The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just feel guys like Botheim fit our model much better, he was a guy who signed for 6.8 million only a few months ago. We can get him on a free and have sell on and good quality to actually challenge Morelos for starting place. I feel we can get A Colak type player cheaper like the way Malmo got him last year on loan, can’t see us paying 2 million for that type of player.
I'd tend to agree that Botheim would be a better option than Colak mate , if Alfredo goes hopefully he will sign a new contract though, there could be room for both Colak and Botheim who knows

Folk think they’re playing FIFA and you just get rid of everyone over 26.
Quite a mad approach when all the evidence is there to support players coming into their prime between the ages of 27-32+

As I said previously, every Ballon D'Or winner for the past few years have been over 30.

Most players get more individual awards in the ages of 27-32.

The evidence supports players hitting peak years at that age.

They might hit their prime earlier, but the peak always seems to be about that.

The fact some jobber mob in PAOK are letting Colak go (relatively) easily is a bit of a red flag imo.

He looks a decent enough striker, but do people really think he's the best we can do? Mmm, I think there's better out there.

I don’t think they’d be selling him if he was scoring as many in Greece as he did on his loan spells, possibly just not suited to them and that league, it happens sometimes.

Glad the thread is back,now lets get some players in,im confident we will get some new faces in

Wouldnt mind seeing us get Colak in,also has the rumors on Botheim died down or is he still on our radar?

Aribo and Kamara are extremely close off the pitch. They, along with Bassey are in London as much as possible. They are London boys. They want and yearn for down the road. I don't think that it will be a surprise if both Aribo and Kamara are sold.
Kamara yearned for London that much he went to Dundee then Glasgow.

I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.
I'd like this to be true.

It won't take as much as that imo.

I don't care if I get heat, if a club he wants to go to comes in an offers £15m and Bassey says he isn't leaving unless we accept that amount from that club, what then?

"But Edouard, but Ajer..." in 5-4-3-2......

No-one within our support has the right to tell the club and/or Ross Wilson "It's £_______ and no a penny less" for any of our players as the circumstances around their departure, if they leave, will all be unique to them.

Teams with star assets within their last year or 2 generally don't get top dollar for their players unless they paid a good chunk in the first place.

Don't get why our fans want us to lowball others but think we're immune from it at our end.

Would £15m for Bassey, factually, be anything other than outstanding business? No, it would not.

Is it the best case scenario? Of course not, if he has 3 or 4 years left, I'd be more inclined to accept that valuation.
No offense but why are you just imagining scenarios where the club get lowballed? What do you know about CB that makes you think this is likely?

Don't really see the point in worrying about offers that may, or may not, come in and how players react to them. All just noise that is better not rolling around in your head CA. Life's too short to worry about stuff that hasn't happened.

No offense but why are you just imagining scenarios where the club get lowballed? What do you know about CB that makes you think this is likely?

Don't really see the point in worrying about offers that may, or may not, come in and how players react to them. All just noise that is better not rolling around in your head CA. Life's too short to worry about stuff that hasn't happened.

I'm not worried either.

There isn't a player in Scottish Football right now worth £25m in my opinion......there definitely isn't any in that bracket with 2years left on their deal.

Most of our fans base prices on Celtic players.....which is hugely flawed.

I’m posting what I was told in HK….think you’ll find my track record isn’t bad at all on a few things over the last couple of years. So enough of the bollix chat.
Thanks for the info mate. All info doesn’t need to come from Rangers side and if they have said bollocks to people they feed info to, sometimes they get used to keep things quiet or an attempt to shut stuff down as we’ve seen in the short term past.

Think most people are getting wise to it now. Don’t let it put you off posting stuff in the future, after all it is a ‘rumours’ thread.

Colak doesn’t seem to fit our usual profile from signings over the last 4 years, to pay a couple of million for a 28 year old, Roofe is only player I can think of who was 27 when we signed him for a transfer fee. If Colak was our number 1 priority for striker I feel we would have done that deal already. Don’t really see what would cause a hold up, PAOK seem to want another striker in and last season let him go on Loan. I’m hoping Botheim or someone with similar profile is targeted.
John Lundstram was 27 going on 28 when we signed him. No transfer fee, but his hefty wage made up for that.

Scott Arfield was 29/30 when we signed him

Steven Davis was 34 when we re-signed him

Allan McGregor was 36 when we re-signed him

All of those ‘older’ players have played a part over the past few years.

Point being, don’t discount the advantage of getting a player aged 29/30 for a few million and getting 2-3 years out of him.

I'm not worried either.

There isn't a player in Scottish Football right now worth £25m in my opinion......there definitely isn't any in that bracket with 2years left on their deal.

Most of our fans base prices on Celtic players.....which is hugely flawed.
How about NP to Everton £12million rising to £16 million? That's based on a Rangers player who was sold.

You reckon CB is valued roughly the same?

I don't like putting made up values on players but I would reckon CB with the exposure he is getting, is worth considerably more than NP.

Btw, I'm nothaving a go. Just don't get your thinking here.

How about NP to Everton £12million rising to £16 million? That's based on a Rangers player who was sold.

