The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not always though. I'm all for the player trading model but for it to work you actually need to get decent deals on outgoings and this isn't a good deal even if it is 10m up front. We knew this was coming so could've done more last season to prevent it either by way of sale or, unlikely, a better contract.
There’s a very good chance he wouldn’t have signed a new contract, as this current situation is working out very well for him.

And it’s not just as easy as saying sell him, especially as last season you are trying to say we could have got more than £10m, but could we? He has just had his best season with us, was anyone realistically paying more than £10m this time last year?

And if reports are to be believed Gerrard didn’t want any of his top men sold.

It’s extremely easy to criticise the board when you aren’t in on all the details.

We’re now in Portugal for our pre season camp, a little over 3 weeks before the league campaign starts, which is swiftly followed by the CL qualifiers and we’ve completed no business.

The one deal we do look like completing (Colak) isn’t addressing the issues in the squad (nor is it very exciting).

Call it slow if you want, I think it’s a shambles of a start personally, following on from the past two (which as mentioned in initial post were only partially saved by Lundstram).
I think the our transfer window has been poor so far but I think Colak will end up being a massive hit here.

Not seeing much nonsense in his post

Just facts which some folk, like you, hate to look at

Well for starters he said there are no signings in the door.

That is nonsense. Souttar has joined.

Also, we have seen both Lowry and Goldson commit to new deals. Goldson would need to have been replaced and that would have been both difficult and expensive.

Lowry commiting is a massive boost and he should play a significant role this season. We always bemoan not giving opportunities to promising youngsters. Well Lowry is a first team player now and this is his chance.

Opinion - we will sign more players over the coming weeks and others will leave.

In what way is it a shambles so far this window?

If you're living and breathing every minute of it on FF then maybe you'll end up feeling that way, but we haven't even seen what business we're going to do yet.

Kinda answering your own point. We're very slow to do anything despite Gio saying he wanted his new signings in really early.

Twiddling our thumbs hoping to scrape past the CL qualifiers before signing anyone didn't work out too well for us last season.

24 days until Livingston away and the first team and squad as it stands is weaker. Champions League qualifiers days after.

Looks like Aribo is away - his replacement should be in this week. This has been coming. Not only his replacement, but players required to take this team up a level.

This

Even if it is £6m plus add on's it's a hell of a lot better than one more season of Joe Aribo - a player that doesn't want to extend his stay - and £0 in transfer fees. We'd have a player going through the motions and questioned anytime he had a poor match.

People would lose their shit at that, guaranteed.

Get him out (by no means do I mean that in a horrible way), get the money in and get players signed.

Everyone raging about only receiving 6 million are mental
It doesn’t say that it says 6 million upfront ie the down payment is 6 million and there will be future payments plus add ons.
All transfers are normally structured that way.
It’s like buying in a car, you go in a pay a couple of grand upfront then pay the rest in instalments.
If it was only 6 million plus Ad-ons it would say that.
It’s not even confirmed yet anyway.

How many times do some of our fans need to fall for this pish?

This is how it works in the media when we and celtic do transfers.

Our figures are always made to look low when selling, there's are always made to look higher.

If its £6m up front plus £4m in instalments, for celtic they would report £10m plus deal.

It's how the media work, even the ones that claim to be in the know don't have a clue about the real numbers involved.

£6m upfront for Aribo :))

Wilson has some serious questions to answer over the rest of this window. An average window last summer (only remotely saved by Lundstram’s rise to form), a woeful January window, and a shambles of a start to the summer window.

No signings in the door for Gio to take to Portugal and seemingly praying yet again that we scrape through the CL qualifiers before improving the team.

We’re in for a long season if we don’t get our finger out in the coming weeks.
LiviRanger, posting elsewhere as LivibhoyHH, once again comes across as a Tenabhoy.

We’re now in Portugal for our pre season camp, a little over 3 weeks before the league campaign starts, which is swiftly followed by the CL qualifiers and we’ve completed no business.

The one deal we do look like completing (Colak) isn’t addressing the issues in the squad (nor is it very exciting).

Call it slow if you want, I think it’s a shambles of a start personally, following on from the past two (which as mentioned in initial post were only partially saved by Lundstram).

Call it slow if I want? That's all it could be called at this point.

We'll only know if it's a shambles when we see what business is done, to say it's already a shambles doesn't even make any sense.

Ideally, we'd have all our ins and outs sorted in the first week of the transfer window but in the real world, where we're a small fish in transfer business terms, it doesn't work like that.

£6m upfront for Aribo :))

Wilson has some serious questions to answer over the rest of this window. An average window last summer (only remotely saved by Lundstram’s rise to form), a woeful January window, and a shambles of a start to the summer window.

No signings in the door for Gio to take to Portugal and seemingly praying yet again that we scrape through the CL qualifiers before improving the team.

We’re in for a long season if we don’t get our finger out in the coming weeks.
I agree Wilson needs to do better but if Aribo has a £10m release clause and is in the last year of his contract then Southampton have us over a barrel. We either take their offer now or risk Aribo signing a pre contract in January and losing him for nothing.

Colak looks like he will be signing very soon now but we need another 2 good quality signings which are hopefully a goal scoring mifielder and a right winger.

If it is performance based add-ons then that is pretty stupid, as much as I think he will be a success, there is every chance he isn't.

Installments would mean we are guaranteed a reasonable fee and I'd be happy with that.
“IF” , we will never know probably.
It’s interesting that some are speculating from the view that Wilson has fucked up because it fits their narrative.
Not saying you are by the way.
It is just interesting in a social experiment sort of way :))

Mayo Yoshida moved to Schalke yesterday and posted that Romano knew about the move even though his wife didn’t, so he’s clearly got some good contacts.

