The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it is stupid add ons, it will be appearance related, goals, international apps, league finishing place etc.

It's gutting to see Joe go, but he was also very inconsistent and his numbers weren't great, we also lose him to AFCON where he fell off a cliff after. His goals and assists should be very replaceable if the scouting team have been doing their job.
The £4 million of add ons won’t include things like appearances imo, it’s a guaranteed figure to activate his release clause so I would imagine it’ll be just instalments over the next two seasons.

With the interest from other clubs and his £10m release clause, I'm calling this as being harder to believe. But let's see

So if you’re not happy in getting only £6m initially for Joe Aribo you’re a Tim?
We’re getting £10 million though? Not 6. No matter what the initial fee is the club know they are guaranteed £10 million so will spend money as a result of having £10 million income brought in and not 6.

he didn’t have an engine ?

really?
Yeah not for RW, very rarely tracked back later on in games and caused issues, I’ve said it for last 2 years not just now.

Not slagging him as think he’s a good player but was pointing out we didn’t use him in his best position which I think is just off the st as that didn’t fit way we played mostly. That’s why I think he’s the easiest replaced.

Ten bob spent on outgoing transfer fees since...

And yet we have won the same amount of trophies as our nearest rivals over last 2 seasons and reached a major European final, both teams are very well matched as we stand and undoubtedly we will bring in 2 or 3 players this Window

Seems like you are desperate for us just to spend, do anything almost

Bizarre take on how we should run as a club

There’s no point mate. If you’re not constantly signing about how great things are on here then some folk aren’t interested.

Or you could maybe just try and take a balanced approach?

It doesn’t have to be shite or sugar.

There could (will) be a multitude of reasons why business hasn’t happened yet.

We would all love to see five new signings done and dusted ahead of pre-season, but it very rarely works like that.

I am concerned too, but I also recognise the majority of business for most clubs is done during - and towards the end of - a window, and not at the start.

By this time next week we’ll have the backup striker we’ve needed for two years and a winger in the door, with more to follow once others are moved on.

That’s on top of the permanent promotions to the 1st team Squad for King, McCann and Lowry, with other kids being given their chance in pre-season.

We wanted a player trading model and youth to break through, and this is what it looks like.

You’d best make peace with it for your own sanity’s sake.

Btw if Greek reports are correct and we are spending £2.5m on Colak I think that’s a slight overspend considering our budget and the fact we’ve already got two good strikers already. We do need 3 strikers fwiw but I do think there’s more pressing areas
They were always angling for more money,the replacement pish was only a smokescreen.

Hopefully once this deal is done we can crack on and get a replacement pretty quickly. A right winger who can also play behind the striker preferably but we'll be struggling to find someone as versatile as big Joe has been.

10M release clause triggered for a player in the last year of his deal.

A player that while providing moments of brilliance, was also unreliable in games against the more physical SPL dross and never really showed up against the mentally challengeds.

It's good business all round, provided the money is reinvested correctly.

Why have folk lost their sh*t about Romano’s tweet. He exists to break news, he often gets the transfer correct but the value (initially) wrong.

Thats supported by his tweet and then FB post where he was quoting a paper! If he was certain the £6m was correct, he would have double downed with it - he clearly is not.

Say what you like about Wilson but he will get the max for Aribo one way or another!! We are not skint, we don’t need to sell but if we do, our budget for a RW and maybe a midfielder is improved considerably!!

Or you could maybe just try and take a balanced approach?

It doesn’t have to be shite or sugar.

There could (will) be a multitude of reasons why business hasn’t happened yet.

We would all love to see five new signings done and dusted ahead of pre-season, but it very rarely works like that.

I am concerned too, but I also recognise the majority of business for most clubs is done during - and towards the end of - a window, and not at the start.

By this time next week we’ll have the backup striker we’ve needed for two years and a winger in the door, with more to follow once others are moved on.

That’s on top of the permanent promotions to the 1st team Squad for King, McCann and Lowry, with other kids being given their chance in pre-season.

We wanted a player trading model and youth to break through, and this is what it looks like.

You’d best make peace with it for your own sanity’s sake.
Yeah maybe my expectations just don’t align with the way the club will operate moving forward and I’ll need to amend them somewhat.

Hope you’re right on the winger in the door and then hopefully a quality CM and CB to follow.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's slightly over £10m overall but we've given clubs the option of £10m up-front, or something slightly more spread out to suit all parties.

10M release clause triggered for a player in the last year of his deal.

A player that while providing moments of brilliance, was also unreliable in games against the more physical SPL dross and never really showed up against the mentally challengeds.

It's good business all round, provided the money is reinvested correctly.

It’s really good business and becomes our second highest sale, both of which have been done in the last 7 or 8 months!!

Damn that Wilson!!

Btw if Greek reports are correct and we are spending £2.5m on Colak I think that’s a slight overspend considering our budget and the fact we’ve already got two good strikers already. We do need 3 strikers fwiw but I do think there’s more pressing areas

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion Roofe won’t be with us much longer.

If we can get some money in the door for him now, I think we should do it.

Can't see us accepting £6m plus impossible to attain add ons.

Think we will comfortably make £10m from the deal and maybe even have a sell on clause on top .

Unfortunately while Roofe is a fine striker, he has dreadful injury issues which proved costly for us last season.

Actually looking forward to seeing who Gio brings in now. Need`s to bring in his own players and £10m for a player in his last year is the start, hopefully the other players in the last year can sign up or be sold on.

Why is it the same names constantly finding a negative in anything the club does?

It’s a mentality that you only experience from the scum support from the east end.

Funny that eh.

Some might say realists.

There are some fans who just can't see what's in front of them. It was the same last season when we were toiling in games at the turn of the year and they were still calling Celtic shite and that it'd only take one result for us to kick on.

It looks like we are still getting 10m, 6m upfront with the rest paid up over time.
In exchange for this will received a % profit of any future transfer fee.

I seem to be missing the part we should all be angry about.
Does anyone believe when we bought Kent for 7m that we paid it all in an upfront lump sum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back