthday as well.

We can afford to do that with one, maybe two players, but the rest need to be able to move on and replace when it is best for the club financially. Keeping players is great for a season or two but the board need to be looking at 5/10 year plans.

I have thought since he first got involved that Stuart Gibson would become our largest shareholder at one point.

He is the only investor who has serious wealth (according to Google anyway).

Whose the few players we’ve lost??

They were part of a side that got pumped out of Europe in 3 separate competitions last season, they won a league we really should have wrapped up before the new year and would have done if there was no manipulation of fixtures

Vickers was being hawked about all sort of clubs, loaned to the mighty Luton, came up here and got torn apart in Europe, he’s not going for much more than the money Celtic have spent on him, would be interesting to see how much Benfica are due if Jota (who was anonymous mainly in most games against us) moves on, would imagine there’s a huge sell on clause in that deal

Anyway let’s get back to Ra hoops love in

So paying £12 to hold on to 2 players that helped them win the title last year does not show intent?..
Apparently not. Also signing someone or a problem position and a sold keeper on a free, while we do the square root of nothing. But hey everything in the Rangers garden is rosy.

Do our players also not improve? You seem to be of the notion that theirs do while ours don't.

We've got a whole squad that are bedded in and won a title, but that doesn't seem to count for you.

Our players definitely improve, no doubt about that.

We just don't sell them when they peak. That's the issue.

It's looking like we'll end up getting pennies or nothing for the likes of Morelos, Kent and Aribo.

Not selling Bassey this window will be a mistake (financially) as well.

They were part of a side that got pumped out of Europe in 3 separate competitions last season, they won a league we really should have wrapped up before the new year and would have done if there was no manipulation of fixtures

Vickers was being hawked about all sort of clubs, loaned to the mighty Luton, came up here and got torn apart in Europe, he’s not going for much more than the money Celtic have spent on him, would be interesting to see how much Benfica are due if Jota (who was anonymous mainly in most games against us) moves on, would imagine there’s a huge sell on clause in that deal

Tragic patter that btw.

Dress it up how you want but they won a domestic double in Ange's first season. We can laugh at them in Europe all you want, whatever helps you sleep at night. They're the ones playing in the Champions League this season.

A club knocked out of 3 UEFA competitions but apparently doesn't need to have any issues with h new UEFA rules. Whilst club that got to final made record commercial money is briefing fan media that we will be spending we have the equivalent of magic beans to spend.

What part of it is wrong and again who are the few players we’ve lost? Don’t tell me you said that to make it sound bad for us and wonderful for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back