You reckon CB is valued roughly the same?

I don't like putting made up values on players but I would reckon CB after the exposure he is getting, is worth considerably more than NP.

Btw, I'm nothaving a go. Just don't get your thinking here.
It's fine - Patterson had a longer contract so we could hold out for more. His stock at the time internationally and from european games was excellent.

I've said it earlier and I'll say it again, if an English Top flight side comes in for Bassey, based upon him having 2 years left, we will not get anywhere near £25m and like I said, I also believe the club would do business for significantly less.

If Bassey signs an extension then this is a wildly different conversation - you don't get best value for players with 2 years or less on their deals - that's true of us as it is anyone else.

We should hold out for best value, absolutely, but I do not think we will find a buyer at that level for someone who can be negotiated with for nothing 18 months later.

We would be saying the same thing if it was a player we were after.

John Lundstram was 27 going on 28 when we signed him. No transfer fee, but his hefty wage made up for that.

Scott Arfield was 29/30 when we signed him

Steven Davis was 34 when we re-signed him

Allan McGregor was 36 when we re-signed him

All of those ‘older’ players have played a part over the past few years.

Point being, don’t discount the advantage of getting a player aged 29/30 for a few million and getting 2-3 years out of him.

There’s no doubt we seem to have a two pronged strategy TS.

More experienced players for low prices or OOC, and younger guys who can develop & become investments, and be sold on.

I’m quite happy with that personally. If we need to drop 2m euro after getting a senior pro in for a few years, a La Goldson, that’s fine. The profit on the project players should finance that over time.

I’m posting what I was told in HK….think you’ll find my track record isn’t bad at all on a few things over the last couple of years. So enough of the bollix chat.
The timing would appear to be quite odd.

So you’d prefer him to Botheim ? He’s still signed for no one & could easily be still under our radar.

Ramsey was nearer to 500k cost in my opinion anyway.
In a straight choice I would take Botheim, but given the teams in for him I would be surprised if we get close to signing him.

I would like both signed and Roofe moved on.

Ramsey would have cost us alot more than £500k.

I've just got a reply back from a mate of mine who is an ex player who in turn is friends with an HK investor.

He said it's a load of pish.

Now maybe as has been said by another poster, the club may just be shutting down the rumour until things are definite but my information comes from a very good source.

Can only go by the man's own words.

Certainly doesn't look like he thinks he was backed in the transfer market.

If it’s from the same interview with Carraghar he then acknowledges the financial predicament we were in. I mean you would have seen the last accounts, there was no money, we were running at a massive loss.

What does being interested even mean? Have we just sat and watched this guy until another club took him and we done nothing about it
It means the player has been scouted, team has done/doing their due dilligance and made their interest known to the club or agent.

I've just got a reply back from a mate of mine who is an ex player who in turn is friends with an HK investor.

He said it's a load of pish.

Now maybe as has been said by another poster, the club may just be shutting down the rumour until things are definite but my information comes from a very good source.
Seems to be same rumour that surfaces every couple of years

I think it was roughly around £500k we would have ended up paying for Ramsey on wages during his full time here. It was only a small part of his Juventus wages we picked up when he was here.
I just don't believe that will be the final cost for him signing. Either way it was nothing more than a pr stunt from Wilson and the club.

L'Equipe reported yesterday that Toulouse bid €2m for him, but it was rejected. Can't see any further reports, other than what The Scottish Daily Express are saying.
The article that L'Equipe quote in their report (which mentiones that we are interested too).

Last edited:
Thijs Dallinga away to Toulouse for £2m
Gio and his team will know fine well the limitations in the Dutch lower leagues. Goals can be scored for fun in the Eerste Divisie and the standard isn’t the best.

And that’s if we were even interested :))

Gio and his team will know fine well the limitations in the Dutch lower leagues. Goals can be scored for fun in the Eerste Divisie and the standard isn’t the best.

And that’s if we were even interested :))

Used to put over 2.5 goals on that league every Friday night and won quite a few bets, the amount of goals scored is ridiculous, doesn’t mean there won’t be talent there of course but it must be a strikers dream.

There’s no doubt we seem to have a two pronged strategy TS.

More experienced players for low prices or OOC, and younger guys who can develop & become investments, and be sold on.

I’m quite happy with that personally. If we need to drop 2m euro after getting a senior pro in for a few years, a La Goldson, that’s fine. The profit on the project players should finance that over time.
Thing with a $2-3 million experienced player at 29 years old (for example) is you pretty much know what you are getting with regards capability and injury history etc

You could spend $20-30 million on a young player with potential, that never really fulfils that potential or ends up constantly injured.

Used to put over 2.5 goals on that league every Friday night and won quite a few bets, the amount of goals scored is ridiculous, doesn’t mean there won’t be talent there of course but it must be a strikers dream.
Yeah and for the shit the Scottish league takes, we know teams we play against have every bastard behind the ball.

Don’t think the lad would have much joy here in that regard.

Shame about Dallinga the sort of profile of player we should be looking at especially with the price. If he's off to Tolouse then looks like a replacement for that ex-tim striker they're selling to Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back