The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roofe is injured again?

Imagine patience will be wearing a bit thin with him now. Surely a championship team will part with a couple of mill for him.
Is he?
I thought he was in full training with the squad? I know the buffalo is still on gym work so him being fit for the CL qualifier probably doesn’t look good.

On the face of it, seems like very good business given the release clause.

Not sure how we've managed to negotiate a sell-on fee, maybe we've conceded to some of the £10m fee being add-ons in order to get a sell-on %?
Because we're getting our guaranteed £10m split over 2/3 payments, rather than up front. That's why Southampton agreed to a sell on clause.

It’s been said a million times, but it’s not like we just sat back and congratulated ourselves.

It’s not like we didn’t want to spend money, we quite literally couldn’t due to the massive £25mill loss and the many millions in directors loans required just to have us functioning as a football club.

You can say it till you are blue in the face mate, some on here assume we should spend fortunes every window but won’t look at the bigger picture.

I honestly think they are still in the 90’s

He can be as good as he wants to be. Think he just needs to believe in himself a wee bit more.
Like Bassey, the sky is the limit for him IMO.

I'm excited to see who we go after to replace him. I felt we needed an attacking midfielder anyway even if he stayed but now it's more urgent. Aribo plays a number of positions for us. The only positions I've not seen him fill in at is goalkeeper and CB :D

The way I’m interpreting that Athletic article, mixed with Romano is -

£6m up front

£4m in instalments

Sell on %age is better than £10m up front for me, due to the absolutely mental nature of the EPL all it takes is for Aribo to have a good season and he’s off to Spurs or Arsenal potentially*

*Not that I think he will, but we should be optimistic and it’s worth a gamble, we will see our money anyway.

Last edited:
£6m up front

£4m in instalments

Sell on %age is better than £10m up front for me, due to the absolutely mental nature of the EPL all it takes is for Aribo to have a good season and he’s off to Spurs or Arsenal potentially*

*Not that I think he will, but we should be optimistic and it’s worth a gamble, we will see our money anyway.
Instalments rather than clauses is key detail here.

£6m up front

£4m in instalments

The sell on % has the potential to make it a very good deal all things considered. However, i dont see anywhere that says its 4m in instalments. Its add ons. There is a difference. Hopefully they are attainable ones

£6m up front

£4m in instalments

Is that £6m figure accurate? Or are we somewhat guessing based on the Romano tweets?

£6m up front

£4m in instalments

Do we know for sure it’s £4m in instalments mate?

£6m up front

£4m in instalments

Can you imagine this place in 3 years if he goes for £70m to liverpool and we had got the £10m upfront with no sell on?

Is that £6m figure accurate? Or are we somewhat guessing based on the Romano tweets?
I put 2+2 with that and the JC article which said a ‘total package of £10m’ which suggests to me that’s there’s going to be instalments.

(May have misinterpreted that)

Why would it be £6m plus add-ons if his clause is £10m?? Doesn't make an iota of sense - surely you can see that?

It may well be £10m paid over 3 years, £6m up front then £2m each year for following 2 years, but that's nowhere near the same as £6m plus add-ons. It'll be a guaranteed £10m ffs.
You would certainly hope so.

The sell on % has the potential to make it a very good deal all things considered. However, i dont see anywhere that says its 4m in instalments. Its add ons. There is a difference. Hopefully they are attainable ones

David Ornstein saying £10m guaranteed package would tell you it’s instalments mate.

Can you imagine this place in 3 years if he goes for £70m to liverpool and we had got the £10m upfront with no sell on?

Indeed. People suggesting at his age he won't get a big move - how much would Ward-Prowse go for right now? I'm not saying Aribo hits that level, but at the same age no one thought he'd be doing this well in his thirties.

I guess there was a risk either way and we've went with one that has a higher potential return. Given the Europa League run and extra income he was a big part of helping us gain last season, I think we can afford to try that.

£10m overall AND managed to include a percentage of any future transfer. A 'significant' one at that.

Good work by Ross Wilson there.

I hope significant is about 25%, that's what I’d interpret that at.

If he hits the ground running and smashes the EPL, no reason why he wont become a £30m player.

£6m up front

£4m in instalments

It's not even a good season. All you need is a a run of 6 or 7 great games to catch the eye. Joe has that much talent in his locker that he is more than capable of doing so.

No co-incidence Čolak deal now moving. Have PAOK got a replacement in yet? Lol

Clear we had to sell before we can buy.
Which for a £2m buy is embarrassing, given last year. That plus the non-movement of the shell that is NEH, the non-appearance of the Champions Wall, and selling strips with wrong sponsors ASAP all points in the same direction. Utterly skint without selling. Despite last season’s takings. Unacceptable really.

I'm more concerned that the add ons are appearance or performance based.

If he spends months on end creating nothing down there, he won't play every game like he did here.

David Ornstein saying £10m guaranteed package would tell you it’s instalments mate.
if he said guaranteed then your right mate. I haven’t seen that. Think people confuse add ons and instalments often though

Edit: i still dont see where he said guaranteed

Because we're getting our guaranteed £10m split over 2/3 payments, rather than up front. That's why Southampton agreed to a sell on clause.

I mean this is clearly the most likely explanation. And means we have the opportunity to make more than £10m out of the deal. Which is obviously a good thing. But lets go mental anyway.

Negotiating guaranteed fee is ridiculous. £10m is the release clause so that should be guaranteed, how’s its paid is another matter.
I work with a guy down south who is a big Saints fan. He has been saying to me all season that they don’t have much cash to spend.

Which for a £2m buy is embarrassing, given last year. That plus the non-movement of the shell that is NEH, the non-appearance of the Champions Wall, and selling strips with wrong sponsors ASAP all points in the same direction. Utterly skint without selling. Despite last season’s takings. Unacceptable really.

I would think administration soon mate

Reading that it sounds as if it’s £ upfront with bonuses (presumably regarding appearances) + a sell on clause

Personally think the sell on clause is more valuable than an extra £1m upfront

Yep agree.

Good luck to joe.

Suspect it’ll be similar to 8mill up front, appearances then 20% sell on.

Just put your own cash in to top up the transfer budget then? The opportunity is open to all.

If, like me, you can't afford it, we'll have to just thank those who have funded the club, and accept that we don't make huge profits without player sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back