The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully agree, I've said before it's about getting not only the right player but the the right person for this squad. Otherwise we would have signed every available bosman.

However I do feel our arrivals will be determined by our qualifying performances and departures
That's the part that worries me. If we'd strengthened last season pre Malmo I reckon we'd have qualified and won the league.
Would I swap that for Seville, probably tbh. Some of those nights will live with me forever! Leipzig will never be bettered

I think people might be speculating because he wasn't involved against Partick.

Videos suggest he's in full training.
I watched the Day One Portugal video on RTV last night and there was no sign of him? Maybe I am mistaken.

I immediately thought seeing as no involvement at weekend and no sign of him in Portugal = injured, but no confirmation.

Negotiating guaranteed fee is ridiculous. £10m is the release clause so that should be guaranteed, how’s its paid is another matter.

Spot on, surely to %^*& the club aren't going to waiver on this. If Aribo's contract extention simply states his release clause is a one off £10m fee then that is what we should demand. Add ons might never come too pass, he might get a serious injury, you just don't know...... take the £10m and run.

No, it isn’t.
Yes it is. His release clause is £10m so we should be guaranteed to receive that amount, whether that is upfront or in instalments it doesn’t matter that much. If it’s £6m-7m guaranteed for example and the rest is reliant on Aribo having a stormer down there then it’s a terrible deal.

We won the league by 20+ points then sat back smoking cigars thinking the next season would be a canter. How'd that work out?
Many on here stated we should have strengthened from a position of dominance but club thought otherwise or couldn't particularly afford it after fucking the Malmo tie.

We weren't bad last season but a few games cost us and the players we have are decent.

Which for a £2m buy is embarrassing, given last year. That plus the non-movement of the shell that is NEH, the non-appearance of the Champions Wall, and selling strips with wrong sponsors ASAP all points in the same direction. Utterly skint without selling. Despite last season’s takings. Unacceptable really.

Or we are just being prudent in the market and not spunking more money than a player is worth? Are you expecting us to make a raft of £5m signings like it’s 1999/2000? Seems people have short memories about our financial collapse.

We have to be sensible and not spend out with our means like we have in the past. We have had operating costs, loans to service/pay back, stadium maintenance, EH, etc, it all adds up pretty quickly.

Yes it is. His release clause is £10m so we should be guaranteed to receive that amount, whether that is upfront or in instalments it doesn’t matter that much. If it’s £6m-7m guaranteed for example and the rest is reliant on Aribo having a stormer down there then it’s a terrible deal.
Sounds like we have accepted less upfront to spread the rest over a year or two, in return we also get a sell on % which if it is 15-20% that is a great deal.

Please tell me how you know this? do you have a friendship with either him or the accountant at Southampton?

The answer to both is no and you are speculating and passing it off as fact.

Southampton don’t hide their player salaries. It’s easy to find the information. So I do know, for a fact, what his salary is.

Just put your own cash in to top up the transfer budget then? The opportunity is open to all.

If, like me, you can't afford it, we'll have to just thank those who have funded the club, and accept that we don't make huge profits without player sales.
I think us mere non-millionaires have done plenty already, thanks. I really hope you’re not criticising normal fans input since 2012 pal, and especially last season with all these extra and pricey games and the numbers we took to Seville. I think we are well within our rights to challenge the lack of spend in the last two transfer windows to date. A ton of unbudgeted revenue and yet still hardly any decent incomings since January.

The £10m is the non-negotiable part, other add-ons are up for negotiation as per any transfer.

Sorry, I know that parts are still up for negotiation, I was meaning I'm not sure how we've managed to get them to agree to it – it's very good business.

Roofe is injured again?

Imagine patience will be wearing a bit thin with him now. Surely a championship team will part with a couple of mill for him.
I’m at the stage with Roofe and helmander where I just assume they are injured. It’s a miracle if they are available to play. I don’t regard them as part of the squad in a meaningful way. Both could injure themselves brushing their teeth in the morning.

Rangers were over a barrel here regarding the aribo contract situation. If we get the 10 million package with a significant sell on I think it represents a good deal. Money needs to go straight into the squad though imo.

Very disappointing if the £6m up front is true. I can only assume Southampton have stitched us up because of a flaw in the wording around the release clause. Only alternative being Joe saying Southampton were the only club he was interested in and forcing us to stick or twist. Which might be the more likely issue. Otherwise, Rangers would surely have simply waited for one of the other interested clubs to put in a better offer. As I’ve often stated, virtually all the power is with the player these days.

Still, ‘player trading’, eh? I’m sure some will be happy.:rolleyes:

Jeez, looks like we've done all the "compromising" on this negotiation, no...?

On the player - am glad he's joining us, we need in injection up front of solid experienced players that should hit the ground running. My only slight reservation is that there didn't appear to be a queue of clubs after him.
So I this guys tweet is a fact? Why are you so ready to believe Twitter?

So put it this way, as long as we get a solid amount up front to spend this summer and either the add-ons are reasonable or it is instalments, we will get the £10m anyway. Then say he has a good season, he could easy move to an Everton etc for £25m next summer and we get another £4/5m+.

It's really a win/win doing it this way.

How do you know we are receiving that amount over time. Upfront fee the rest of cash to make it up to £10m is instalments?

Because they aren’t paying £10m cash upfront it probably means we could negotiate to get £10m in total and a sell on.

Very disappointing if the £6m up front is true. I can only assume Southampton have stitched us up because of a flaw in the wording around the release clause. Only alternative being Joe saying Southampton were the only club he was interested in and forcing us to stick or twist. Which might be the more likely issue. Otherwise, Rangers would surely have simply waited for one of the other interested clubs to put in a better offer. As I’ve often stated, virtually all the power is with the player these days.

Still, ‘player trading’, eh? I’m sure some will be happy.:rolleyes:

You assume we have been “stitched up”?

It’s quite clear this deal is worth £10m to us, which is the number in his contract

Genuinely never see so much scrutiny of a transfer deal anywhere else apart from when we are involved, if you see someone’s cost x amount people tend not to get so forensic about how that’s made up

Patterson was the same, folk falling over themselves to argue how much it was upfront etc etc, every single transfer deal everywhere in the world will have some agreed structure to it
We're not done yet - still got the tax experts to come on to start a debate about how much goes to the VAT man :shh:

Or we are just being prudent in the market and not spunking more money than a player is worth? Are you expecting us to make a raft of £5m signings like it’s 1999/2000? Seems people have short memories about our financial collapse.

We have to be sensible and not spend out with our means like we have in the past. We have had operating costs, loans to service/pay back, stadium maintenance, EH, etc, it all adds up pretty quickly.
I know we need to be prudent. I’d accept the non-signings if we could see genuine progress on NEH. Or vice versa. Right now it’s nothing. And highly coincidental that only now we look like selling someone the Colak deal gathers pace. Would it have happened without Aribo going?

Haha 5%? He would need to be sold on for £40 million for us to even get £2million.

It’ll be nowhere near that low. 15% tends to be the minimum.
Actually it doesn’t. 10% is very commonplace. And even then sometimes that’s of profit on resale. Generally the bigger (wealthier) club gets the better of those clauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back