I’ll wait to see what the club say, but I stand by a guaranteed £6m being a bit of a beamer for a £20m footballer that’s going for half price.

Surely to %^*& it’ll be £10m up front no questions asked.
Why would it be £6m plus add-ons if his clause is £10m?? Doesn't make an iota of sense - surely you can see that?

It may well be £10m paid over 3 years, £6m up front then £2m each year for following 2 years, but that's nowhere near the same as £6m plus add-ons. It'll be a guaranteed £10m ffs.

Call it slow if I want? That's all it could be called at this point.

We'll only know if it's a shambles when we see what business is done, to say it's already a shambles doesn't even make any sense.

Ideally, we'd have all our ins and outs sorted in the first week of the transfer window but in the real world, where we're a small fish in transfer business terms, it doesn't work like that.
I didn’t say the window will finish a shambles. But it’s a shambles so far.

Where did he say that? Everywhere else has its as 2m, which even if true is a healthy profit. The fee is 10m (not 6) according to Romano's latest Facebook Post.
:)) :)) :)) :))

Are you for real? I just said he cost 2m in total according to Robertson and your saying it also cost 2m but asking where I seen it

Can you show me that article for Edouard ?

My recollection, incl add ons, was millions below that.

Could rise to £18m sorry. What a “muppet” I am.

Kinda answering your own point. We're very slow to do anything despite Gio saying he wanted his new signings in really early.

Twiddling our thumbs hoping to scrape past the CL qualifiers before signing anyone didn't work out too well for us last season.

This

I very much doubt we're twiddling our thumbs, mate.

The club will be discussing and trying to push along transfers every single day, but the truth is we don't have a lot of weight to throw around in this market, and a ~£10m transfer out has a huge impact on what we can and will do, so it's a matter of doing business sensibly or 'slowly'.

Doesn’t really bother me about the £6 million fee up front, we will get £10 million all in. We were never going to just get £10 million as the up front fee, very few transfers work like that but it’s something for some to get raging about I suppose.

Absolutely no one can convince me 6 mil upfront is a good deal for Aribo, EL final scorer, so diverse he can play almost anywhere and a player who played the most games in world football last year

Shafted

If sky are on the money, he would be correct.

Which makes the fee for Aribo, if correct, even more ridiculous Grigo.
How so? They paid c. £10 million for Edouard, plus loan fees, plus a sell on clause to PSG. Profit would have been minimal.

Some people won't look at this as I actually think they want to attack Wilson and the board at every opportunity.

Let's see where we are in the next few weeks ffs.

“Where we are in the next few weeks”

Well our league campaign kicks off in just over 3 weeks, so I would like to think we will do something by then.

But I’m sure the “give it time” brigade to still be giving it the same line in the last week in August.

On the face of that is an awful deal for us which strikes me as being ‘get a deal done early so we can re-invest’ rather than being ultimately the best deal the club could get overall. I’ve never really known a relatively low release clause given the form and ability of a player only being hit by add ons and yet the bid is accepted.

Player trading is a key pillar for the club and the real issue here is that Aribo has been allowed to get to a year left and his clause to kick in. We simply do not have a competently functioning footballing department - well not at first team level at least. This may be due to lack of funds being available but Gio deserves the chance to build a competitive squad given the run him and his squad took us on last season.

A huge month for Ross Wilson and team. Are they up to it? Signs aren’t good.

Some of the mental gymnastics on the thread since last night by the blue sky loyal are ridiculous if unsurprising. If you’d have said to any of us at the end of May Aribo had a £10m release clause but we’d only receive £6m up front everyone would have said ‘%^*& off with that’. It’s an awful price for a player like Aribo.
Less than a guaranteed 10m for Aribo is a bad bad deal for us

"overall package", so they'd get away with stupid add ons. Shambles
I doubt it is stupid add ons, it will be appearance related, goals, international apps, league finishing place etc.

It's gutting to see Joe go, but he was also very inconsistent and his numbers weren't great, we also lose him to AFCON where he fell off a cliff after. His goals and assists should be very replaceable if the scouting team have been doing their job.

Hopefully the 6 million upfront is just their opening offer if we can’t get 10 upfront at the bare minimum I’d expect 8 up and 2 in guaranteed add ons

Then if it dragged on and on I suppose 6 and 4 is better than nothing next year

6 million straight to gio 4 on a rw and colak please at a minimum as Lowry and hagi can fill in at cam anything else we have then cam can be improved

To sell any player without a sell on clause is criminal now, very happy it has been restructured away from the £10m up front. Even released youth players that have joined other clubs now have a future sell on clause as we wave away our entitled development fee up front.

Keep clear of the click bait headlines, there is a longer game at play here.
It's a bizarre world when your trying to pass off the potential for cash at an unknown amount at an unknown time as preferable to cash up front.

I doubt it is stupid add ons, it will be appearance related, goals, international apps, league finishing place etc.

It's gutting to see Joe go, but he was also very inconsistent and his numbers weren't great, we also lose him to AFCON where he fell off a cliff after. His goals and assists should be very replaceable if the scouting team have been doing their job.
Good post. Cold light of day he should be replaceable with something more consistent

Hopefully the 6 million upfront is just their opening offer if we can’t get 10 upfront at the bare minimum I’d expect 8 up and 2 in guaranteed add ons

Then if it dragged on and on I suppose 6 and 4 is better than nothing next year

6 million straight to gio 4 on a rw and colak please at a minimum as Lowry and hagi can fill in at cam anything else we have then cam can be improved
Not sure I'm comfortable going with Lowry as our only option at no 10 until Hagi returns from injury. We need to directly replace Aribo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back